FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zekramcross
    The Break Ends
    • May 2011
    • 1786

    #16
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

    Even though I'm eliminated I will still try out D2s song and see how I fare.

    Comment

    • iironiic
      D6 FFR Legacy Player
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2009
      • 4342

      #17
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

      Sightread a blackflag on Colorful Course. Great file brodda :')

      D5 and D6 are good files but I can't play them on this laptop.

      I'll do the others tomorrow after my first exam.

      Comment

      • bballa48
        FFR Veteran
        • Jan 2007
        • 1496

        #18
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

        You could have easily cut over a minute from zombie sunset and not affected the difficulty at all. I pity all of you that have to whore that song.
        "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
        Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

        Comment

        • iironiic
          D6 FFR Legacy Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2009
          • 4342

          #19
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

          I'd like to also make a note and say that spanish is amazing. Seriously well done Felix and Brent

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #20
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

            Originally posted by bballa48
            You could have easily cut over a minute from zombie sunset and not affected the difficulty at all. I pity all of you that have to whore that song.
            There's nothing wrong with the way the chart is right now. Four minutes makes it that much more fun to play because it's constant, relentless difficulty.

            (there's also a reason why it received the second highest rating in the Hard Songs Batch - it's awesome.)

            Comment

            • bballa48
              FFR Veteran
              • Jan 2007
              • 1496

              #21
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

              Originally posted by TC_Halogen
              There's nothing wrong with the way the chart is right now. Four minutes makes it that much more fun to play because it's constant, relentless difficulty.

              (there's also a reason why it received the second highest rating in the Hard Songs Batch - it's awesome.)
              I didn't mean there was anything wrong with it.... you just have to sit and stare at the screen for like 30 seconds at the end.
              "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
              Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

              Comment

              • 00Razor00
                FFR Player
                • Jul 2006
                • 3530

                #22
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                Cereza Caliente - Meh, it's decent. Too many 1234/4321 patterns. Switch it up some more.

                Stay Crunchy - Wow, loved this file. Props Carlos. :')

                Spanish - loltrilltypicalbmah, otherwise, good stuff.

                Colorful Course - Great job. Pretty enjoyable.

                Magical Higan Tour - skgjdgldkg;lmwjekw best file of the night.

                Zombie Sunset - Very awesome. Gr9 file leonid.

                /endcomments


                Originally posted by t-rogdor
                hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

                Comment

                • Sweet_Feet
                  Washed Up
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1934

                  #23
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                  Spanish is great, such a unique file and really fun to play. Props.

                  Comment

                  • DossarLX ODI
                    Batch Manager
                    Game Manager
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 15013

                    #24
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                    spanish

                    Sick trill

                    Really nicely done with the syncing and stepping though, wow.
                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                    Comment

                    • smartdude1212
                      2 is poo
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 6687

                      #25
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                      D6 finally gets a file worth whoring. :scree:

                      Comment

                      • ~Zeta~
                        Flag Master
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 2156

                        #26
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                        higan's intro is annoying as hell.

                        zombie's awesome.

                        Comment

                        • Xx{Midnight}xX
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 8548

                          #27
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                          Thoughts/opinions. They're going to come off more harsh than I intend them to I imagine.

                          D1: The song cut is kinda badly done, and anything else I have to say about this one is pretty much subjective stuff. Good chart. Subjectively: I can't believe I'm saying this but honestly, this is a chart where mini jacks actually make more sense than what you did to me.

                          D2: Another chart that (in my opinion aka subjectively) bastardizes mini jacks. Otherwise fine I guess.

                          D3: This is more of an artsy file that belongs on SM rather than ffr. Most certainly not a tourney chart. That Intro is something I'd have cut out. Completely. That framer isn't pretty either.

                          D4: You're joking right. Like seriously? The **** is this? I'm glad I don't have to play it honestly. That minijack into 32nd mini wtf would piss me off to no end.

