Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Closed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bmah
    shots FIRED
    Profile Moderator
    FFR Simfile Author
    Global Moderator
    • Oct 2003
    • 8448

    #331
    Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

    Originally posted by psychoangel691
    I didn't know about this. They're still on the OP of the queue batch discussion thread.
    [<] and [>] don't actually describe the quality of the file; just a comparison between which one is better.

    You can do this:

    song A: [+.] [>]

    song B: [?] [<]

    or sometimes two files are close, but you want to distinguish slightly:

    song A: [+.] [<]

    song B: [+.] [>]

    Sometimes they're equally good/bad, in which you don't need to use greater/less than symbols.

    Comment

    • Niala
      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2007
      • 1697

      #332
      Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

      Originally posted by psychoangel691
      I didn't know about this. They're still on the OP of the queue batch discussion thread.
      [Sub Ratings] - Add these ratings with the main ratings if needed.

      The OP says that, I figured it meant you need a main rating and those ratings are additional information.

      Comment

      • psychoangel691
        Retired Staff
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2004
        • 10438

        #333
        Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

        Last I remembered < was = to +.

        I'm behind I guess
        Originally posted by Charu
        My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
        Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
        Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

        Comment

        • nois-or-e
          SponCon Aficionado
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2007
          • 3250

          #334
          Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

          well if < = +. it got a 16

          doesn't matter though, cry4s file got a better score so this'll be overlooked. I only stepped the snares to make for an easy 1 anyways, is a boring file for most people.

          No comment on my question about 45?

          Comment

          • JSH
            FFR Veteran
            • Dec 2008
            • 104

            #335
            Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

            Originally posted by TC_Halogen
            Darling:
            Code:
            [...]
            #OFFSET:-0.007;
            #SAMPLESTART:100.026;
            #SAMPLELENGTH:12.000;
            #SELECTABLE:YES;
            #BPMS:0.000=121.220;
            #STOPS:0.000=0.140
            ;
            Pastel Candy:
            Code:
            [...]
            #OFFSET:-0.089;
            #SAMPLESTART:100.020;
            #SAMPLELENGTH:12.000;
            #SELECTABLE:YES;
            #BPMS:0.000=120.700,8.000=120.700,14.000=120.700;
            #STOPS:0.000=0.040
            ;
            (these are the untouched syncs straight out of the archive, but I had fixed them when judging - these weren't a huge factor in scoring, though)
            Ah ok thanks
            What exactly are stops though?

            Comment

            • psychoangel691
              Retired Staff
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2004
              • 10438

              #336
              Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

              Originally posted by nois-or-e
              would fixing the blue notes in the ending make any difference for 45, or am I wasting my time?
              I can't speak for all the judges on that. On my end it was just more of a suggestion than anything to me it wasn't too big a deal.


              Originally posted by JSH
              Ah ok thanks
              What exactly are stops though?
              A stop is something that is typically used in an x-mod chart. You wont see stops on FFR because it is a constant speed. But if you were to play a song on sm with an x speedmod a stop would do exactly what it says stop the chart for however long the stop is set for.
              Originally posted by Charu
              My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
              Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
              Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

              Comment

              • 00Razor00
                FFR Player
                • Jul 2006
                • 3530

                #337
                Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                Originally posted by jimerax
                20/20 - 4
                19/20 - 10
                18/20 - 8
                (and 1 14/15).

                These ones will be accepted, if they don't have critical issues.

                We have like 10 16-17s/20 and files that contain <, those files will go to the 2nd stage.
                I'll review the accepted files and do final check.
                So this means 8 files that scored 18/20 will be picked? o:


                Originally posted by t-rogdor
                hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

                Comment

                • yo man im awesome
                  soleil ardent
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2007
                  • 6514

                  #338
                  Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                  Originally posted by bmah
                  Offsets slightly differ from one computer to another, or even within the same computer, depending on what setup you're using.

