Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Weedmark
    FFR Veteran
    • Aug 2009
    • 1196

    #16
    Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

    Originally posted by popsicle_3000
    fyi beatrice has a mic crackle near the beginning. is there a mp3 of it that doesn't have that?
    Gahhhh screw you, this song has MULTIPLE crackles and because you pointed them out, they're ALL I hear.

    I do want an MP3 though.

    Comment

    • Coolboyrulez0
      VICES
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2006
      • 10042

      #17
      Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

      Man it sure would be nice if someone had the full version of beatrice without mic crackles

      god damn that guy cbr

      PS: Willing to share with ffr this version without crackles so the song can be improved, but it will have to be cut to the file and I can't just give this out to people who want it, sorry.
      (It's from xi's album, Parousia and it isn't free... I'm sure you guys can find it with a bit of searching)
      https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
      https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

      Comment

      • TC_Halogen
        Rhythm game specialist.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2008
        • 19376

        #18
        Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

        Originally posted by bmah
        Well fixing the issue would add an extra arrow, and force everyone to play it again to correct their scores. It's more of an issue to AAAers of course. Sometimes the file can be submitted again quickly (as in, within a day or two) before a ton of scores are recorded, but I can't see that happening in this case - it wouldn't be fair to tournament players. On a normal case though, it could be fixed if corrected fast enough.

        If it was one arrow less, similar deal but less of an issue. If you had more arrows though, I can't, say, modify everyone's scores and assume they perfectly hit an extra arrow (not to mention modifying everyone's scores would be rather tedious if the scoreboard gets filled up).
        What we can do for this particular situation is wait until the round has concluded, and then upload the proper version of the song -- this way, it doesn't affect the tournament standings.

        Comment

        • Xiz
          TWG Chaos
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2012
          • 3399

          #19
          Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

          (For D2)
          Not gonna lie, I'm sorry Silvuh but this is not my favorite chart of yours. It has some great patterns which I need to learn, but this isn't one of my favorites. However, I do really enjoy the song.


          You know... just between you and me... I probz dont like it because it might eliminate me this round >.> lolz. Ssshh...

          Comment

          • qqwref
            stepmania archaeologist
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2005
            • 4092

            #20
            Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

            Two ideas for fixing the song:
            1) Ask the stepauthor if there is another arrow you could remove later
            2) Fix it and add 50 points of raw score to everyone in that division
            Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
            Best SDG: PANTS (86)
            Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

            Comment

            • TC_Halogen
              Rhythm game specialist.
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2008
              • 19376

              #21
              Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

              Originally posted by qqwref
              2) Fix it and add 50 points of raw score to everyone in that division
              Not only would I have to add 50 points of raw score, but I'd have to manually edit all of the PA counts to reflect the proper scores (adding two perfects, since presumably anyone can hit the first step of a song with two perfects). Not to say that this is a particularly hard task, but it's certainly not something I want to do during the tournament round. Regardless of that, a player would still have to replay the song again even if the dashboard lists a AAA, because changing the display of the dashboard does not change the recorded score of a particular song.

              I'm not entirely dismissing this idea, but is it worth updating the chart immediately?

              Comment

              • qqwref
                stepmania archaeologist
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2005
                • 4092

                #22
                Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

                I dunno, I mean, I'm not in your position, and I don't know how long it would take to fix ~10 scores (thank god this is round 5 and not round 1, though!). But if you're going to modify the chart during the tournament it should be done ASAP.

                (PS: recorded scores aren't important here - people are historically fine with replaying a song after it's fixed, and the real issue is how this affects the tournament.)

                Edit: didn't realize there were two extra notes instead of one, but yeah, when I said 50 points I meant to credit everyone with perfects on the extra notes. So it's actually 100 raw.
                Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                Comment

                • Silvuh
                  quit
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 938

                  #23
                  Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

                  Yeah, I don't know how I forgot to add silence to FH; I guess I thought I'd do it when I sent in a fix, but I had totally forgotten about it until now. Sorry about this.

                  So I added the silence just now and removed two notes from two four-note burst things at the beginning (the sounds weren't very loud anyway), so the file will still have 1097 notes and it can be uploaded right away.

