Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bmah
    shots FIRED
    Profile Moderator
    FFR Simfile Author
    Global Moderator
    • Oct 2003
    • 8448

    #16
    Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

    Originally posted by Netjet!
    Speaking of those last gems, I'm missing a 5-gem on the main midday garden home level rofl. I literally looked for over 25 minutes trying to find it, to no avail.
    Can't you use Sparx to have him point in the general direction of the closest gem you still need to find?

    Comment

    • Netjet!
      Sic itur ad astra
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2008
      • 4701

      #17
      Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

      Originally posted by bmah
      Can't you use Sparx to have him point in the general direction of the closest gem you still need to find?
      I think so, but forgot at the time.
      RIP Steve Van Ness <3

      Comment

      • xXOpkillerXx
        ✘ Forever OP✘
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2008
        • 4207

        #18
        Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

        This game is my life. It's actually one the the games I've loved the most. I respect you. :3

        Comment

        • rushyrulz
          Digital Dancing!
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2006
          • 12985

          #19
          Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

          Someone help me defeat the gnasty gnork.


          Comment

          • Crashfan3
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2006
            • 2937

            #20
            Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

            Oh that is a GOOD ass game. I don't think I've ever 100%'d it but I've come close.
            I did however 100% Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage.

            Comment

            • XCV
              has nice tits
              • Nov 2008
              • 744

              #21
              Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

              The original's the best, hands down, no contest.

              But it's still good to see the series get some love. gl~

              Comment

              • smartdude1212
                2 is poo
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2005
                • 6687

                #22
                Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                Holy shitface I've 100%'d this game at least 4 times in my life. It's easily my favourite of the original Spyro games. Spyro and Crash Bandicoot fostered the collection whore in me and it's only partially regrettable.

                Makes me want to 100% it alongside you.

                Edit: I keep seeing comments about the original being the best. Though probably true, I do enjoy being able to use different characters (the Sparx levels are so damn fun). The levels are also generally more enjoyable, with one of my favourites being the one in the 4th world where you answer a few riddles. Completely forget the name of the level right now and it's going to bother me until I figure it out.

                For the final bonus level, Spyro 1 probably takes the cake though. It's ****ing awesome when you enter that final room and get a zillion beautiful pink gems.

                Want to mention that Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, though still a decent game and more enjoyable than the ones that came after Insomniac left, is definitely the worst of the trilogy. It feels far too short, easy, and uninspired.

                **** this, I'm downloading this game from the PSN and playing it again.

                Double edit: this game has the skateboarding levels too doesn't it...? I think that alone makes me like it that much more. It has been a while since I've actually played it.
                Last edited by smartdude1212; 01-6-2012, 06:31 PM.

                Comment

                • Plan_Bsk81127
                  snooches
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 6420

                  #23
                  Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                  Love Spyro games, I just recently replayed the first three and 100%'d them, fun stuff.

                  Comment

                  • Netjet!
                    Sic itur ad astra
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 4701

                    #24
                    Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                    Yeah it has the skateboard levels, which are fun to play

                    Here's some progress from today. In short, lolgems.





                    Oh, and if you guys didn't realize, I'm playing this on my PC with an emulator. My original 2 PS1 consoles are broken/old so I had to settle.

                    That being said, holy shit the second boss level is piss hard using a keyboard, rofl.

                    Oh, and for the gems that are missing from many of the levels, I swear to god they don't exist or something. I used a walkthrough for each one just to make sure (after I'd beaten the level with full eggs and most of the gems), and followed them to a tee, and they are still missing. It's especially unnerving when there are only 2-5 gems remaining.
                    RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                    Comment

                    • smartdude1212
                      2 is poo
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 6687

                      #25
                      Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                      Played for 90 minutes and finished the first area completely except for Sgt Byrd's one mini-area and Sparx's mini-area. I forgot how annoying some of the eggs were to get, like the water tunnel. D:

                      Comment

                      • TC_Halogen
                        Rhythm game specialist.
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 19376

                        #26
                        Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                        Originally posted by bmah
                        Finding those last gems that prevent you from completing a level 100%...man, that took a long time!

                        Watching this thread.

                        p.s. if you finish this one fast, try 1 and 2 and I'll watch your progress as well
                        At least you can hold the shoulder buttons and have Sparx tell you where to find those gems in said levels, haha.

                        The early Spyro games were great - I played them nearly as much as I played Crash Bandicoot.

                        EDIT: I think I'm going to seek out a rom for YotD for my PSP. I own all three games, so it's technically not illegal.

                        Comment

                        • Netjet!
                          Sic itur ad astra
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 4701

                          #27
                          Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                          Until you do Sparx's second level, you don't have the gem-finding ability.
                          RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                          Comment

                          • AlexDest
                            good hot
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 5309

                            #28
                            Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                            omg

                            My childhood game forever. Completed this game countless times, and is still really fun to play. I remember the Agent 9 mini-area in Fireworks Factory being super hard for me to complete when I was very little.

                            Really miss all the hype I had when I first got this game, great memories.

                            Comment

                            • supermousie
                              FFR Player
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 1074

                              #29
                              Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                              Year of the Dragon. :')
                              I spent countless hours on it, though I didn't care much for collecting errything. YotD is probably my childhood defining game.
                              Then some ****er stole it along with my PS2, 8mb card and a dozen of my other favourite games.
                              Originally posted by aperson
                              yolo

                              Comment

                              • Netjet!
                                Sic itur ad astra
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jan 2008
                                • 4701

                                #30
                                Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                                I think the ISO I have for the game is borked :/ I am missing literally at least 2 gems for a bunch of levels, including midday garden home and not even the Sparx gem finder can find them. I'm especially weary of the garden home level because there cannot be any in a sub-level. Anyone have any tips? I don't know if it's the ISO or not though.
                                RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                                Comment

                                Working...