What do you want to be when you grow up

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sera13
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 257

    #46
    Re: RE: What do you want to be when you grow up

    Originally posted by Sol_Solis
    Originally posted by Sera13
    No Joke at all im going into Game Design and Development frigging sweet and acctually real easy to get into

    not to mention my strong points are computers, arts, and math..
    How can you be good at all of those at the same time. The brain does not work that way!
    thats what everyone says and if yoju really want to get into it i am very good in writting. I suck at spelling though. Writing and art go to gether becuase they both strive off creativity. Computers and math go together too. I am horrible in science like biology and ecology but i am good at chemestry, and i am bad at history period.

    Originally posted by Tonberry_Kid
    That was just totally pwnd by Sera. Nice.

    Comment

    • purplepopcorn
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2005
      • 602

      #47
      RE: Re: RE: What do you want to be when you grow up

      i excell at math and science, but i also am talented at language arts/writing.

      i'll just say I was exposed to math AND monty python at an early age.

      Comment

      • RSF_HAWK
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2005
        • 4

        #48
        RE: What do you want to be when you grow up

        Geez..I have no clue...I'll prob wind up in some military crap and right when the plane lands i'll think of a really good job i coulda had back in the world...or play bass or g-tar or drums proffesionally....but thing is the music i like is the almost too poor to make another record...AKA Real Punk, no green day or fall out buy, we're talkin adolescents, frantics, bad religion..ah well...i find it more important to sit around and be lazy and have fun, only working up enough money to pay for the new game systems, a pc, internet service, and...yeah..im kind of depressed becuase i just realized how little of a future i have..or a present, at that...im just typing random stuff no one will ever read...ah well!
        Hawk

        Comment

        • Arthur122368
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2005
          • 98

          #49
          RE: What do you want to be when you grow up

          I recorded someting on my guitar. I just dont know where to put it so you can here it.

          Suggestions plz.

          Comment

          • Sol_Solis
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2005
            • 661

            #50
            RE: What do you want to be when you grow up

            Host the .mp3 (if it is one) on filefront, or any other file hosting website.

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #51
              RE: What do you want to be when you grow up

              Naota: I didn't take my 1st finance course until 2nd semester soph year. And have had 1 each semester since. 1 more next semester and I'm done. Let me know when you need help with FCFFs, Valuations, Beta calculations, ROEs, even the CAPM can be confusing.

              10 bucks says you have NO IDEA what any of those are... its ok, I was fairly clueless as to what finance was exactly until I started taking courses in it. Lotta math, and fairly complex. Requires understanding of Accounting too (being able to read Financial Statements).
              RIP

              Comment

              • NightSonnett
                FFR Veteran
                • Aug 2003
                • 334

                #52
                Film Major.

                I want to be in the production aspect of the industry.
                But I also want to keep singing on the side, as well as do community theatre, or even city theatre.
                My computer hates me.

                /gquit

                Comment

                • jewpinthethird
                  (The Fat's Sabobah)
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Nov 2002
                  • 11711

                  #53
                  Alright. It's time to get serious.

                  Originally, I had my mind set on becoming an animator...but now all animation is done on the computer and I dont find that interesting.

                  Next I decided I'd try getting into the film industry. Perferably as a director of Photography. Thing is, I know nothing about Photography. All my focus throughout high school was on Art. I am solely basing this entirely off of my experience with The Gangs of New York. The entire movie I thought: "This is the worst piece of sh*t movie I have ever seen. This movie sucks so much. This Director is a genius? F*ck no. All he is doing is shaking the camera during the fighting scenes. I could make a better movie than this with a f*cking Hi-8 handheld." But I hate LA and I'd hate to live there.

                  Right now I am considering getting into writing. But what the hell do I know about writing? I mean, Id' like to get into it, but I highly doubt I could become a good enough writer to support myself financially.

                  I am also considering continuing my studies in Japanese. I'd really like to become fluent. But I have no idea what I could use that ability for. I'm sure I could find something.

                  Oh, then there is music. It's a hobby and its way to hard to get into the music business in the United States since it's all owned by 3 companies. I'd have to move to Europe...or Brazil or something. But really, going around an playing music doesnt really appeal to me.

                  I talked to Fishfish about flying to Northern Japan and then we'd hike our way down to the South, taking up odd-jobs for money and whatnot, and then we'd make our way to Tokyo. When we get to Tokyo we'd become models. I think it is a great idea. I'd then write a book about my experience making me Jack Kerouac version 2 and sparking the second coming of the beat generation.

                  Personally, I think it is a great idea. NightSonnett can join us. When we get to the big cities, we could be come Pachinko scam artists. There is a story behind this, but I dont want to write it out, so here is the reader's digest version: Female friend of mine (caucasian and busty) asks one of the workers at the pachinko parlor for help while playing. He helps. We walk away with 200 USD. I buy a really delicious sandwich.

                  Comment

                  • NightSonnett
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 334

                    #54
                    Originally posted by jewpinthethird
                    Personally, I think it is a great idea. NightSonnett can join us. When we get to the big cities, we could be come Pachinko scam artists. There is a story behind this, but I dont want to write it out, so here is the reader's digest version: Female friend of mine (caucasian and busty) asks one of the workers at the pachinko parlor for help while playing. He helps. We walk away with 200 USD. I buy a really delicious sandwich.
                    Damn right, I'm coming with you.
                    I wouldn't miss this trip for the world. ^_^

                    I just decided that all my tips that I make go toward the airfare for this trip.

                    I'm stoked.
                    My computer hates me.

                    /gquit

                    Comment

                    • GuidoHunter
                      is against custom titles
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 7371

                      #55
                      Originally posted by jewpinthethird
                      When we get to the big cities, we could be come Pachinko scam artists.
                      Would you like to play some Lucky Hit?

                      --Guido


                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                      Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                      Comment

                      • jamuko
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 1083

                        #56
                        Jewpin, with good enough Japanese skills you could try to get into the localization of games or anime/manga. I've always thought that'd be a fun job, and it'd bring your writing skills into the mix too. If you can write a really good script for translation of something, you're pretty valuable.
                        ♪~
                        Always Happy! Smile! Hello!
                        I like delicious things
                        I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
                        So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
                        There's lots of happiness in my pocket
                        So let's play forever~

                        Comment

                        • esupin
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 1756

                          #57
                          I was thinking an accountant or a pharmacist. I talked to this guy who is the Comptroller of Mass Highway Department, and he said accounting isn't just about plugging in numbers.

                          http://www.youtube.com/esupin

                          Comment

                          • iggymatrixcounter
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1924

                            #58
                            Once I turn 19, I should be joining an organization that will train me in whatever field they need me and live in their dorms (for free) and have free food. (Kinda like a Utpoian city no?)

                            19 = 3 months, which is why I didn't go to college this quarter because it would be a waste of about 2K. (after scholarships, rewards, etc)
                            lastfm
                            PANDORA

                            Comment

                            • Moogy
                              嗚呼
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 10303

                              #59
                              ...

                              I doubt such an organization exists.
                              Plz visit my blog

                              ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                              Comment

                              • talisman
                                Resident Penguin
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2003
                                • 4598

                                #60
                                Originally posted by tokzic
                                I have excellent marks (My average is about 94%, meaning the only place I couldn't get into without any effort whatsoever is Harvard)
                                you have much to learn about the college admissions process...

                                I got no clue what I'll be. Probably a professor or something. I'm not going to work in a cubicle though. Or that's my plan.

                                Comment

                                Working...