Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commandersa1
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2006
    • 2344

    #106
    Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

    Originally posted by Tasselfoot
    damn... 153 on FPA. meh. Sora's got me pretty good on most of these games. I'll work to improve SHIFT still though.
    Sora? The only game I lost to you was the one that you actually had to think on. lol If the game deals with memory then I can do well on it.

    Comment

    • blackjack2300
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2006
      • 316

      #107
      Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

      my best so far
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #108
        Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

        I don't know why i typed Sora... For some reason I read your name as CommanderSora. *shrugs*. my bad.


        then more thinking games, please? a trivia game, perhaps?
        RIP

        Comment

        • Commandersa1
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2006
          • 2344

          #109
          Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

          Originally posted by Tasselfoot
          I don't know why i typed Sora... For some reason I read your name as CommanderSora. *shrugs*. my bad.


          then more thinking games, please? a trivia game, perhaps?
          Haha, no thinking games, please?

          Also, lowered my time for this. 6 more points...

          Comment

          • Fractal_Monkey
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2005
            • 464

            #110
            Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

            Yeah, timed games don't really lend themselves to thinking. I suppose one of the later rounds requires some thought as well as skill.

            Shame that things like the Impossible Quiz aren't timed, really.

            EDIT: Bam. Got it on video as well.


            I've done the cross level 1.5 seconds quicker, and there was a minor error in an early level. This is what's doable, guys. And this is so going on youtube when the tournament's done.

            Oh, and the bonus point is still on offer for sub-343.9, not for supping this.
            Last edited by Fractal_Monkey; 04-30-2008, 08:02 AM. Reason: BAM!

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #111
              Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

              i've gotten down to 345.x, btw. with a few small mistakes in the run still. i've gotten the cross level done in 20 as my best, although 19 is the consistent time. my biggest mistake spot is on the slow-down level, getting the key on the right that speeds the level back up. i have a very hard time consistently getting that key on the 1st jump. usually takes me multiple attempts, which costs valuable seconds. Also, the very end of the last level... getting the light in between the sets of spikes. I die there way too often for playing through 8 minutes flawlessly.
              RIP

              Comment

              • Commandersa1
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2006
                • 2344

                #112
                Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                i've gotten down to 345.x, btw. with a few small mistakes in the run still. i've gotten the cross level done in 20 as my best, although 19 is the consistent time. my biggest mistake spot is on the slow-down level, getting the key on the right that speeds the level back up. i have a very hard time consistently getting that key on the 1st jump. usually takes me multiple attempts, which costs valuable seconds. Also, the very end of the last level... getting the light in between the sets of spikes. I die there way too often for playing through 8 minutes flawlessly.
                I can usually beat the cross at 21, but I suck at the slow-down level also. It's funny how a few seconds can cost you 10s of seconds overall.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #113
                  Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                  I still don't understand how on earth the timer works in that game.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • Commandersa1
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 2344

                    #114
                    Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                    If I did not mess up at the beginning of the 7th(?) level, I would have beat Fractal's time. I beat the cross level at 23(I took a screenshot for proof).

                    *sigh*
                    Last edited by Commandersa1; 04-30-2008, 03:20 PM.

                    Comment

                    • Tasselfoot
                      Retired BOSS
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 25185

                      #115
                      Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                      *sigh*.
                      RIP

                      Comment

                      • Commandersa1
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 2344

                        #116
                        Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                        Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                        *sigh*.

                        Comment

                        • Fractal_Monkey
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 464

                          #117
                          Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                          Damnit, now I have to re-do my video. That must be pretty close to optimal now.

                          Comment

                          • Commandersa1
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 2344

                            #118
                            Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                            Originally posted by Fractal_Monkey
                            Damnit, now I have to re-do my video. That must be pretty close to optimal now.
                            It's close, but not perfect. At one point I thought I got the key, and had to turn around. I lost 1 second there. I beat the cross level at 22 when I know I can beat it at 23.

                            Comment

                            • Fractal_Monkey
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 464

                              #119
                              Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                              Round 5 is up. 27.7 points and 42.1 seconds separate the three players who have played every round so far.

                              Comment

                              • Commandersa1
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 2344

                                #120
                                Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                                Twice this game froze on me, the sounds start looping really fast, and a message about aborting the script.

                                Comment

                                Working...