                  For instance, my laptop's offset is different from the old desktop I used to work on. But the offset is also different when I plug my earbuds/headphones into the laptop and work from there. Similarly, if you got a different keyboard that has thicker keys, that'll also affect the timing of the arrows you press - according to your fingers and reaction.

                  Nevertheless, if the timing is so far off that it's unplayable, that file can be rejected. I think it should be fairly obvious when the timing's blatantly incorrect, so it's your own responsibility to fix that. @yo man im awesome: use your own judgment
                  I can understand that being true, but I don't know why my computer would have such a different offset than other computers, because -1.386 is perfect for my computer. (If you're saying that -1.386 isn't correct) I don't have DDReam, so I can't really figure out the offset for it there if it changes at all.

                  Originally posted by choof
                  you double dad loving dipshit
                  Originally posted by t-rogdor
                  dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                  Originally posted by smartdude1212
                  I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                  Comment

                  • psychoangel691
                    Retired Staff
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 10438

                    #339
                    Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                    Either way you sent it as 2.00
                    Originally posted by Charu
                    My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                    Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                    Comment

                    • yo man im awesome
                      soleil ardent
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2007
                      • 6514

                      #340
                      Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                      Yea, I know. I guess I'll just have to patch it up with GD's notes and send it in again to the new artist batch, whenever it shows.

                      Originally posted by choof
                      you double dad loving dipshit
                      Originally posted by t-rogdor
                      dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                      Originally posted by smartdude1212
                      I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                      Comment

                      • MarioNintendo
                        Expect delays.
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 4181

                        #341
                        Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                        I just started reading my reviews instead of just looking at the grades...

                        For Love, The Elephant, here's what I read:

                        "You seem to have the same problem as most, with being afraid of stepping too much in fear of making it too hard. (...)"
                        "I think this might be pushing the difficulty a little bit. (...)"
                        "Good use of syncopation in this chart, although I really do not like 58.426-81.699; the song seems to be more dull than previously let the chart is quite a bit more aggressive. (...)"
                        "Upbeat and well layered. Good flow and easy to follow."

                        While every judge seems to be right about this, they also all seem to go in opposite directions. I want to fix the file as much as I can, but this gets confusing. Like, while one judge points an issue, the three other judges don't mention it at all, meaning it didn't bug them (or did it?). It's hard to modify a file in that situation! The way I'd like to see it is that it's perfectly balanced haha :P
                        Last edited by MarioNintendo; 06-10-2011, 09:26 PM.
                        Long live the arcade!

                        Comment

                        • T-Force
                          Your world ends with you
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 4753

                          #342
                          Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                          Originally posted by 00Razor00
                          So this means 8 files that scored 18/20 will be picked? o:
                          It means 8 of the songs in the batch scored 18/20.
                          Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                          Comment

                          • Plan_Bsk81127
                            snooches
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 6420

                            #343
                            Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                            Made a list real quick of the files accepted and whatnot based on the cutoffs jimerax said (18+ auto accept, 16-17 2nd stage, etc). Anyone who wishes to make an edit to the list or fix something feel free.

                            Edit: Added the scores for the 2nd judge files

                            Leaves in the Wind (iironiic) - 20+
                            Until Tomorrow [Light] (bmah) - 20+
                            Louder than Thunder (qqwref) - 20
                            Morning Grory (bmah) - 20
                            Another Day (bmah) - 19
                            botu1 (MarioNintendo) - 19
                            Counting Snow (0) - 19
                            Hana Yuduki (jimerax) - 19
                            Love, The Elephant (MarioNintendo) - 19
                            Sea Breeze (Silvuh) - 19
                            Shu Kurimu no Uta (jimerax) - 19
                            Space Entropy (cry4eternity) - 19
                            Steel for Pappa (OneHandNow) - 19
                            Town Theme 1 (Reshiram) - 19
                            Above the Clouds (cry4eternity) - 18
                            bitmapstar (Ziergdsx18) - 18
                            Ding Dong Song (Dossar) - 18
                            Finding A Way (00Razor00) - 18
                            Maintenance Bot (woker-X) - 18
                            Minuet In G (Reshiram) - 18
                            Passage D (qqwref) - 18
                            Subconsciousness (leonid) - 18

