FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nois-or-e
    SponCon Aficionado
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2007
    • 3250

    #61
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

    Originally posted by MaxGhost
    Just wondering, what's with SD_Tsugamush's scores in D4... they're higher than the maximum...

    Tsuga was moved from D3 to D4.

    Comment

    • Xayphon
      sausage
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Nov 2008
      • 1630

      #62
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

      Zombie Sunset ヽ(*′ω`)ノ゙

      Comment

      • Hateandhatred
        "The Quebec Steparatist."
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2011
        • 1974

        #63
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

        As always, lol, here are my thoughts on this tourney's round songs.

        Division 1: La Cereza Caliente.

        It's a pretty cool song! Some sound effects remind me of worm armaggedon for the GBA! xD But still, it's pleasing to listen to.

        As far as the file itself, it's also easier than what D1 got last round. The AAA came down the road easily, and not only will this be a AAA cutoff... But I predict an entire AAA round. That's right. Every single person in D1 still going on will AAA this. And the AAA cutoff will come by this weekend.

        It's also Elite Ninja's first file. And I hope he knows that he did a really good job with it! Of course it's not something revolutionnary, but it's a pretty cool addition to the game. This is something I'd recommend to people starting to play this game in hope to hook them up though.

        Division 2: Stay Crunchy.

        Ahahaha, I love that one! <3

        It's a really chill song, and actually the best song we got so far in D2! Gotta love how smooth it goes. It's not especially a song that was destined to be stepped, but it definitely had potential.

        The best way to describe the chart is "It flows". Even with the mini jacks which you have to tense a bit with, the chart just flows through along with the song. who_cares973 did great use of this aspect of the song. It's his second file in the tournament, but if you ask me, it's his best so far.

        It's a pretty smooth Challenging file. Actually, when I read that this would have streams, I was scared that we'd get {Rose} or streams of similar speed, in which even the SDG would be out of reach for me. But nah, I'm relieved to see what kind of file we got here!

        The main thing that poses a challenge for me here is the length. Consistency is not really my strong suit.

        The competition in D2 will be extra-tight, this round.

        Division 3: spanish.

        ROFLMAO this is so similar to a progressive/melodic death metal song I wrote some time ago... xD I had to laugh every now and then at my riffs while playing through this one...

        Again, a pretty long song. But it's a fun one! Yay for acoustic Malmsteen-like guitar shredding. But at the same time, you don't strictly have a huge pack of Batio speed technical lightning ninja shred without much thought put into it. It's also cool, even though I'm not really a fan of the genre. But it's one of the best of its type that I've heard in my life. Maybe because it has similarities with shit I wrote before, especially regarding the rythm sections, my lead was a lot more arpeggio based.

        The chart is surprisingly well done. I would have suspected a file like this to be amazingly off sync (hello Caprice and RAT), but since the genius file making of MarioNintendo and bmah was put to use in here, there wasn't much to worry about. Good job y'all. I need private lessons on charting by people like you (Hit me, Felix! I'm also in Quebec City! *hint hint* *nudge nudge*)!

        This is totally AAAable by D3, though I don't think many of these guys will manage to pull it off. I don't know what hinted me this. Feminine instincts, I guess.

        Division 4: Colorful Course.

        This file is a blast. Kjwkjw makes cool stuff.

        Luckily for me, the jumpstreams aren't too dense. They are my absolute worst pattern right after left hand trills/jacks (because my left hand is a ****). But Kjwkjw (ahaha, I love writing Kjwkjw, everytime I do, I try to pronounce it with a French "J", and it makes me laugh because it never sounds like what I'm expecting to pronounce xD) didn't go berzerk with it in such a way that all of it would be unreadable.

        The entire chart blends so well with the song. I played it 3 times so far, and every time, I found myself dancing or some shit. I'll be getting the FC on that for sure! So fun! =3 The minijacks are a bit frustrating though.

