NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarukuAntoni
    mmmMMMmmm
    • Apr 2007
    • 521

    #451
    Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

    Hopefully there aren't any riots in Vancouver...
    IF I CAN CLIMB A TREE, I CAN CLIMB MT EVEREST. IF I CAN DRIVE A CAR, I CAN PILOT A SPACE SHUTTLE. IF I CAN PEE, I CAN BE THE PRESIDENT. IF I CAN POO, I CAN RULE THE WORLD!

    Comment

    • bmah
      shots FIRED
      Profile Moderator
      FFR Simfile Author
      Global Moderator
      • Oct 2003
      • 8448

      #452
      Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

      Originally posted by MarukuAntoni
      Hopefully there aren't any riots in Vancouver...
      Might be a slightly more constrained version of 1994, since policing these days is better, but I'm not surprised that people will go about with riots. I mean, I hardly watch hockey myself, and even I'm frustrated to see this outcome.

      Comment

      • Zageron
        Zageron E. Tazaterra
        FFR Administrator
        • Apr 2007
        • 6592

        #453
        Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

        Not a very good game on Canucks part. Boston played exceptionally well! Good on you guys, and congratulations. We'll win next time. :]

        Comment

        • Gundam-Dude
          `~`
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2005
          • 7327

          #454
          Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

          awww yeah wave of depression and disappointment incoming


          (Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

          My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

          Comment

          • Kibblre
            Caelondia Represent
            • Jul 2004
            • 1984

            #455
            Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

            Eagerly awaiting Trevor's post.
            Какой идиот придумал Бутерброд с дикобраза? Он хулиган и бездельник.

            Comment

            • Zageron
              Zageron E. Tazaterra
              FFR Administrator
              • Apr 2007
              • 6592

              #456
              Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

              The Great Depression v2

              Comment

              • Suicidalfatman
                Claws are better to FFR
                • Oct 2006
                • 678

                #457
                Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

                Good year, good play
                bring on 2012

                Highest AAA ~ Musicmaker Rx (52) 1-24-2015
                Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament (Div. 3) -> 1st
                Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament -> 15th

                Comment

                • MarukuAntoni
                  mmmMMMmmm
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 521

                  #458
                  Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

                  Originally posted by bmah
                  Might be a slightly more constrained version of 1994, since policing these days is better, but I'm not surprised that people will go about with riots. I mean, I hardly watch hockey myself, and even I'm frustrated to see this outcome.
                  Sorry, I worded it wrong. Hopefully, people don't get seriously injured, or get to the point of destroying cars and business areas, or loot.

                  This was a great series. First team to score did win the game. It's unfortunate for the Vancouver players and fans to lose at home when it seemed like this was a homefield advantage series. Credit to the Bruins. Enjoy Boston fans.
                  IF I CAN CLIMB A TREE, I CAN CLIMB MT EVEREST. IF I CAN DRIVE A CAR, I CAN PILOT A SPACE SHUTTLE. IF I CAN PEE, I CAN BE THE PRESIDENT. IF I CAN POO, I CAN RULE THE WORLD!

                  Comment

                  • Bluearrowll
                    ⊙▃⊙
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 7376

                    #459
                    Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

                    Photo barrage Part II:

                    Raymond complete with back brace tries to motivate the Canucks



                    At game end, fans salute



                    Tim Thomas and Luongo shake hands




                    Captains have words with each other




                    Thomas for MVP




                    Chara holding the cup





                    The moment of the hoist




                    I know someone who went to this guy's high school. One year after graduation, a stanley cup winner. Not bad




                    The group photo
                    1st in Kommisar's 2009 SM Tournament
                    1st in I Love You`s 2009 New Year`s Tournament
                    3rd in EnR's Mashfest '08 tournament
                    5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
                    9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
                    10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
                    10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

                    FMO AAA Count: 71
                    FGO AAA Count: 10

                    Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
                    PS: Cool AAA's Terry
                    - I Love You


                    An Alarm Clock's Haiku
                    beep beep beep beep beep
                    beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
                    beep beep beep beep beep
                    - ieatyourlvllol

                    Comment

                    • Gundam-Dude
                      `~`
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 7327

                      #460
                      Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

                      I switched to the news channel and the first thing I see is "Vancouver fans rampage after canucks lose"

                      vehicles being set on fire, beer bottles and shit being thrown, etc.

                      oh boy


                      (Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

                      My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

                      Comment

                      • Kraezymann
                        Forum User
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2003
                        • 1640

                        #461
                        Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

                        Well the playoffs this year sure had its ups and downs. My list:

                        Ups
                        - Chicago out in the first round
                        - Tampa Bay taking out Washington in 4 games
                        - Rinne's outstanding goaltending, even though they lost
                        - Winnipeg has a team again (hey, it happened during the playoffs, so it still counts)
                        - Kesler's "beast mode" (ty T-Force)

                        Downs
                        - THE OFFICIATING
                        - The poor performance from what should have been major stars - The Sedin twins, Ovechkin, Luongo (in the last couple games anyways)
                        - Philly not winning one game against Boston
                        - Pheonix not winning one game against Detroit (almost inevitable, but it would have been nice)

                        Anything you feel I missed? Its just my list, feel free to make your own.

