A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moogy
    嗚呼
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2003
    • 10303

    #46
    Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

    Originally posted by Musical_Master
    Heh, I read alot of books also, but I don't watch alot of movies.

    The Redwall series by Brian Jacques are my favorite books. Although, everyone who hasn't read them has said they are stupid because they are about animals.

    I mean, the newest book is about a cannible wolverine warlord. What is cooler than an EVIL CANNIBLE WOLVERINE WARLORD?
    Redwall books are alright until you realize that every single of them is the exact same thing.

    I mean, seriously, they're all exactly the goddamn same.

    Oh well. They're fun, if nothing else.
    Plz visit my blog

    ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

    Comment

    • babybenji2004
      Banned
      • Jan 2004
      • 446

      #47
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

      woah that milk thing is a little disturbing.

      Comment

      • Squeek
        let it snow~
        • Jan 2004
        • 14444

        #48
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

        LD: Hope you don't mind me posting my thoughts on our conversations. I didn't actually save the conversation, so here' just a recreation.

        LD - If it gets implemented, it will be one added forum called "media" to encompass all of the necessities.
        Squeek - That's so stupid. The whole purpose of having an anime forum was to keep it out of the rest of the site. The other three (or any more additions) are there to keep clutter out of chit chat.
        LD - I don't know. It's all up to Synth.

        Wanted to make this public. Anime must have its own forum section or it will be continuously flamed for any and all reasons. Not to say it won't be flamed in its own section, but it won't be tolerated there and will not go unnoticed.

        Besides, there are so many solely-anime topics that would FILL the media forum. As it is, people are afraid to post anime-related topics in Chit Chat because they don't want stupid people coming in and saying "lol anime sux".

        ~Squeek

        Comment

        • nickadeemus
          The spice must flow.
          • Aug 2003
          • 807

          #49
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

          I love movies, books, tv. NOT anime.
          Lost in Translation-Maybe I'm not getting something with this movie. . .but nothing happened, and it didn't even go about it in a cool way like the Royal Tenenbaums. Bill Murray was way cooler in The Life Aquatic, and actually just about any other movie he was in.

          If a movie/tv/book forum started, I would probably quintuple my posting frequency (which isn't a bad thing, right?) I just love movies and I have sure seen a large amount of them between the theater, downloading, renting, and sweet, sweet Netflix. It has been a while, but I have seen a large amount of shows on Broadway(PotO!) too, and they are pretty fun to watch.

          C'mon Movies/TV/Books forum!
          Nice.

          Comment

          • zildjian133
            FFR Player
            • May 2003
            • 1138

            #50
            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

            Everyone's scared to post Media related stuff in Chit Chat because you think some will say "WE DONT HAVE A FORUM FOR THIS, OOPS, U NOOB L0L."

            Anyways I saw this movie a month or two ago about this guy who picks up this hitch hiker and the hitch hiker tells him about these gambling moron millionaires and that the hitch hiker could take them for some much cash. So they guy gets interested and they end up going there and started out with 10 grand and the guy was kicking the millionaires' asses and then something happened and then the hitch hiker loses all the cash. The guy bets away his card on the hitch hikers hand and then calls double or nothing and of course lose. So the millionaires make them basically slaves building a wall in their courtyard and the hitch hiker tries to escape and when he does he gets beaten to death and appears back in front of the trailer in the court yard where they're building the wall. The other guy pays off a debt but the millionaires decide to keep him prisoner for stuff like food that he never paid for. So when he finally pays off the debt the guy who watched to make sure they did their job(didn't mention him yet) asks him to go out for a drink for a celebration. So the guy asks him to let him drive his car back and he like floors it and flips the car and shit and kills the other two guys and then he hitch hikes.... Sorry for the mental retardation in the text its only 2 am.

            Comment

            • babybenji2004
              Banned
              • Jan 2004
              • 446

              #51
              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

              Anime must have its own forum section
              seconded. An anime forum would be nice

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #52
                Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Foru

                Originally posted by djshox
                What about music? It's media as well.
                Music has it's own forum already.

                Comment

                • suigin
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 2

                  #53
                  RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

                  I really like POTC and The LOTR movies.

                  Comment

                  • Squeek
                    let it snow~
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 14444

                    #54
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime

                    Music has TWO forums already. You could break them into "submissions" and "chatter", since you can't just TALK about music.

                    I don't support the "post the song you're listening to" thread, however.

                    ~Squeek

                    Comment

                    • Musical_Master
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 1788

                      #55
                      Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

                      Originally posted by Moogy
                      Originally posted by Musical_Master
                      Heh, I read alot of books also, but I don't watch alot of movies.

                      The Redwall series by Brian Jacques are my favorite books. Although, everyone who hasn't read them has said they are stupid because they are about animals.

                      I mean, the newest book is about a cannible wolverine warlord. What is cooler than an EVIL CANNIBLE WOLVERINE WARLORD?
                      Redwall books are alright until you realize that every single of them is the exact same thing.

                      I mean, seriously, they're all exactly the goddamn same.

                      Oh well. They're fun, if nothing else.
                      Yeah, but if you like the plot in one, you like the plot in all of them, which is cool.

                      I agree, though, they are all basically the same. A horde of vermin attacks Salamandastron/Redwall and Salamandastron/Redwall travels over to help. While they are doing that they meet with the Guosim, and when they get their they have a big war.

                      Comment

                      • phantom21
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 1

                        #56
                        the only good anime is last exile

                        Comment

                        • zajac
                          aka uAnimals
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 4050

                          #57
                          RE: Re: A Push for a Movie/TV/Anime Forum

                          How could you have forgotten Half-Baked?

                          (Note to everyone... I am one of the few people that is NOT a pothead, but thoroughly enjoy the movie and own the DVD)
                          Originally posted by Spec & Aperson
                          We Rate You: Cool Motherfucer. 9/10

                          Comment

                          • Omeganitros
                            auauauau
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 8897

                            #58
                            Originally posted by phantom21
                            the only good anime is last exile
                            GG phantom21. That is the most effective flamebait anyone has ever pulled on me.

                            Comment

                            • zildjian133
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2003
                              • 1138

                              #59
                              Even though he insulted probably everyone here, try to control flames that desperately need to be said. Anyways Half-Baked isn't really one of the best movies I've ever seen, funny yeah. Other than that... Not too great...

                              Comment

                              • zajac
                                aka uAnimals
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 4050

                                #60
                                NO! IT'S THE BEST! ~cries to self~
                                Originally posted by Spec & Aperson
                                We Rate You: Cool Motherfucer. 9/10

                                Comment

                                Working...