TWG XXV - Macho Man (Game OVA)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • QreepyBORIS
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2003
    • 7454

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

    Afro, in defense of Tass, he never seems to go very far out of his way to do anything. He's a smooth operator. Most of the time, people can't tell he's a wolf, so I don't think he'd make it what you consider to be glaringly obvious on the veryfirst post.

    Also, I think you just want to vote Tass too much. :P

    Signature subject to change.

    THE ZERRRRRG.

    Comment

    • Neonatrias
      MAЯISA
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2004
      • 919

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

      Originally posted by Tasselfoot
      [21:24] TasselFoot: oh (#$%
      [21:24] TasselFoot: is it up?
      [21:24] TasselFoot: oh $*%#
      [21:24] TasselFoot: you're dead
      [21:24] TasselFoot: you and talisman
      Maybe I just haven't played enough TWG with Tass, but personally, this part looks a little too forced to me.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #18
        RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

        Neon... that was me re-loading the main page, seeing Talisman had a post, realizing that likely that meant the game was updated. Then me clicking on it and reading the thread and being upset that TPS and Talisman were dead.


        And, perhaps you're right Afro. Maybe I am thinking a few levels below what you are. Cause I'm looking at the obvious, which... I don't know... seems OBVIOUS to me.
        RIP

        Comment

        • mead1
          Cerebellumberjack
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2003
          • 3960

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

          Just off of first impressions, my suspicions lie on Neo. I'd like him to explain what he meant by "a little too forced", because I really can't see anything wrong with that section. He also completely ignored everything else in the thread.

          Afro, shut up about Tass already. You don't like him, we get it. Please don't continue to let that cloud your judgement TWG-wise. Seriously, all this Tass vs. Afro stuff is cluttering up the thread and doesn't help anyone. What you need to realize is that when human, Tass is a great player, and in this game, based on statistics alone, the odds are thoroughly against him being a wolf. I'm not saying he's definately a human, we can't say that about anyone. All I'm saying is that you all should lay off him until you actually have something on him.

          LD, wtf. Just wtf. If you're going to do your normal idiotic day 1 random voting, go ahead, But making a semi-serious vote based on little to no evidence withing the first hour of TWG is far more useless.

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #20
            RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

            also... (this is not where the convo started. I cut off the 1st 4 or 5 lines):


            afrobean16: and I'm just joking for now
            TasselFoot: you should know better than joking around with votes in TWG, especially with me. for the past 3-4 games, you doing that day 1 makes me want to get a huge support group together and get you lynched. that is how annoying it is.
            afrobean16: haha
            afrobean16: but if you are the wolf
            afrobean16: then what I'm doing is noble
            TasselFoot: ok. 8.25% chance.
            TasselFoot: awesome odds.
            afrobean16: well
            afrobean16: it's not really random
            TasselFoot: no. its intentional. i could have not posted at all, and you'd have voted me for not posting.
            afrobean16: no
            afrobean16: I'd have voted you for every reason but the convo one
            TasselFoot: that makes no sense
            afrobean16: sure it does
            afrobean16: attacking you with minimal reasoning makes lots of sense
            afrobean16: since no one else will do it
            TasselFoot: still not seeing it.
            TasselFoot: all i see it doing is pissing me off and making me pissed at you
            TasselFoot: it also distracts me from focusing on more important things than you
            afrobean16: like... deciding who to kill next/
            TasselFoot: like trying to figure out who the wolf is
            afrobean16: look in the mirror lol
            TasselFoot: stop being an immature little kid for about 3 seconds, please.


            does any part of that seem to contradict a bit with his statements here in the thread? In addition, the admittance of voting for stupid reasoning, and the fact that he says he'd vote me for every reason but the convo w/ TPS, yet he voted for me because of the convo w/ TPS. Contradiction.

            I'd appreciate it, as mead said, if every day 1 did not solely focus on Afro vs Tass, because (again, as mead said) it is extremely distracting, ESPECIALLY in a game like this. We are trying to find 1 person people. And not everyone has commented yet. I would have liked Kilga to have promoted activity more, like I did in twg9... our wolf here could merely say practically nothing for the 1st 2 days, and coast.
            RIP

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

              You guys are funny.

              If Tass is the wolf, you're giving him a free ride. Do you realize that?

              It's like "OH TASS IS SO HELPFUL AS HUMAN" (we can easily win without him, by the way) and "WE CAN"T KILL HIM EVER UNLESS HE SAYS 'i am wolf lol'" You guys need to get your head out of your asses and realize that Tass is no better at this game than most of you. He is not going to singlehandedly win the game for us. Him being lynched in the way that EVERYONE ELSE IS (minimal evidence, or none at all) wouldn't hurt us. Making higher tier players automatically immune unless they do something stupid makes the game so easy for them as wolves.

