Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Crashfan3
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 2937

    #31
    Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

    Originally posted by Netjet!
    I think the ISO I have for the game is borked :/ I am missing literally at least 2 gems for a bunch of levels, including midday garden home and not even the Sparx gem finder can find them. I'm especially weary of the garden home level because there cannot be any in a sub-level. Anyone have any tips? I don't know if it's the ISO or not though.
    It could be the ISO. I ended up screwed on Paper Mario after about the 5th star on that ROM because the emulator decided to forget that I had finished part of a quest. :/

    My brother's got my copy of Spyro 3 over at his house, along with most of my old PS1 games but I can go get it tomorrow if that helps. I think I still have my save file...
    Edit: Yep, I've still got the file. It might not be very far along though, I've replayed that game several times and I don't recall if I finished it the last time through.
    Last edited by Crashfan3; 01-7-2012, 12:35 AM.

    Comment

    • bob bob
      This Is How We Do It~
      • Oct 2006
      • 3226

      #32
      Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

      sick replay !_!

      i remember when I 100% this ages ago, (well technically it was 117% if you unclude the super bonus world) such happy days (as well as playing crash bandicoot 3 and gran turismo 2)

      You should do spyro 2 as well, in my opinion that game was harder to get 100% on
      First game lol, easy 100%
      Best AAA's: NAINAI69, Eradication, Since 1983
      Best Non AAA's: Gunkienen Tarusuigin, (1-0-1-1), Pandora (6-0-1-0) Rotary Slicers MISSFLAG
      Waiting for 2 Million members...
      5th Place: 7th Official Tournament D5


      Comment

      • Netjet!
        Sic itur ad astra
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2008
        • 4701

        #33
        Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

        Once I'm finished with this one (well at least as far as I can get with this ROM, I have an actual CD but its old and scratched) I'll go through the other 2 spyro games. :O)

        EDIT: The CD works right now, so I'll see if I can find the gems that are missing. Will update progress in a bit!
        RIP Steve Van Ness <3

        Comment

        • G.S.M
          is watching
          • Mar 2006
          • 1072

          #34
          Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

          Somehow I posted in the wrong topic (doesn't help that i am tired as shit)

          lol

          I still have the first spyro though gotta replay that someday
          Last edited by G.S.M; 01-7-2012, 04:41 PM.
          "Someone once said, 'Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgments'."

          Comment

          • Netjet!
            Sic itur ad astra
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2008
            • 4701

            #35
            Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

            Turns out that I had a paradox copy of Spyro and gems were missing on purpose <_> I'm replaying the game now with a normal copy. I'll update my progress in a few days!
            RIP Steve Van Ness <3

            Comment

            • Netjet!
              Sic itur ad astra
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jan 2008
              • 4701

              #36
              Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

              School's eating into my time this week, unfortunately. I will try my hardest to have some updates out soon. I had to restart from the beginning with my legit copy haha.

              On the cracked version I got to midnight mountain and was about to fight the sorceress for the first time as well.
              RIP Steve Van Ness <3

              Comment

              • bmah
                shots FIRED
                Profile Moderator
                FFR Simfile Author
                Global Moderator
                • Oct 2003
                • 8448

                #37
                Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                Well it's good that you actually were able to find your legit copy of the game haha.

                Comment

                • Netjet!
                  Sic itur ad astra
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 4701

                  #38
                  Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                  Progress via my legit copy, lol.

                  Started on January 9th:









                  Gettin' there.
                  RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                  Comment

                  • Ghakimx
                    Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 1594

                    #39
                    Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                    Well worth the time spent.

                    sup bmah

                    I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.


                    Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.

                    Comment

                    • Netjet!
                      Sic itur ad astra
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 4701

                      #40
                      Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                      Some more progress. Finished all main quests for Evening Lake world levels and battled scorch (got it on the second try, damn keyboard). Unlocked the Sorceress' Lair already.










                      For Evening Lake, the only eggs I need for Frozen Altars are the Yeti Boxing ones (which I actually got, but forgot to save lol) and the Cat Witch madness one with Sgt. Byrd (I hate that so I'll leave it for now. I always lose on the last level with the blue goo floor).

                      I should be done by the end of the week. I'm aiming for a 117% complete game.
                      RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                      Comment

                      • RagedBerserker
                        Hello Kitty
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 1296

                        #41
                        Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                        Absolutely the best games I've played on the psx, along with the crash games. Each winter break I try to 100% at least one of them. The easiest is Spyro 2 for sure, I've 100% it about 10 times. The first game was tough on just one level, but easily the best of the three. The one level is Tree Tops I believe? Theres an off-distance island that you have to get to by supercharging through like 6 different ramps around the level in one fluid sweep. That was easily the most difficult part of the game I encountered. The third game was definitely the most in-depth, and easily takes the longest to 100%. ****, now I want to play YotD.

                        I'm just an old boy now

                        Comment

                        • Netjet!
                          Sic itur ad astra
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 4701

                          #42
                          Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                          I almost won the first battle with the sorceress but ****ed it up on my saucer 100%'d Agent 9's level, and starting others. I'll post progress again soon.
                          RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                          Comment

                          • ghost-
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 787

                            #43
                            Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                            nostalgia.......;__;

                            Comment

                            • Netjet!
                              Sic itur ad astra
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 4701

                              #44
                              Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                              Sorry guys, no longer able to play the game / interest lost lmao. Still, the nostalgia was fun while it lasted! :3
                              RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                              Comment

                              • bmah
                                shots FIRED
                                Profile Moderator
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                Global Moderator
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 8448

                                #45
                                Re: Replaying Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

                                lol, that was quick

                                any of the other Spyro games you're going to play? I was hoping you'd do #1

                                Comment

                                Working...