Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
It's hard to give yourself credit when you've never been a top 8 competitor in any division because I'm always bottom of my division, and when I get good enough to actually start to enjoy a healthy competition I get thrown back into the bottom of a different barrel. Idk I just think the ranking system is flawed in a sense that it assumes people don't have limitations. I know I won't get better. The ranking system doesn't and neither do you. I do appreciate the swift replies though and I apologize if people see this as a toxic post. Just my opinion.
New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
You have 12 of your 15 best scores above 82.00
Of them your best 5 are over 83.00, and two more are 82.91
I don't think it's a fluke that you're level 83, give yourself more credit!Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
I really can't help but laugh when people say "lol but hes d6." I'm level 83. I was level 82 for a year and a fucking half. THAT WAS D5. I went up 1 LEVEL in a YEAR AND A HALF. I went up that ONE level because I got a fluke score on an 87 file. I have not gotten a single good score on anything since then. The way ranking works is stupid and broken, I've been saying this for years and it has fallen on deaf ears the entire time.
Just wanna sandbag d00d cm0n plzLast edited by Elmerz; 01-29-2019, 10:56 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
Yeah generally we don't decide on the prizing until we get a total of what the prizes are, donations have been *ahem* pretty thin on the ground, so I'll probably up the 2M to 2.5M and it'll be weighted to the winners of each division, but everybody will get -something-Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
Typically, theres a participation prize. Usually 5-20k credits depending on how many people are in the tourny and how many credits are in the pot.Makin' first post from D1 to say that it did push me to get better, I've leveled up twice today after practicing the songs. Thank you for the push, devonin
EDIT: but it's also my first tourney, so I'd like to know how prize distribution works. Do only the top three per division get stuff, or will I get something for placing 6th?Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
Makin' first post from D1 to say that it did push me to get better, I've leveled up twice today after practicing the songs. Thank you for the push, devonin
EDIT: but it's also my first tourney, so I'd like to know how prize distribution works. Do only the top three per division get stuff, or will I get something for placing 6th?Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
lmao at complaining about sandbaggers in this tourney where the only prizes are credits and some tokens you probably werent gonna play anywaysLeave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
tl;dr Someone's working on people's issues with perceived and actual sandbagging.Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
I'm pretty sure at the time I replied to the thread he was also D5 levelled too. He's -barely- into D6 range right now.the point is that before the tourney he was a D5 looking only at level, so devonin had no way of knowing to place him higher. people complaining directly to him about it doesn't solve anything.
edit: also, i would completely understand if a D5 was complaining about it since it directly affects them, but the person complaining in this situation is D6 lol
But the whole point of the tournament was to push people to improve, so somebody who had enough gameplays to be placed into a division, just -getting better- to the point where halfway through, they've squeaked into the division above is just the tournament working properly.
The person in 1st in D1 right now is D2 leveled but started in D1, and I haven't moved them up either. There's a person in D2 who is D3 leveled and isn't even winning. Clearly everybody ahead of them should also all be put into D3 even though they're still under level 50.
I've moved up people that have just blown right past the division and up into the next one. But being 2 or 3 levels higher than you started was the GOAL. Why would anybody try as hard as they could to improve and get their best scores if the INSTANT reward was "Putting you up into a division where you'll get ruined into paste"
This was a -TEST RUN- for a tournament format built specifically to have the effect of pushing people to improve their overall skill level enough to go up a division. Complaining that people have improved their overall skill enough to go up a division is sort of contrary to the purpose here.
If nothing else, seeing now that we can structure a format where people will actually push their skill up and get PBs and then improve them to new PBs is valuable information to find ways to make this format even better in the future. I'm already working on a scoring system to not reward placing in your division, but instead reward skill level improvement, using the tournament just as a structure for a start and end date. I'm also working on a reward system to make it so that improving your way up out of a division gives you a worthwhile reward on its own at the time you get moved up mid-tourney that it's actually an incentive and not a punishment to level up.Last edited by devonin; 01-29-2019, 01:32 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
@suicidaln00b,
fuck.
that.
Confirmed actually impossible to win a D6 tournament.Last edited by gold stinger; 01-28-2019, 10:52 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
the point is that before the tourney he was a D5 looking only at level, so devonin had no way of knowing to place him higher. people complaining directly to him about it doesn't solve anything.
edit: also, i would completely understand if a D5 was complaining about it since it directly affects them, but the person complaining in this situation is D6 lolLast edited by PhantomPuppy; 01-28-2019, 07:25 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
They took 7 attempts to get 3 goods on Etude lmao
I could take 100 attempts and not improve that fast. It's not a mystery as to why people complain about sandbagging.Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
Boom, not last. Bring it, bottom of D2!Leave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
I feel like I might get D7 accidentally one day o.oLeave a comment:
-
Re: New Tournament Format - Blitz Tourney
i'd be honored to be placed in a higher division than i think i am
then again, i'm d6 lolLeave a comment:
Leave a comment: