"The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xozel
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    oh shit old files oh god
    tbh i'd be down to be a mirror as well but my site might be down for some time until i renew so

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Dude that's awesome that you're willing to go through all the trouble

    Leave a comment:


  • lurker
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    oh shit what

    Leave a comment:


  • Wayward Vagabond
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    This is super sweet

    Leave a comment:


  • blindreper1179
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    This is so exciting!

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Originally posted by foxfire667
    I hope I do, I've went out of my way to download from everywhere on multiple occasions and have spent years trying to track as much down as I can. You are quite close, I have everything saved locally too and it's around 411GB on disk.

    Post when you've got the torrent link up, I'll start grabbing from it as soon as I can!
    Will do. Unfortunately, it won't be until next weekend. I'm oncall this weekend and we've got major upgrades starting on Monday. I'll definitely keep everyone updated though as soon as I have new info!

    Leave a comment:


  • foxfire667
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Originally posted by Shuey
    If my calculations are correct, it looks like you currently have about 413GB worth of simfiles hosted on your site! O_o... Looks like YOU probably have the biggest collection now
    I hope I do, I've went out of my way to download from everywhere on multiple occasions and have spent years trying to track as much down as I can. You are quite close, I have everything saved locally too and it's around 411GB on disk.

    Post when you've got the torrent link up, I'll start grabbing from it as soon as I can!

    Leave a comment:


  • contrapatior
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    I've wget'd the entirety of stepmaniaonline before and it was around 400gb, yeah
    I should do that again

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Originally posted by foxfire667
    Since you've been away, I archive packs of files, lots of them.
    If my calculations are correct, it looks like you currently have about 413GB worth of simfiles hosted on your site! O_o... Looks like YOU probably have the biggest collection now

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Originally posted by foxfire667
    I've had bad experiences with downloading packs from torrents speed wise, but I'll be down to try again if you set it up.

    You can set up a free account over at MEGA for a cool 50GB if you want as well. All depends on how you plan to break up the files and how decent your ISP is at uploading / uptime.
    I guess we can give BT a try and see how it goes. If it ends up being way too slow, I'll look into the MEGA option. One reason I really like the idea of BT is that I won't have to mess with building packs. I really don't wanna have to mess with extra work. I spent way too much of my life in the past building the museum, lol. I'm at a point now where I just wanna at least see it find a good home .

    With my fast upload rate, I don't foresee us having any speed issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • foxfire667
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Originally posted by Shuey
    That's great to hear ff!
    I've had bad experiences with downloading packs from torrents speed wise, but I'll be down to try again if you set it up.

    You can set up a free account over at MEGA for a cool 50GB if you want as well. All depends on how you plan to break up the files and how decent your ISP is at uploading / uptime.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Originally posted by foxfire667
    Release them as packs, and I assure you I will mirror this content immediately. I would love to have all of this old content archived for all to play as soon as possible.

    Since you've been away, I archive packs of files, lots of them. I promise you they will have a home here for a very long time.
    That's great to hear ff!

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Happy to see people chiming in with interest .

    What about bit torrent as another option? I could seed on weekends (starting on Friday nights, and running all the way through until around 8am on Monday mornings). I have high speed upload at work and could do it from there (300Mbps upload speed!). I don't see any reason the entire collection couldn't be uploaded to the first batch of peers within the first weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • foxfire667
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Release them as packs, and I assure you I will mirror this content immediately. I would love to have all of this old content archived for all to play as soon as possible.

    Since you've been away, I archive packs of files, lots of them. I promise you they will have a home here for a very long time.

    Leave a comment:


  • blindreper1179
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    There's so many people interested, I know I want all of it! Appreciate the work you're about to do to spread the files.

    Leave a comment:

Working...