              Also: Tass's convos he's posted so far seem very off (with the exception of the one with me... doesn't seem indicitive of role... by the way, the lines he left out at the beginning were him yelling obscenities at me in largest size font possible). Posting convos like that is colinear to pulling a eod from jTWG and saying "i'm human." It's totally useless to your humanity since wolves act human (and often, more human than real humans).

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

                Oh, and by the way:
                does any part of that seem to contradict a bit with his statements here in the thread? In addition, the admittance of voting for stupid reasoning, and the fact that he says he'd vote me for every reason but the convo w/ TPS, yet he voted for me because of the convo w/ TPS. Contradiction.
                I listed three reasons for voting you (tps convo, your ideal position as a wolf this game, the fact that few people recognize Tps as a good player), if I recall correctly. The Tps convo was one of them. One less than three is two. Two reasons seems like a more well justified vote than if I'd posted "WTF is up with that convo?"

                Comment

                • mead1
                  Cerebellumberjack
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 3960

                  #23
                  Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  You guys are funny.

                  If Tass is the wolf, you're giving him a free ride. Do you realize that?

                  It's like "OH TASS IS SO HELPFUL AS HUMAN" (we can easily win without him, by the way) and "WE CAN"T KILL HIM EVER UNLESS HE SAYS 'i am wolf lol'" You guys need to get your head out of your asses and realize that Tass is no better at this game than most of you. He is not going to singlehandedly win the game for us. Him being lynched in the way that EVERYONE ELSE IS (minimal evidence, or none at all) wouldn't hurt us. Making higher tier players automatically immune unless they do something stupid makes the game so easy for them as wolves.
                  You're missing the point. If you were doing the same thing to me, or nick, or any other player, people would still be up in your face. At this point it seems like less of a rational vote and more of a personal vendetta. No one is saying Tass is definately human, but no one is going to listen to you say "tass is a wp;f cuz I said so"

                  The reasoning you list in your last post is complete bullshit. You list "The TPS convo", but you don't say anything about why it is condemning evidence as to why he's a wolf. Now, him being an ideal candidate as a wolf isn't valid reasoning either. There's only a 50% chance kilga picked the wolf by hand, and far less that he actually picked Tass. There is exactley the same factual probability that you are thew wolf. Recognizing TPS as a good player is the closest you came to a valid point, but the problem being that the discussion of his being good was in a public thread. One that anyone in the TWG usergroup could have viewed. Anyone who keeps up with TWG with fair regularity has heard Tass' praises for him. It was a good wolf kill from where I'm sitting, Killing a good player, and putting suspicion on Tass.

                  Comment

                  • QreepyBORIS
                    FFR Player
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 7454

                    #24
                    RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

                    Dude, no-one's letting anyone else have a free ride. Tass, whether he is a wolf or not, will live another little while at the least. But then if he ever does anything else out of the ordinary, what would make you think that he would remain unaccused? You're goofy.

                    Also, the whole "joke voting" thing is a little bit stupid. No, make that very stupid. I can't even imagine what you were thinking. Maybe I did not read it thoroughly enough (after all, I am in comp sci right now [pass by reference woo-hoo]), but I think that you're being irrational. It would be tempting to place a vote on you, even considering how early in the day it is.

                    Signature subject to change.

                    THE ZERRRRRG.

                    Comment

                    • Neonatrias
                      MAЯISA
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 919

                      #25
                      Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

                      Originally posted by mead1
                      Just off of first impressions, my suspicions lie on Neo. I'd like him to explain what he meant by "a little too forced", because I really can't see anything wrong with that section. He also completely ignored everything else in the thread.
                      I haven't ignored anything; I'm still falling into the groove of this game again. I don't know how Tass acts normally, but there was something about the string of expletives towards the end of that conversation that seemed to cause a complete 180 of his attitude.

                      It's just a hunch, I'm not going to start whipping votes around without more solid ideas.

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #26
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

                        Ok, this is more like it.

                        Thing about Tps is: if he wasn't wolfed, he would certainly be lynched. He never survives. Wolfing Tps rather than allowing him to be lynched would be a terrible idea simply to attempt to frame someone. And yes, Tass did praise Tps in the public forum, but even with Tass's praise of him, I doubt that would be enough to sway everyone else who thinks Tps is a retard who can't play the game for shit.

