Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blackjack2300
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2006
    • 316

    #61
    Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

    darn you

    Comment

    • Commandersa1
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2006
      • 2344

      #62
      Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

      Originally posted by blackjack2300
      darn you
      You will probably beat that time, and hopefully I will beat yours. We are just making it worse for the other players. lol XD

      Comment

      • blackjack2300
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2006
        • 316

        #63
        Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

        oh well it's better for us
        and no i probably won't beat your time
        Edit: what's your name on kongregate so i can add you?

        Comment

        • funmonkey54
          The Chill Keeper
          • Oct 2007
          • 4127

          #64
          Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

          I have been in Georgia for 5 days so I am a little late. I just wanted to get a score in. I know this is terrible but it is a first try.
          Attached Files

          Comment

          • SoultakerNFH
            FFR Veteran
            • Sep 2006
            • 329

            #65
            Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

            I knew I should have taken a picture and submitted it for the 59 second score. This is the best I could do for now. I'm never on the same computer at work so each mouse I use is different and takes some getting used to.

            Edit - Yay got my 59 seconds back with 2-3 big mess ups again.

            Last edited by SoultakerNFH; 04-20-2008, 08:56 PM.
            Indeed...Etc.

            Best Non-AAA Ranks (Before AvMiss Was Fixed): Choprite, Rank 6 [3-0-0-0]; TGWP Part 1, Rank 11 [5-0-0-0]; Otaku Speedvibe Heavy, Rank 13 [1-0-0-0]; Blue Army, Rank 5 [1-0-0-0]

            Comment

            • Fractal_Monkey
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2005
              • 464

              #66
              Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

              Updated to here, with news of a change to the prize distribution.

              The current scoring system has its flaws, namely, it it biased towards shorter events. Taking the aggregate time over all seven events is also flawed in that it is biased towards the longer events. I'm attempting to solve this by running two separate divisions, one ranked by percentage score, the other ranked by aggregate time, and splitting the prize fund evenly between the two. Details are in the first post. This way, if the rounds are balanced, the same person should win both divisions, and if they're unbalanced, one rogue score shouldn't necessarily guarantee a clean sweep of the prizes.

              This does not change the way you play the games at all. The time you submit is used in both divisions. Faster is still better in both divisions.

              The aggregate time division will only count people who have submitted for EVERY ROUND. Since the credit prize is the same, I'm asking everyone to pull a funmonkey and send in a time. Any time at all, even if it's terrible. That score still gets him 45+ points, and puts him in the running for the aggregate time prizes. (If he claws back the 30-second deficit to 5th)

              I suppose what I need now is a rich benefactor to boost the prize fund for me. I'll be playing FFR and joining other random tournaments to try and get together some more credits.

              Round 2 will be up sometime tomorrow. New rounds will go up on Tuesdays and Fridays.

              Comment

              • dogdude84
                FFR Veteran
                • Jul 2004
                • 494

                #67
                Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                Please take me off the list of players. I realized I'm actually not that interested in this.


                Tournament Wins:
                Cry4eternity's First Tournament (Standard division)


                ^lulz^

                Super Smash Bros. Brawl LADDER


                ^ScArY^

                Comment

                • Fractal_Monkey
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 464

                  #68
                  Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                  Round 2 is up. Previous rounds will be open until the tournament finishes.

                  Comment

                  • EI_Tizzy
                    FFR Player
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 942

                    #69
                    Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                    Bam. Without all the errors I had, I probably could've hit under 150, but alas...

                    Only at the FFR Quidditch World Cup...
                    Originally posted by flipsta_lombax
                    After poop, it seems like all the places are filled. Awesome.
                    Originally posted by Breedwell
                    Norway is going to rape. Seriously.
                    Originally posted by rzr
                    They're too expensive. Like your English hookers. Cost too much. Stick to good 'ol fashion cheap hookers. We offer them in Sweden too ^^

                    Comment

                    • Tasselfoot
                      Retired BOSS
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 25185

                      #70
                      Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                      round 1:


                      round 2:


                      my FPA time is almost flawless... got basically every "break" or variance went my way, i didn't get hit at all... did have a few things that slowed me down... I'd say high 158 or low 159 would be a 100% flawless run for me, but this run is pretty darn near perfect. Mistakes in this game cost you seconds. Each.



                      edit: wtf. saw Tizzy's score... i swear, i think my computer is too fast. on timed games, i get awful scores, and i think it's because my computer performs too quickly. going to try this on my laptop later today and see how it goes.

                      edit2: i don't see Tizzy's score on the daily top scores...

                      edit3: oh. he isn't logged in. C'mon Tizzy! register an account. badges rock! click the link in my sig and sign up.
                      Last edited by Tasselfoot; 04-22-2008, 12:01 PM.
                      RIP

                      Comment

                      • darkness3608
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 867

                        #71
                        Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                        Man for some reason im not good at this game... I gave up on fancy pants
                        Best FC= The Field Of Snow
                        Best AAA= Dance 2 This

                        4th place in jons FFR Polymath
                        5th place in Funmonkeys and kjwkjw's tourney

                        Comment

                        • Fractal_Monkey
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 464

                          #72
                          Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                          I know what you mean, I'm usually terrible at platformers myself. Take it slow, and try to just complete the game, then try and speed up gradually. You've got over 3 weeks to fnish the game, and slow time > no submission.

                          Comment

                          • EI_Tizzy
                            FFR Player
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 942

                            #73
                            Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                            I signed up because... Tass told me to. Also, I just realized Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 3 is finally out. Sexy.

                            Ima try and 100% everything again, just like #2.
                            Only at the FFR Quidditch World Cup...
                            Originally posted by flipsta_lombax
                            After poop, it seems like all the places are filled. Awesome.
                            Originally posted by Breedwell
                            Norway is going to rape. Seriously.
                            Originally posted by rzr
                            They're too expensive. Like your English hookers. Cost too much. Stick to good 'ol fashion cheap hookers. We offer them in Sweden too ^^

                            Comment

                            • Commandersa1
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 2344

                              #74
                              Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                              Meh, it won't be hard to get lower than this. Also, that was the easiest hard badge ever.

                              Comment

                              • darkness3608
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2005
                                • 867

                                #75
                                Re: Fractal_Monkey's Time Trial Tournament

                                you guys are beasting at this game dam,
                                Best FC= The Field Of Snow
                                Best AAA= Dance 2 This

                                4th place in jons FFR Polymath
                                5th place in Funmonkeys and kjwkjw's tourney

                                Comment

                                Working...