House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gun92
    The Paragon of Perfection
    • Aug 2006
    • 4826

    #61
    Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

    Lol, I tried lvl 16 and stopped within 15 seconds...hurt my damn head.

    Comment

    • MarkHouseMD
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2007
      • 175

      #62
      Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

      Hey there everybody, It's almost that time again the round is going to end. SO far I'm missing, posts from these people. Keep posting, I've lots of credits at stake and I'm not just giving them out. Do remember if I do not recieve a post I will eliminate you via, when you signed up:

      Poopfartmonkeycrap
      sumzup
      lxdestinyxl
      sk8it


      Good Luck,
      House

      Comment

      • Commandersa1
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2006
        • 2344

        #63
        Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
        hell no. game was awful.
        I agree, half the time I was no where near the gold ball.

        I died 10+ times on level 14 because of touching a random gold ball.

        Comment

        • Tasselfoot
          Retired BOSS
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 25185

          #64
          Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

          you sent out a PM... yet didn't bump the thread.

          *shrugs*

          played the game.... once again, another unoriginal, uncreative game from House... got to level 8, about 300,000. photobucket is down, so i'll post the image tomorrow.

          303,542 to be exact.
          RIP

          Comment

          • MarkHouseMD
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2007
            • 175

            #65
            Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

            Geez, Tass you're hard to please

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #66
              Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

              i am an honest critic. i'll tell you exactly what i think about something. it's quite possible that we just have absolutely opposite opinions on what a good flash game is. but to me, it seems like you don't put that much effort into picking your games. you don't think about choosing games that people will enjoy playing/whoring, attempting to better their scores. or checking the games to see if they're fun and unique or just another attempt at a rather old game concept.

              to me, the perfect game selections will be games that most people have never played before and yet will look forward to playing. then once they play them, they'll want to keep playing it (at least a few times) to try and improve. curveball is ok, i guess, it's just a REALLY old game, so it isn't original. round 2... had terrible hit detection, making speedrunning for a better score extremely frustrating to the point of not wanting to try. and this round... it's just another take on Bust-A-Move.

              I happen to really like curveball... it is just too unoriginal for a tournament like this (plus you used it in your last tournament). Round 2... i really like games like that. I enjoy the Acno games, Chip's Challenge, and other speed-based puzzle platformers... but the hit detection on that game was AWFUL, which completely killed my ability to enjoy it. And I really do not like B-A-M games... not completely sure why, but probably for the same reason that I don't like Bejeweled or Mahjong games... there are TOO MANY clones of them, they're all the same, and they're very very mindless.
              RIP

              Comment

              • lxDestinyxl
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2006
                • 3247

                #67
                Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

                Eh, 2nd try.
                Attached Files

                Comment

                • Gun92
                  The Paragon of Perfection
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 4826

                  #68
                  Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

                  Tass...why don't you make a Flash game based tournament some times? Then there would be a really high standard to make these things awesome, not that I'm not having fun Mark, I am quite enjoying this tournament and still look forward to more of it, but Tass you can make one and then we will all know what some good flash games are, you know? Hell, Id run it for you if you pick the games and what not, considering I know your a rather busy man...or I could help. I just think that would be kinda epic.

                  I suck at this game.
                  Last edited by Gun92; 04-29-2008, 08:45 AM.

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #69
                    Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

                    Gun: I ran one back in October. And I tried to run another one in Feb, but not enough people were participating... so I canned it. I also didn't really have enough time to properly run it, but the lack of participation killed my motivation. Rubix also tried running his 2nd Omnipwn around the same time, and canned it for lack of participation as well.

                    I may try again with it over the summer.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • MarkHouseMD
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 175

                      #70
                      Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

                      Hey tass while you're doing all this complaining, you could submit that screen shot you were telling me about last night.

                      Comment

                      • Gun92
                        The Paragon of Perfection
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 4826

                        #71
                        Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

                        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                        Gun: I ran one back in October. And I tried to run another one in Feb, but not enough people were participating... so I canned it. I also didn't really have enough time to properly run it, but the lack of participation killed my motivation. Rubix also tried running his 2nd Omnipwn around the same time, and canned it for lack of participation as well.

                        I may try again with it over the summer.
                        Ah, I didn't know that, I wasn't actively playing back in October and I'm sad I missed the one in Feb. Ill defiantly join it when you make it, these types of things are fun and refreshing from what most tournaments are derived.

                        Comment

                        • Tasselfoot
                          Retired BOSS
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 25185

                          #72
                          Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II



                          maybe if you took what i said as constructive criticism instead of complaining, you'd improve the quality of your tournament.
                          RIP

                          Comment

                          • MarkHouseMD
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 175

                            #73
                            Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

                            Hey maybe i've been looking for decent games, and maybe have found some, I'm just saving them. What websites would you recommend to look at Tass

                            Comment

                            • EI_Tizzy
                              FFR Player
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 942

                              #74
                              Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

                              Kongregate. End.
                              Only at the FFR Quidditch World Cup...
                              Originally posted by flipsta_lombax
                              After poop, it seems like all the places are filled. Awesome.
                              Originally posted by Breedwell
                              Norway is going to rape. Seriously.
                              Originally posted by rzr
                              They're too expensive. Like your English hookers. Cost too much. Stick to good 'ol fashion cheap hookers. We offer them in Sweden too ^^

                              Comment

                              • MarkHouseMD
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 175

                                #75
                                Re: House's Arcade Madness Tournament- II

                                Hey Tyler, Mow your damn lawn and get over here

                                Comment

                                Working...