        As far as the song, I hinted a bit of Kommisar here and here, but no, nothing from him at all. This "Yuuyu" person/band sure did a good job with this happy tune. Much better than 95% of the happy bullshit already in game (FUUUUUU 101 kittens is retarded).

        Anyway, greatest file D4 got so far. Pretty sure you guys are happy with it! ^^

        Also, best file this round. Kjwkjw, you are a boss.

        [...]

        KJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJWKJW!!!!

        Division 5: Magical Higan Tour 2009.

        Yay for the easiest FGO in existence or so!

        Ok not really, lots of FGOs easier than this (Crowdpleaser, Necropotence, Ketsarku Mozgalom, Frictional Nevada, Nomida Nuda Tenemus or Molto Vivace come to mind). Fun to actually have a FGO that I can play though! Helps rating it! =)

        Lots of bursts in this. And it's great. The entire file is done with before you can even realize what you just played. To think that this almost lasts 2 minutes and 30 seconds... I guess you are too absorbed by the song's intensity to keep track of time.

        Talking about track of time, the beginning of the sound track sounds like a clock (OH HORRIBLEST PUN-ISH THING EVER, PLEASE KILL ME ALIVE FOR THIS!), and it's pretty cool, as it sets the mood before the song (that has absolutely nothing to do with it) starts, a recurring thing among FGOs. Have a cool intro and then bursts into weird**** noises for the rest of the file, lol. SOOOOO many FGOs like that. Especially Venetian Snares files.

        It's not something I'd put on my ipod, lol. It's not t+pazolite's best song either. Necropotence takes the cake for me.

        Can't wait to see how D5 deal with this... I predict at least 1 AAA... Last round's file was much harder than this.

        Division 6: Zombie Sunset.

        Wow, this is madness... Still, I believe it's AAA or die as well this time.

        I can't believe what kind of level D6 are currently at. Some favorites have been eliminated last round, namely AlexDest. You guys are just batshit insane, lol.

        I didn't like the song that much. Welcome to lawn Wake whatever on crack. Really random song but I feel like it didn't have that much potential for stepping. Leonid, being what he is, managed to do something decent out of it, but this is just wtf beyond belief. Like Rato, but worse. And for damn shit, longest song in the tourney so far.

        Again, no hate for the file itself, its ok. But I dunno, that level is boring. Sure, one could argue that I can't really understand how awesome this file is because I can't listen to my keytaps, or cannot read through this thing well, but I don't know. Honestly, I'd rather play Death Piano (actually, I like DP.), or even Vrofl, because the song is cool.

        This is one of the only levels that I didn't like so far in the tournaments...

        But whatever. It's main purpose was to set up some sort of challenge, and I guess that D6 will have it. I wish you guys a better round 6, though, and a sure thing is, the Vrofl token will sure be a nice token of skill displayed at this tournament for AAAing this monster.

        And hell, only round 5 in. Bring the FSOs in, seriously.

        Because, to quote a certain someone in D6...

        We ain't playing.

        Endnote.

        I'm not too satisfied with these reviews. They took me a bit more than an hour to write, but I dunno, they feel blunt (I don't even know if that's the right word, but who cares!)... I'll try to do better next round.

        Nice round here, lots of awesome files! Second best so far! Last round, all of the tournament's divisions got great files, and this time, only D6 got something that sucked.

        Again, I'd like to know what I should add to this! By now, lots of people told me that they like my reviews (it makes me feel important, I have to admit! =3), and I'd like to deliver something nice! =) Keep sending me teh loev! And eventual criticism!

        Nice tourney everyone! And good luck for Vrofl GET!
        Last edited by Hateandhatred; 12-14-2011, 07:36 AM.
        Forgot where I put my old sig lol

        Comment

        • smartdude1212
          2 is poo
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2005
          • 6687

          #64
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

          If those are blunt reviews you're probably putting everybody else to shame.