                        Also, its already happened guys - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...st-game-7.html
                        Twitch | Stepping Stones 2! | Stepping Stones 3! | Stepping Stones 4!

                        Submit to this -

                        Comment

                        • Zageron
                          Zageron E. Tazaterra
                          FFR Administrator
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 6592

                          #462
                          Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

                          What I dislike... is that the actions of a few people get Vancouver bad rep. 99.9% of the Canucks fans ARE NOT RIOTING! If anyone was thinking about it, don't classify the whole city/country in with those stupid people.

                          Comment

                          • T-Force
                            Your world ends with you
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 4753

                            #463
                            Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

                            Originally posted by Kibblre
                            Eagerly awaiting Trevor's post.
                            Hahahaha, stay away from the edge of your seat. I took a few laps down South Fraser Way here in Abbotsford. There's still a fair few of us still celebrating.

                            Welp, 107 games, 8 months, 1 fantastic sport.
                            Ladies and gentlemen, it is over. The Boston Bruins are your 2010-11 Stanley Cup champions after a VERY convincing 4-0 shutout of the Vancouver Canucks, in Vancouver.
                            Very solid defensive game by the Bruins. They got to every rebound, got in front of too many shots, and caused havoc all around. I tip my hat to them for a great series and a great season.

                            Tim Thomas. 37. Lost his starting job last season and turned it around and became this: Conn Smythe winner and Stanley Cup champion.

                            And, no matter what, I still have a few bright sides with Boston. Recchi wins his 3rd Cup with his 3rd different team. Fun fact. 20 years separate 2 of his Cups. 1990-91 with Pittsburgh, 2010-11 with Boston. If any of you feel old, just think about that for a moment.

                            And Milan Lucic. Wow. Born in Vancouver. Won a Memorial Cup with the Vancouver Giants the year Vancouver hosts. Wins a Stanley Cup in Vancouver as part of Boston. There truly is no place like home.

                            And, all-in-all, I'm still happy with my boys. They had one fantastic season, and gave hope to a new generation of fans. They'll be back soon.
                            There's always next year.

                            Originally posted by Zageron
                            What I dislike... is that the actions of a few people get Vancouver bad rep. 99.9% of the Canucks fans ARE NOT RIOTING! If anyone was thinking about it, don't classify the whole city/country in with those stupid people.
                            Not to mention, $2 says that the only rioters are drunks, or bandwagoners. True fans will have appreciated their team for a fantastic year, and won't dwell too hard on this.



                            NOW THEN, to the awards.

                            Out of the 11 pickers this round, only 3 of you picked Boston. Much congratulations to VarleyisDance for winning the bonus credits by correctly guessing Boston in 7.


                            I will be sending everyone's credits out momentarily.

                            Also, a big congrats to TC_Cyrenics for being this year's top picker by going 10-5. The only person to reach double digits. I'll be whipping up a nice little something for you.



                            Well guys, it's been fun. Hope to host something like this next season.

                            Cheers.
                            Last edited by T-Force; 06-15-2011, 10:29 PM.
                            Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                            Comment

                            • MarukuAntoni
                              mmmMMMmmm
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 521

                              #464
                              Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

                              Originally posted by Zageron
                              What I dislike... is that the actions of a few people get Vancouver bad rep. 99.9% of the Canucks fans ARE NOT RIOTING! If anyone was thinking about it, don't classify the whole city/country in with those stupid people.
                              No one should ever classify a fanbase because of a troll/bandwagon fan. Common sense. You should check out the ESPN forums.
                              IF I CAN CLIMB A TREE, I CAN CLIMB MT EVEREST. IF I CAN DRIVE A CAR, I CAN PILOT A SPACE SHUTTLE. IF I CAN PEE, I CAN BE THE PRESIDENT. IF I CAN POO, I CAN RULE THE WORLD!

                              Comment

                              • T-Force
                                Your world ends with you
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 4753

                                #465
                                Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

                                How bad are they harping on us?

                                Also, the worst part of the end of the run: shaving the beard.

                                Before.


                                After.


                                Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                                Comment

                                Working...