                          D5: I'm not really a fan of charts like this but I can't sit here and say I don't like this chart in particular. It's at least fun if nothing.

                          D6: The only consistency in this chart is that it's bad. The minijacks are pointless (mostly) the intro's hand usage is like a game of flip a coin (call it tails heads tails heads ect.) There's a section where you're jumping something you probably shouldn't be jumping... Despite the fact I usually disagree with things you do in your charts, for a guy who I know is actually a good stepartist, I'm honestly disappointed. What the hell where you all thinking letting this in? It's like you guys stopped caring almost. I [almost] feel bad D6 has to actually play it.

                          Edit: And once again the hate will be attacking me because I'm one of maybe two people say some of these are bad.

                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #28
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                            Zombie Sunset received the second highest rating in the batch, with SEVEN judges looking it over...

                            ...leonid -has- to be doing something right.

                            Comment

                            • psychoangel691
                              Retired Staff
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2004
                              • 10438

                              #29
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                              Thoughts/opinions. They're going to come off more harsh than I intend them to I imagine.

                              D1: The song cut is kinda badly done, and anything else I have to say about this one is pretty much subjective stuff. Good chart. Subjectively: I can't believe I'm saying this but honestly, this is a chart where mini jacks actually make more sense than what you did to me.
                              The original chart actually had more minijacks and honestly I liked that version better. Not sure what provoked the fixes. (Don't really remember the batch notes)
                              Originally posted by Charu
                              My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                              Originally posted by DaBackpack
                              also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                              Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                              Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                              Comment

                              • hi19hi19
                                lol happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 12194

                                #30
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 5

                                Overall I am REALLY happy with this round's files. I think it's the first one to have all files that I either like, or REALLY like. Nice job, this round's step authors



                                La Cereza Caliente-
                                Nice to see the lower divisions getting a jack file! FFR needs more jack files, haters be damned.
                                Repetitive, but that's fine because it fits the song. Minijack usage was inconsistant at the end of the file, and there were some minijacks in the melody lines that were missed as well.
                                Didn't impact the quality of the file too much though, it was enjoyable.

                                Stay Crunchy-
                                Loved it. Really tastefully done. There was one 334334 minijack pattern that was a little mean, and the 4 note upjack right near the end was also unexpected, but overall a really fun file and technically pretty sound. FFR needs more Ronald Jenkees, man is a genius and his songs are super steppable.

                                spanish-
                                Originally posted by 00Razor00
                                loltrilltypicalbmah, otherwise, good stuff.
                                Seriously though, this was no SAMBISTA- this file was pretty fun.
                                The initial burst patterns were weird, but doable, and the overall feel was fine. I liked it and it's certainly unique.
                                This is basically Kyrie, but longer and with more difficult burst patterns, and some seriously retarded framers in that trill. This felt more FMO to me than the D4 file, there's no way I will be AAAing this before I AAA the D4 file.

                                Colorful Course-
                                Long consistencymanias file. Was pretty fun though, roll patterns were very friendly and it had a great flow. No complaints, other than the fact it's basically everything I'm bad at and it's my division's file ._.

                                Magical Higan Tour 2009-
                                While I am usually against the game getting another burstmania breakcore file, this was super fun so I'm totally fine with it. Good patterns, though the rolls in the beginning have some weird reversing thing going on after them in the 24ths that I couldn't nail on my sightread, but I'm sure I'll FC this with Tageri-ish PA eventually. Definitely a good addition to FFR's FGOs
                                That trill into jack at like 2/3 of the way through is real ragebait haha

                                Zombie Sunset-
                                First half didn't seem all that hard, like only a high FMO, then the actual FGO part came in lol
                                There were some random pink arrow jacks that killed my sightread FC, those were unexpected!
                                The difficulty curve felt great and the length went by for me rather quickly because of how fun it was, but you could have honestly cut the last 30 seconds after the quad...


                                Comment

                                Working...