          Comment

          • Hateandhatred
            "The Quebec Steparatist."
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2011
            • 1974

            #65
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

            Originally posted by smartdude1212
            If those are blunt reviews you're probably putting everybody else to shame.
            They are compared to my older stuff.
            Forgot where I put my old sig lol

            Comment

            • Choofers
              FFR Player
              FFR Music Producer
              • Dec 2008
              • 6205

              #66
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

              Originally posted by RuGuru
              It's a good chart. Don't know what you're talking about.
              ^^^^^^^



              I've only played higan so far, but I love it. Once I get a good score on that, I'll be playing the others.

              Comment

              • Choofers
                FFR Player
                FFR Music Producer
                • Dec 2008
                • 6205

                #67
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                D3: This is more of an artsy file that belongs on SM rather than ffr. Most certainly not a tourney chart. That Intro is something I'd have cut out. Completely. That framer isn't pretty either.
                The intro is literally the best part of the file, what are you on (besides haterade).

                This file is perfect for the tourney because of the intro, the couple of colored parts along with your standard 16th stuff, and then the trill.


                So yeah, uh. Even though //SUBJECTIVEMANIAS\\, your reviews are never going to be taken seriously because they're pretty much wrong.

                Comment

                • who_cares973
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 15407

                  #68
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                  midnight is to ffr as dossar is to _______

                  Comment

                  • rushyrulz
                    Digital Dancing!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 12985

                    #69
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                    Originally posted by who_cares973
                    midnight is to ffr as dossar is to _______
                    Chinese pop culture.

                    PS

                    Originally posted by MikeShinoda12345
                    blabla, my score is gonna end up being in last place blabla
                    No, just no. The fact that you even thought of this as a possibility is insane. I'm fairly confident that my 9-1-0-4 will keep me in the top 8 and you have nearly 4 clean x.x (especially seeing as last round, the cutoff was at like 18 goods for a FMO..)
                    Last edited by rushyrulz; 12-14-2011, 10:54 AM.


                    Comment

                    • hi19hi19
                      lol happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 12194

                      #70
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                      Originally posted by who_cares973
                      midnight is to ffr as dossar is to _______
                      professional sheep shearing


                      Comment

                      • MinaciousGrace
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 4278

                        #71
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                        Originally posted by who_cares973
                        midnight is to ffr as dossar is to _______
                        stepmania turtle

                        Comment

                        • Hateandhatred
                          "The Quebec Steparatist."
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 1974

                          #72
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                          Originally posted by who_cares973
                          midnight is to ffr as dossar is to _______
                          me.

                          OH SNAP

                          (No hate Midnight, just lulz)
                          Forgot where I put my old sig lol

                          Comment

                          • bmah
                            shots FIRED
                            Profile Moderator
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            Global Moderator
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 8448

                            #73
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                            Great reviews again, Hateandhatred.

                            Comment

                            • j-rodd123
                              End of the road
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3692

                              #74
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                              D3's file is pretty fun, but dat trill......kills me as a split player haha. Haven't really fully tried others yet, but D5 and D6 files seemed pretty awesome.

                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              wow

                              Comment

                              • woker-X
                                .... :.. .:. ::
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2007
                                • 1040

                                #75
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                                La Cereza Caliente - Easy file. But it's a great one. Good job Elite, welcome to the FFR Simfile Author!! o/

                                Stay Crunchy - excelent file wc, a bit tricky though.

                                spanish - This file is just awesome, favorite of this week. It's so hard to AAA on it, yet very easy to develop mindblocks. bmah + MarioNintendo... it's a great, great collab.

                                Colorful Course - The flow in this chart is excellent, but I agree with hi19... that trill into 32nd roll is mean xD.

                                Magical Higan Tour 2009 - I love this song!!!!!... and I could have played it ._. ... and the file is as great as the song, congrats!!

                                Zombie Sunset - lol minijacks... great file... it flows well but I just suck at it for the length.

                                Comment

                                Working...