Re: What laptop/desktop brand(s) do you currently use?
Asus Laptop for generic searching at the school and playing the stepmans.
Built desktop which cost around... Meh I dont remember
i7 3770k
Radeon HD 7870
8GB of ram
(some gigabyte motherboard that I don't really care to go over)
Samsung 840pro SSD
some Hitachi 1TB HDD
and some cooler master HAF case 322 I think or something of the sort.
Oh and recently got an Asus 144hz monitor. Very well worth the purchase
Re: What laptop/desktop brand(s) do you currently use?
you haven't seen the benq 120hz monitor have you? i envision the difference between 120 and 144 being negligible, so i thought i would ask in the chance you may have.
Re: What laptop/desktop brand(s) do you currently use?
Right now I have an Acer desktop, and Windows XP. I bought the Acer last year, and bought it mainly for the more storage space (1TB) for my music and for some games that needed more memory but I don't do much PC gaming other than a few games so it's not top notch or anything. I still use my XP sometimes for older games like Rollercoaster Tycoon 1+2.
Re: What laptop/desktop brand(s) do you currently use?
The first computer that I could call my own was an old refurbished HP Pavilion. P4, 512 ram, GeForce 6200, WinXP. Got it as a hand-me-down when I was 12, but it was only a year old at the time so that was a damn good hand-me-down.
I used that until I was 16 when I got a ZT Affinity desktop from Costco for $400 using some birthday money and some savings. Screaming deal for a desktop with a fast QX9650 quad core, 4gb ram, Nvidia 8400GS, and Windows Vista. Having a quad core was a big deal in '08 so that made me the cool kid on the block, so to speak.
Unfortunately, two years later, at the age of 18, I was toying around with it, not knowing exactly what I was doing, and I destroyed the motherboard and processor. After crying profusely over the death of my beloved Intel QX9650, I salvaged the usable parts, bought some others on Newegg, along with a slower Q8300 quad-core because I was on a very limited budget, got a sweet case with green LEDs from a friend, and put it all together, and that's the desktop I've been using for the past 3 years.
Oh and when I was 19 I got some crummy Dell laptop from my grandpa for free to use for college. It's from 2006, runs Vista, and sucks like hell but it works.
edit: oh and the monitor I use is a 24" 1080p Vizio television. I got a TV so I could hook my PS2 up to it as well.
Re: What laptop/desktop brand(s) do you currently use?
Originally posted by DragonIIDX
Right now I have an Acer desktop, and Windows XP. I bought the Acer last year, and bought it mainly for the more storage space (1TB) for my music and for some games that needed more memory but I don't do much PC gaming other than a few games so it's not top notch or anything. I still use my XP sometimes for older games like Rollercoaster Tycoon 1+2.
roller coaster tycoon is the shit
wouldn't it be dope af if they made rct4 with online play
Re: What laptop/desktop brand(s) do you currently use?
Originally posted by Jonlovesddr
roller coaster tycoon is the shit
wouldn't it be dope af if they made rct4 with online play
An online version of the game would be cool, and could have multiplayer scenarios where players work together, or could see each others parks, or could exchange parks in sandbox mode or something along those lines.
Originally posted by rCaliberGX
Preferably in 2D isometric. RCT3 was shit.
It's nice to see other people still into the older ones. I didn't really care for 3 also, but I thought the 1st person view on the rides was cool. I haven't played the 3DS game either, so I don't know how that one is. In this day and age though, having another 2D isometric RTC game would be very unlikely...
Originally posted by Ohaider
RCT2 forever
There's some crazy shit in 3 though.
Woah... that coaster with those clouds... pretty cool.
Re: What laptop/desktop brand(s) do you currently use?
Originally posted by Fission
you haven't seen the benq 120hz monitor have you? i envision the difference between 120 and 144 being negligible, so i thought i would ask in the chance you may have.
Sorry for responding so late. ANYWHO the monitor used should be dependent on the type of card that you are using. A guy that I saw on a forum who owns both the BenQ and the asus said that if you own an Nvidia card, to use the BenQ for one of the functions nvidia has (I forgot what it was called.) If you have a radeon card the 1ms response time and better color reproduction values on the Asus would be your better bet
Comment