why can't we have BPM in the song info? like Dossar's engine
I'm guessing because that would require (a) slightly recoding the engine / database, and (b) a massive amount of work to actually track down the BPM's of all these files. It's doable but there are more important things that would take much less work.
Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
Best SDG: PANTS (86)
Best FC: Future Invasion (93)
Crow's Ghost certainly overcharted, but done so in a way that is very consistent.
so cuz it's poorly charted consistently, it's ok??
Originally posted by One Winged Angel
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
one way to stream them all
Originally posted by Xiz
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)
But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Originally posted by thesunfan
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Originally posted by reuben_tate
Title: Popsicle Three
Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Originally posted by U.N. Owen
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."
@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there
dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Originally posted by One Winged Angel
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Originally posted by Xiz
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.
so cuz it's poorly charted consistently, it's ok??
He didn't say that overcharting is poor. That's subjective. Like what AJ said, Crow's Ghost is definitely overcharted, but it's done very consistently; really relentless and challenging. Absolutely love the file. Great job Anaru, my favourite song this round actually.
The other files are pretty fun too (especially Beatrice), except for Infinity which is just jwqeojqoeq lmao.
Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 02-21-2013, 03:38 AM.
so cuz it's poorly charted consistently, it's ok??
As Eze said, indicating that the chart is "poor" when it actually has relatively stringent structure and is still playable (for the demographic intended) is entirely subjective. I don't enjoy the song, but it is acceptably charted regardless of what I or anyone else thinks.
fyi beatrice has a mic crackle near the beginning. is there a mp3 of it that doesn't have that?
That's not a microphone crackle; that's called "clipping". I also hear it quite a bit in Infinity. It's the result of excessive audio input. I don't know if there's a better mp3 for it.
someone (CBR i think...) linked a new mp3 on the tourney thread i think
Originally posted by One Winged Angel
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
one way to stream them all
Originally posted by Xiz
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)
But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Originally posted by thesunfan
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Originally posted by reuben_tate
Title: Popsicle Three
Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Originally posted by U.N. Owen
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."
@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there
dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Originally posted by One Winged Angel
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Originally posted by Xiz
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.
D1: OK file. Good use of trills. 6/10
D2: Meh, again OK. Didn't entirely impress me. 5/10
D3: Hate the patterns! XD 3/10
D4: Can't find too much fault with the file to be honest! 8/10
D5: Overstepped, feel sorry for D5! 4/10
D6: Out of my skill range, what can I say? 6/10
As Eze said, indicating that the chart is "poor" when it actually has relatively stringent structure and is still playable (for the demographic intended) is entirely subjective. I don't enjoy the song, but it is acceptably charted regardless of what I or anyone else thinks.
As a d5 player I'm the "intended demographic" (At least according to YOUR placement.)
And I find it unplayable beyond idle mashing, and if you go through this thread and read all the posts that comment on it, I think you and Bmah are the only ones who said anything "nice" about the chart. It missed it's intended demographic completely.
PS: The song is the best part of it wtf you on.
But the last part of that post is certainly right, it's technically "acceptable"
But again that makes me question to the judges what they think quality is?
I mean let me attempt (and more than likely fail) to explain what I mean
Is a chart that is PRed magnificently, layered with the utmost of care, every jump makes sense, the quads are at good spots, but plays like absolute garbage (flow is literally 0%) and the chart is widely regarded as unplayable...
Is that chart still "quality?"
I would argue that no, the chart is actually extremely bad even despite it's amazing technicalities.
The gist of what I am getting at is, a chart can make sense all it likes, but if it's flow is neglected (which crow's ghost is, Infinity is too if you asked me personally) it's still going to end up bad in a sense at least.
Sadly I'll have to agree with Middie here, technical correctness is only maybe 50% of what makes a simfile good. Factors like fun factor, flow, and difficulty structure are very important to whether people will actually want to play the file, and whether they can be made objective or not, they're still important considerations.
It strikes me as very silly to say that even if almost every player dislikes a chart we should still avoid giving it a negative review because it's "objectively" good. If judges are putting files ingame that the FFR players don't like to play, there's something wrong with the way the judges are looking at charts.
Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
Best SDG: PANTS (86)
Best FC: Future Invasion (93)
I'm really not going to get into an argument about this. It all comes down to the fact that people are ragging on a file that is correct, and one that is actually enjoyed by other people. They're not wrong, and you guys aren't right. It's that simple.
Comment