                            -----------------------------------------------------
                            Endless Handbag In Asia (MaxGhost) - 17 (5/3/5/4)
                            Fall into Night (0) - 17 (5/2/5/5)
                            Rill Rill (Dr.Ozi Remix) (Coolboyrulez0) - 17 (4/5/3/5)
                            Shadows of my Lost Memories (Plan_Bsk81127) - 17 (5/4/4/4)
                            Sonnenuntergang (Xayphon) - 17 (5/3/5/4)
                            Happy Happy Shining Star!! V2 (MrPopadopalis25) - 16 (5/5/3/3)
                            Purity (T-Force) - 16 (4/3/4/5)
                            The Degredation of the Soul (Silvuh) - 16 (5/2/5/4)
                            Tutti Frutti Summer Love (Dossar) - 16 (5/4/4/3)

                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            45 (nois-or-e) - 15
                            Deadly Daydream (leonid) - 15
                            Darling(JSH) - 14
                            Playing With Yourself (MaxGhost) - 14
                            Your Thoughts Disgust Me (nois-or-e) - 14
                            Eulogy For Nick Galvez (Emulord) - 13
                            Yukitsukiyashou (leonid) - 13
                            Link's Awakening (Childhood Memories Remix) (MaxGhost) - 12
                            Hoax (Midnghtraver) - 11
                            Dance Trigger (XCV) - 10
                            Pastel Candy (JSH) - 9
                            Oliver (OneHandNow) - 8
                            Break Fast (OneHandNow) - 6
                            Carrots (Yo Man I'm Awesome) - 6
                            Chimes (Thatskier) - 4
                            Minimal Effort (Thatskier) - 4
                            Op 71 IV Rondo Allegro (Thatskier)- 4



                            Other:

                            Sunless Daybreak (psychoangel691) - 14 (need one more judge)

                            Skate or Die 2 (Reshiram) - 12, <
                            Skate or Die 2 [Beginner] (Emulord) - 10, <, <
                            Skate or Die 2 [Light] (Emulord) - 9, <, <

                            Above the Clouds (nois-or-e) - 8, <, <
                            Last edited by Plan_Bsk81127; 06-10-2011, 11:06 PM.

                            Comment

                            • psychoangel691
                              Retired Staff
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2004
                              • 10438

                              #344
                              Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                              Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127

                              Other:

                              Sunless Daybreak (psychoangel691) - 14 (need one more judge)

                              Skate or Die 2 (Reshiram) - 12, <
                              Skate or Die 2 [Beginner] (Emulord) - 10, <, <
                              Skate or Die 2 [Light] (Emulord) - 9, <, <

                              Above the Clouds (nois-or-e) - 8, <, <
                              Originally posted by jimerax
                              20/20 - 4
                              19/20 - 10
                              18/20 - 8
                              (and 1 14/15).

                              These ones will be accepted, if they don't have critical issues.


                              We have like 10 16-17s/20 and files that contain <, those files will go to the 2nd stage.
                              I'll review the accepted files and do final check.
                              ^^
                              Originally posted by Charu
                              My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                              Originally posted by DaBackpack
                              also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                              Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                              Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                              Comment

                              • Plan_Bsk81127
                                snooches
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 6420

                                #345
                                Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                                Ah ok, seeing your file Im sure it will be one of those that will be accepted without issue. The Skate or Dies were just back and forth whos was better, but seemed like Reshiram was the more favored one. Above the Clouds I just stuck there since cry4eternitys got an 18 so figured that was the chosen one between the two.

                                Comment

                                Working...