                        Possibilities for how Tps was wolfed:
                        1. Tass/someone else knew how good of a player Tps is. The list of people who think Tps is worth lwolfing is relatively low. People on that list: Tass, myself, probably Talisman, I dunno maybe someone else.
                        2. frame job by someone who doesn't think Tps is worth wolfing. Highly unlikely, since he would almost definitely be lynched.


                        I suppose maybe I'm giving the wolf more credit than he deserves though. Maybe he isn't very familiar with the current players, and simply looked back at last game and noticed that Tps had been wolfed and that Tps has contributed greatly to the victory last game. I think the only person who fits under this is Kefit (who would also make sense to me if the wolf was handchosen, given Kilga and Kefit's friendship or whatever).

                        And yes, there is just about as much evidence against me as against Tass. Difference is: Tass is given a free pass for minor things. People would jump down my throat for little shit (like that conversation that Tass posted... If I'd done something comperable to that, I'd definitely be lynched that day).

                        PS my joking with Tass was intentional. I wanted to get him riled up. He's more liable to make mistakes if he's mad. And honestly, his being so mad about having two votes on him seems more likely that he's red. In this game, the wolf loses if he dies, but if a human dies, they can still win.

                        Comment

                        • lightdarkness
                          Summer!!
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 11310

                          #27
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

                          The reason I called Tass out on that is because it looks TOO planned. If Tass were our wolf, he'd know he was killing TPS and it would be very convient to have that convo.

                          Besides, I have to attack Tass, he's the #1 most likely wolf.

                          Comment

                          • Omeganitros
                            auauauau
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 8897

                            #28
                            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

                            Woah, ld, ld. First off, too planned? I didn't get and sense of that. I thought he was just posting an interesting coincidence. (Yeah, I like to take things at face value.) It's possible he faked it, but why? Why would he go through the trouble of making himself look human on the first post of the game?

                            Second, why is Tass the #1 most likely wolf? I'd REALLY like to know why.

                            I vote you because I think you're being a jerk.



                            Afrobean: Tass get a free ticket ride because he's useful. If you want him dead, fine, but dude, not on Day 1. It's Day 1, for chrissakes.

                            Neonatrias: You said it yourself, you don't really know how Tass acts normally. Why don't you have a convo with him on AIM and find out?

                            Comment

                            • Omeganitros
                              auauauau
                              • Jun 2003
                              • 8897

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

                              P.S. Where's blahblah18?

                              Comment

                              • Tasselfoot
                                Retired BOSS
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 25185

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXV - Macho Man

                                Afro, I get riled up when I get votes in any game... 1 vote, 2 votes, doesn't matter. As a wolf or a human. Look at the past 5 games where you attacked me and how I reacted. Each game is pretty much the same. Last game I pretty much ignored it since I knew Talisman wasn't going to get me lynched, so I didn't care.

                                LD... as I said, the convo with TPS was purely coincidental. Neon... the profanity was, as I already explained, first joy at the topic being opened and then second at the irony of TPS being wolfed.

                                I have said before TPS is a very skilled TWGer, and I think he is. At the same time, I think that none of you give him any credit and always lynch him. As I said in one of the convos I posted above, I would never wolf TPS, especially night 1, because he is going to do something to get himself wolfed, guarenteed. Plus, I can easily fool him in AIM convos (<3 TPS), so that wouldn't be something to worry about either.

                                Wait... why am I the most likely wolf LD? There were 14 players, I believe my odds were somewhere around 7%, just like everyone else's. And, AS I SAID ABOVE (why do I feel like I'm repeating myself here?), Kilga and I do not exactly get along on alot of things... and as such, even if Kilga HAD handpicked the wolf, it almost certainly wouldn't be me for that reason. And, I, nor anyone else, have any idea HOW Kilga picked the wolf, therefore we have to assume it was random and strategize accordingly.

                                What IS good about Afro always attacking me is that I haven't been wolfed early in any of the recent games because of the suspicion. So I'll thank him for that. What I don't like is that it is distracting. And the fact that it seriously has become a head-first personal vendetta, pulling complete nonsense reasoning out his ass EVERY game. As I said in our convo, I wouldn't have been surprised if he voted me for not posting, should I have not posted. Frankly, Afro's skewed logic and thought processes these past few games have been more detrimental than those people who are inactive, IMO... and should he continue with this logic-with-blinders-on pattern, he will do nothing to be helpful this entire game.

                                PS - I never get a free ride... I just don't fuck up and I'm smart. I'm helpful. I'M BETTER THAN YOU AT THIS GAME.
                                PPS - This will probably only piss Afro off even more... which makes me smile.
                                RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...