Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MrGiggles
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2005
    • 2846

    #391
    Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

    Yeah I've never touched VB but it looks like a pretty standard language and I'm not having much difficulty understanding the code at all. You can do some neat stuff in the .ini files too, like giving the ponies different lines they can 'speak' when you mouseover. ("Fluttershy: Yay.") ("Derpy: Muffins!") etc.

    e: okay so i guess the 0 pony problem is fixed, and i added a bunch of lines to some of the ponies and fixed some pony.ini's, and I'll do other shit later since I have a prototype game due monday that kind of takes priority.
    Last edited by MrGiggles; 04-8-2011, 02:24 PM.

    Comment

    • Mechablob
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2010
      • 137

      #392
      Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

      Pic related.

      |||||

      Comment

      • MrGiggles
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2005
        • 2846

        #393
        Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

        new episode up, it's pretty good though I can't help but notice that it's pretty god damned obvious that celestia's bird is going to be a phoenix from the moment I read the episode summary.



        On the subject of the desktop ponies, I edited all the flying gifs so that ponies don't jump around when changing states (but as a consequence they can't quite reach the top of the screen because of all the extra whitespace up top), and I'll probably upload another rar with all these changes once a rarity and applejack sprite become available.

        The original coder has released up to 1.03 and he fixed everything I had fixed and then some, but more elegantly. So the only changes of mine are in the gifs and .ini's.

        Comment

        • R-Sisco
          FFR Veteran
          • Nov 2007
          • 163

          #394
          Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

          that comic makes me lol hard.

          Comment

          • tofurox
            Them arrows.
            • May 2006
            • 2263

            #395
            Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

            Originally posted by MrGiggles
            new episode up, it's pretty good though I can't help but notice that it's pretty god damned obvious that celestia's bird is going to be a phoenix from the moment I read the episode summary.



            On the subject of the desktop ponies, I edited all the flying gifs so that ponies don't jump around when changing states (but as a consequence they can't quite reach the top of the screen because of all the extra whitespace up top), and I'll probably upload another rar with all these changes once a rarity and applejack sprite become available.

            The original coder has released up to 1.03 and he fixed everything I had fixed and then some, but more elegantly. So the only changes of mine are in the gifs and .ini's.

            http://i.imgur.com/48sRm.png
            Just watched. What a great episode.

            This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.

            Comment

            • Phynx
              I'm Forever
              • Mar 2007
              • 3005

              #396
              Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

              Anyone else excited for the inevitable blu-ray collection to begin? This shit better never end. Lauren Faust better live forever cause this shit is gold. Watched every episode 3 times today now.
              Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

              Comment

              • RainbowDash
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2011
                • 152

                #397
                Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

                Originally posted by tofurox
                Just watched. What a great episode.
                seconded

                Comment

                • nuclearsamurai
                  huehuehue
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 1211

                  #398
                  Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

                  Originally posted by Phynx
                  inevitable blu-ray collection
                  what

                  Comment

                  • MrGiggles
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 2846

                    #399
                    Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

                    Desktop Pony v1.03

                    now with:

                    Applejack, Bon Bon, Derpy Hooves, Fluttershy and mini-Fluttershy, Lyra (not finished, won't load), Pinkie Pie, Princess Luna (this one is ****ing awesome props to the brony who did this seriously), Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle

                    pony.ini's can now be edited better to give certain ponies traits. Rainbow Dash will occasionally, uh, dash across the screen, Applejack will rear and charge, Derpy moonwalks sometimes and then gets confused, etc. It's pretty easy to fiddle around and make your own behaviors, I recommend trying it out. Source code included.



                    shit being worked on by various people
                    making the unicorn teleport behaviors not look weaksauce
                    lyra
                    celestia
                    vinyl scratch
                    mac version (i think there's like 3 lines of code that need to be changed before mono will compile it but I cant figure out how to get Path.DirectorySeperatorChar to work lmao)

                    Comment

                    • Velocity
                      Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Administrator
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 1821

                      #400
                      Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

                      Originally posted by MrGiggles
                      Desktop Pony v1.03
                      -SNIP-
                      I hacked the main interface to shit, so much cleaner and space saving.

                      Edit:
                      Got it pretty much done now.
                      Last edited by Velocity; 04-9-2011, 02:38 AM.

                      Comment

                      • Mechablob
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 137

                        #401
                        Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

                        Oh god, I didn't think I'd enjoy the series as much as I have done. I may download this desktop pony stuff.
                        |||||

                        Comment

                        • MrGiggles
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 2846

                          #402
                          Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

                          Shit velocity, that's baller. You should submit it to the thread the op posted it in:



                          He might work it into any future changes he has too.

                          Comment

                          • Velocity
                            Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Administrator
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 1821

                            #403
                            Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)


                            Fixed the varying size bugs.

                            When you resize it, they move around to get the most per line.



                            Edit 2:
                            Supports any size images now without breaking.


                            Edit 3:
                            Source Only:
                            Last edited by Velocity; 04-9-2011, 11:41 AM.

                            Comment

                            • RainbowDash
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 152

                              #404
                              Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

                              Comment

                              • MrGiggles
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 2846

                                #405
                                Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

                                Velo I think you unlinked the GIVE ME PONIES button and the Go_Button_Click method. I had to add an event linking them before I could make any ponies. But I gotta say this is a pretty vast improvement over scrolling through all that wasted space. Tabbing works best I think.

                                Comment

                                Working...