TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #61
    Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    Lynch strong players for being strong players regardless of all else if theyre still alive after half of the players are dead
    I hate to say this, but it's really the only conclusion I'm getting at myself right now.

    I'm just hoping someone good can convince me to find another way to deal with stronger players while having poor content delivery, but decent intent reading.

    According to me, I should fear kill like thesunfan, Charu, YoshL, Gradiant, roundbox etc. every single game and play with the rest.

    That sounds really stupid and unfun to do for everyone.

    I'm having a lot of problems with how to interpret "wolfy lean" from "weaker contents" and there's so many holes with how I play and things that I wonder about that I feel like I could ramble forever about it.

    Thanks for the feedback regardless, it's appreciated. @ ShadoWolfe
    Last edited by Hakulyte; 09-19-2016, 08:50 PM.

    Comment

    • AragakiAyase
      Waifus
      • Apr 2015
      • 961

      #62
      Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

      Originally posted by thesunfan
      Lynch strong players for being strong players regardless of all else if theyre still alive after half of the players are dead
      this is 5/7 tier

      pikakirby123 reincarnated





      Comment

      • Charu
        Snivy! Dohoho!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 6207

        #63
        Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

        ...Fear killing is a completely different thing. That's a wolf strat to do if all wolves are afraid of a strong player.

        Done that some times, *winks at thesunfan conspicuously*


        Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
        Charu the red-nosed Snivy
        Had a very shiny nose
        And if you ever saw it
        You could even say it glows

        All of the other Snivies
        Used to laugh and call him names
        They never let poor Charu
        Join in any Snivy games

        (Click the arrow to see the rest)


        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

        Comment

        • YoshL
          Celestial Harbor
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Aug 2008
          • 6156

          #64
          Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          I hate to say this, but it's really the only conclusion I'm getting at myself right now.

          I'm just hoping someone good can convince me to find another way to deal with stronger players while having poor content delivery, but decent intent reading.

          According to me, I should fear kill like thesunfan, Charu, YoshL, Gradiant, roundbox etc. every single game and play with the rest.

          That sounds really stupid and unfun to do for everyone.

          I'm having a lot of problems with how to interpret "wolfy lean" from "weaker contents" and there's so many holes with how I play and things that I wonder about that I feel like I could ramble forever about it.

          Thanks for the feedback regardless, it's appreciated.
          or just stop complaining and get good


          Originally posted by Charu
          Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

          Comment

          • ShadoWolfe
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2009
            • 171

            #65
            Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

            Originally posted by AragakiAyase
            this is 5/7 tier
            I love you, but I can't agree with the perfect score you're giving the halfway theory. It's really shitty.





            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
            Originally posted by YoshL
            "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

            Comment

            • Hakulyte
              aka Haku
              • Jul 2005
              • 4697

              #66
              Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

              Originally posted by YoshL
              or just stop complaining and get good
              I'm trying to learn how to play this game.

              Comment

              • YoshL
                Celestial Harbor
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Aug 2008
                • 6156

                #67
                Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

                not like you had like half a year to watch and learn wheeeeeeee


                what i'm saying is that the lynch strong players is dumb because it's akin to saying "these people are better than me, so i don't want to deal with my ineptness so i'd rather just be mad cuz bad"


                Originally posted by Charu
                Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                Comment

                • ShadoWolfe
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 171

                  #68
                  Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

                  Originally posted by Hakulyte
                  I'm having a lot of problems with how to interpret "wolfy lean" from "weaker contents" and there's so many holes with how I play and things that I wonder about that I feel like I could ramble forever about it.

                  Thanks for the feedback regardless, it's appreciated. @ ShadoWolfe
                  No problem. If that all still seems complicated then I guess my best suggestion would just be to Lynch All Liars. Look for contradictions in a player's posts when you're analyzing them. Chances are, if they're a wolf, they slipped up somewhere and you can grill them about it. Town players will usually feel a lot more genuinely than wolves. If you can't spot any contradictions and you aren't getting any bad vibes from the player and they seem genuine, go ahead and put them in your town pile until you have more info. When asked for reads, share them. If you have a bad gut feeling about someone, GRILL THEM. Being genuine is good for town. Don't hide reads because you're not sure of them. Share them, and be open to letting them change with new info. Honestly, I thought you played really well in that last phase until you started telling DBP to pick your target for you. The only thing I'd like to see more from you is to be more confident in your reads and in your plays. Get out there and kick some wolf ass.





