Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #46
    Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

    Well while you're at it, think you can do something about Top 10 level stats?

    I mean like show Rank 1 with highest score instead of easier ones.

    Comment

    • TheRapingDragon
      A car crash mind
      • Aug 2005
      • 9788

      #47
      Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

      Originally posted by JasonKey
      Added forum post count.
      Sorry but where is this? Can't seem to find it on the main page or anything.

      Comment

      • JasonKey
        FFR Underseer
        • Jul 2003
        • 2643

        #48
        Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

        Done

        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
        any shot we can get commas between the thousands and hundreds? would look better, asthetically, for those of us with 5 digits in our postcount and games played.

        man. FFR really is my life. :-/

        Originally posted by Synthlight
        I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
        Cheers,
        Synthlight

        Comment

        • jimerax
          ★★★★★
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Nov 2003
          • 8185

          #49
          Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

          Originally posted by TheRapingDragon
          Sorry but where is this? Can't seem to find it on the main page or anything.
          It's in your profile.

          Comment

          • JasonKey
            FFR Underseer
            • Jul 2003
            • 2643

            #50
            Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

            We are looking at another way of doing the level stats, but this one stat is the hardest one on the entire site. I mean trust me, its hell.

            We will see what we can do in the near future, but seriously, this one is hard.

            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            Well while you're at it, think you can do something about Top 10 level stats?

            I mean like show Rank 1 with highest score instead of easier ones.

            Originally posted by Synthlight
            I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
            Cheers,
            Synthlight

            Comment

            • TheRapingDragon
              A car crash mind
              • Aug 2005
              • 9788

              #51
              Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

              Originally posted by jimerax
              It's in your profile.
              Oh, right, don't really care now after checking. I thought this was another list of the top 100 forum posters or something, would have been more interested in that.

              Never use my profile anyway.

              Still, can see how it would be useful for some.

              Comment

              • JasonKey
                FFR Underseer
                • Jul 2003
                • 2643

                #52
                Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

                Would folks want to see this? We could not do it realtime .. but say incremental every 15 min or so.

                Originally posted by TheRapingDragon
                Oh, right, don't really care now after checking. I thought this was another list of the top 100 forum posters or something, would have been more interested in that.

                Never use my profile anyway.

                Still, can see how it would be useful for some.

                Originally posted by Synthlight
                I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
                Cheers,
                Synthlight

                Comment

                • TheRapingDragon
                  A car crash mind
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 9788

                  #53
                  Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

                  The member list was quite popular if I remember, there was a few threads when it got turned off.

                  I for one would be interested in seeing the top posters, I used to check randomly when bored back when we had it.

                  Though of course this is all memory haha.

                  Comment

                  • JasonKey
                    FFR Underseer
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 2643

                    #54
                    Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

                    The member list as it is implemented within VB is a resource hog. We could likely come up with something a little lighter that may suit one's needs.

                    The problem would be having it real time. The member list used to show what a user was doing at any given moment. If we implemented it with a delay, that would likely diminish its value.

                    We could show the post counts and who is most likely online or something .. but showing where they are and what they are doing, would likely be painful if it were in realtime.

                    Originally posted by Synthlight
                    I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
                    Cheers,
                    Synthlight

                    Comment

                    • TheRapingDragon
                      A car crash mind
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 9788

                      #55
                      Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

                      No no, no need to make it that complicated.

                      I personally would be happy even just seeing the top 50 / 100, whatever posters on the forums. Even if it only updated hourly, or whatever was least resource-hungry.

                      Comment

                      • JasonKey
                        FFR Underseer
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 2643

                        #56
                        Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

                        I think we can come up with a solution that suits everyone.

                        Look for this shortly.

                        Originally posted by TheRapingDragon
                        No no, no need to make it that complicated.

                        I personally would be happy even just seeing the top 50 / 100, whatever posters on the forums. Even if it only updated hourly, or whatever was least resource-hungry.

                        Originally posted by Synthlight
                        I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
                        Cheers,
                        Synthlight

                        Comment

                        • UberMario
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 1777

                          #57
                          Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

                          I was thinking a while ago that if you made the top 1000 players into say... 10,000 or more. or even have the top 10,000 or whatever number hidden but in the database, you could run once every hour or 12 hours or whatever a level rank average and then have the top 1,000 list for them. And whenever they check their level rank it'll also update. Just an idea, but may become complicated. Hmm... I'll try and think of something better.
                          That's cool Mario, but how come whenever you eat mushrooms, everything gets bigger but your dick?

                          Comment

                          • TheRapingDragon
                            A car crash mind
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 9788

                            #58
                            Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

                            Originally posted by JasonKey
                            I think we can come up with a solution that suits everyone.

                            Look for this shortly.
                            <3.

                            Comment

                            • UberMario
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 1777

                              #59
                              Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

                              Jason, broken link, buddy. Uh the... Games played part. it's /FFRStats/... not /SiteStats/...
                              That's cool Mario, but how come whenever you eat mushrooms, everything gets bigger but your dick?

                              Comment

                              • JasonKey
                                FFR Underseer
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 2643

                                #60
                                Re: Anyone notice the Most Played Players sidebar on the front page?

                                ? show me the URL or where is that link?

                                Originally posted by Synthlight
                                I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
                                Cheers,
                                Synthlight

                                Comment

                                Working...