                  And in case you don't want to do that, I also sent a version of the original steps with 1099 notes that can be uploaded after the round is over.

                  Just sent both of those to the FFR submission e-mail. Either way, sorry for the mistake.

                  Comment

                  • Xiz
                    TWG Chaos
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 3399

                    #24
                    Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

                    My opinion is obviously biast since I am in D2... I would really prefer if the chart is NOT modified. As much as it would make it a better file, and this may seem selfish? But I have already learned the file a certain way.... I dont know, but since the tournament has already started I rather keep things the way they are, as annoying as it might be.

                    Comment

                    • TC_Halogen
                      Rhythm game specialist.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 19376

                      #25
                      Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

                      Well, it looks like Silvuh provided a file with the first solution you mentioned, qqwref.

                      Silvuh: can you send the file to me through FFR PMs, please?

                      EDIT: Xiz: the modifications are really light -- it shouldn't detrimentally affect how you play the file.

                      Comment

                      • Xiz
                        TWG Chaos
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3399

                        #26
                        Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

                        Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                        Well, it looks like Silvuh provided a file with the first solution you mentioned, qqwref.

                        Silvuh: can you send the file to me through FFR PMs, please?

                        EDIT: Xiz: the modifications are really light -- it shouldn't detrimentally affect how you play the file.
                        I know, I know. I'm just bitching <3
                        2 more notes I can get a good on D: lolz

                        Comment

                        • qqwref
                          stepmania archaeologist
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 4092

                          #27
                          Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

                          Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                          Well, it looks like Silvuh provided a file with the first solution you mentioned, qqwref.
                          Great!

                          Originally posted by Xiz
                          2 more notes I can get a good on D: lolz
                          It's just an isolated jump at the start of the file
                          Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                          Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                          Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                          Comment

                          • arcnmx
                            nanodesu~
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 503

                            #28
                            Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

                            D2's chart is a bit slow for my tastes but it's probably my favourite song of the round. D4 gets my vote for favourite chart, it's pretty fun to play if a bit long.

                            Originally posted by Silvuh
                            So I added the silence just now and removed two notes from two four-note burst things at the beginning (the sounds weren't very loud anyway), so the file will still have 1097 notes and it can be uploaded right away.
                            This sounds like a decent compromise.


                            FMO AAAs (1): Within Life :: FGO AAAs (1): Einstein-Rosen Bridge

                            Comment

                            • Xx{Midnight}xX
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 8548

                              #29
                              Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

                              Go Silvuh makin' da fixes~

                              As a note I can't say with anything I agree with how D5/D6 was charted

                              Like it just feels like you over-layered it for difficulty for the purpose of the tourney and I can't stand stuff that feels this way, also a lot of the patterns have cute little anchors that make it rather dumb if you asked me.

                              In my opinion, the short hand of what I want to say is those charts pretty much feel like they were rushed nonsense from steppers who easily know and could have done way better. I'm just highly disappointed I guess. (I'm also extra sad that there's another Vocaloid chart I'm probably never going to want to play despite the song being quite awesome. But that's just my inner Vocaloid fan speaking here.)

                              The charts this round and last round (For D5+) have made me question sort of what the judges think a quality chart is now days. So it's left me confused is all. I don't understand how charts like that can be perceived as "good work" when they hardly (subjectively that is) represent the song in any way.

                              Comment

                              • Razor
                                Dan "Razor" Devilz
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2004
                                • 1606

                                #30
                                Re: Official Tournament Round 5 Song Discussion

                                *adds Halogen to list of people who can step dubstep/drumstep correctly*

                                h4h4

                                but srsly,

                                Into Your Eyes, best file this week.

                                Crow's Ghost was beyond overstepped and the some of these nutty 48th bursts were really uncomfortable and awkward. Also I don't get the [13][24] spam to every drum roll in the song.

                                Infinity was great. A bit of hard pain and weird up arrow jacks, but perfectly fine from the first time I saw in the batch. Cool stuff.
                                Originally posted by FFR Forum Awards
                                Best FFR file from 2013:
                                3rd: Retro City
                                Originally posted by Choofers
                                I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.

                                Comment

                                Working...