                  Originally posted by Hakulyte
                  I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                  Originally posted by YoshL
                  "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                  Originally posted by mellon_collie
                  "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #69
                    Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

                    Also, shadow, wanna ask, but what made you think I was a wolf D1 or whatever?


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • ShadoWolfe
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 171

                      #70
                      Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

                      Originally posted by Charu
                      Also, shadow, wanna ask, but what made you think I was a wolf D1 or whatever?
                      There were three parts to it before it really clicked, but I kind of really don't want to share, in the hopes that the meta stays true. I know, it's lame of me to do that to ya, but when it clicked I was like "ohhhhhh" cause I think I finally grasped something about the way you play. I'm legitimately worried that if I share now, it'll be lost forever. Sorry Charu, take my reluctance to share as a complement, but you're good enough to make me feel like I need whatever I can get in reading you, because before now I've always read you wrong or had you as a giant question mark.





                      Originally posted by Hakulyte
                      I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                      Originally posted by YoshL
                      "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                      Originally posted by mellon_collie
                      "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                      Comment

                      • Hakulyte
                        aka Haku
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 4697

                        #71
                        Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

                        fmpov for Day 1:

                        Your facepalm posts were weird.

                        - It's like you're giving hints that you care about my actions.

                        Your interaction with MML/cedo about OOTC was doubtful. The "Oh if you're going that route" part to be accurate.

                        - It's giving away that you're getting tilted. You should have said something more neutral. You were right mechanically speaking, but I think you were slightly "out of character" here.

                        You telling me to not vote thesunfan was bad. (It's good if we have like 1 hour left or more, but not at like 5min from EoD)

                        - You should have let me continue and distance yourself from what I decided to vote.

                        I ended up not voting because of it and that hurt my game a lot.

                        I also hated how you used "We're" instead of "you" in EoD.

                        It's nothing game ruining, but it's like opening up the door.

                        ..but that's probably just me caring too much about tone.
                        Last edited by Hakulyte; 09-19-2016, 09:54 PM.

                        Comment

                        • ShadoWolfe
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 171

                          #72
                          Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

                          Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                          There were three parts to it before it really clicked, but I kind of really don't want to share, in the hopes that the meta stays true. I know, it's lame of me to do that to ya, but when it clicked I was like "ohhhhhh" cause I think I finally grasped something about the way you play. I'm legitimately worried that if I share now, it'll be lost forever. Sorry Charu, take my reluctance to share as a complement, but you're good enough to make me feel like I need whatever I can get in reading you, because before now I've always read you wrong or had you as a giant question mark.
                          I know we're typically supposed to be sharing that sort of stuff outside of games to further improve each other's games, but I don't even know if the tell is real or not yet and you're already a scary enough wolf. That cool with you for now, fren?





                          Originally posted by Hakulyte
                          I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                          Comment

                          • YoshL
                            Celestial Harbor
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 6156

                            #73
                            Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

                            haku, you're currently blaming your bad play on charu.




                            stop complaining and get good


                            Originally posted by Charu
                            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #74
                              Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

                              I'm cool with that, shado


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • Charu
                                Snivy! Dohoho!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 6207

                                #75
                                Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

                                PS, in a less condescending tone to YoshL's post.

                                ...All you had to do in any of those instances was play off of it and act naturally. I was only doing that because your actions were weird, cooky, and even downright bad. If I were human you bet you fluffy lil' butt I would have the same reactions.

                                and also smack my head on a concrete wall (kidding!) but dats besides the point.
                                Last edited by Charu; 09-19-2016, 10:06 PM.


                                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                                Had a very shiny nose
                                And if you ever saw it
                                You could even say it glows

                                All of the other Snivies
                                Used to laugh and call him names
                                They never let poor Charu
                                Join in any Snivy games

                                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                                Comment

                                Working...