"The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MarioNintendo
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    So,, how is it?
    Last edited by MarioNintendo; 03-10-2017, 07:17 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • foxfire667
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Oh cool, there are posts from today! Regardless, here's an update:


    It shouldn't be long now before I have the entire collection to look over, maybe another day or two.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Weird... I sent a reply on this yesterday but I don't see it here today O_o...

    Yep, I have the Museum all queued up and ready to share to Foxfire. As soon as he has the entire thing on his end, he'll go through it all and start uploading any packs from the Museum that were missing from his collection .

    Leave a comment:


  • Reincarnate
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Curious if any updates on this

    Leave a comment:


  • foxfire667
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Originally posted by Shuey
    One last thing I regret to have to mention: I'm not going to be able to share my files this weekend. I gotta go to work today and will be working all weekend on our upgrade. I won't be able to upload until next weekend now .
    I pretty much just expect delays at this point, hence why I didn't check until today. I tell you what, when you are able to get it set up, send me a PM, or better yet ping me on Discord if you have one: Foxfire#5551

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Kind of a bummer but it's still awesome that they are on the way!

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Originally posted by tunsz555
    There's a thing called Resilio Sync (https://www.resilio.com/individuals/). You set up your storage and then other people can mirror that storage to their own computer peer to peer. Kind of like BitTorrent, if there are many person doing it will be faster. There is no cloud to store the file, so maybe P2P is better if you are concerned about copyright strike.
    I actually used Resilio when it was "BT Sync", but it was limited at the time. Hmmm... looks like the free plan with Resilio might just work out fine.

    One last thing I regret to have to mention: I'm not going to be able to share my files this weekend. I gotta go to work today and will be working all weekend on our upgrade. I won't be able to upload until next weekend now .

    Leave a comment:


  • tunsz555
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    There's a thing called Resilio Sync (https://www.resilio.com/individuals/). You set up your storage and then other people can mirror that storage to their own computer peer to peer. Kind of like BitTorrent, if there are many person doing it will be faster. There is no cloud to store the file, so maybe P2P is better if you are concerned about copyright strike.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    qqwref: Do you coordinate with foxfire667 to keep track of everything (i.e. combine your super powers, lol)?

    Leave a comment:


  • qqwref
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    This is awesome. So cool to see someone has an archive of old files! A few years ago I tried to find every pack I could, and most of the really old ones weren't around anymore. I wonder if this fills in any of the list of missing packs...

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Arch! Good to see you again after all these years (even if virtually, lol). I'm not sure if the statement I'm about to make is 100% accurate, but you're the first keyboard player I ever saw who could dominate Stepmania like no one else. How's your skills nowadays? Are you even more beast now than you were back in the day?! :-O

    Leave a comment:


  • Arch0wl
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    if bandwith ever become an issue let me know so I can donate to hosting or whatever

    Leave a comment:


  • Shuey
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Originally posted by Arntonach
    Fuck I had to look up what a .ded file was. Damn this shit's old school. Perhaps someone should make a .rar or .zip file for us youngin's?
    In my opinion, "old" is irrelevant when considering "functionality". Disk Explorer Pro is awesome, and it's free! I use it to inventory all of my external hard drives.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arntonach
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    Fuck I had to look up what a .ded file was. Damn this shit's old school. Perhaps someone should make a .rar or .zip file for us youngin's?

    Leave a comment:


  • Snapps
    replied
    Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

    I wish I had my collection to upload. I think it was 35k files or so.

    shuey to the rescue.

    Leave a comment:

Working...