Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Closed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nois-or-e
    SponCon Aficionado
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2007
    • 3250

    #301
    Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

    15/NA/14

    Yeah, I thought 45 was gonna do much better than that, o well. It was stepped as a 2, but stepping a 2 for an easy batch was obv needing something more exciting than what difficulty 2 steps can provide, lol. I kept PR and didn't think messing around with it a lot would be good for a low diff song. Shows what I know I spose.

    Congrats on everyone that got something in o/

    Comment

    • iironiic
      D6 FFR Legacy Player
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2009
      • 4342

      #302
      Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

      Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
      At least the other two songs I had people step got in, mainly all I cared about.
      :]]]] Got my first 20/20 with a [++] being one of my +5. I'm going to reread all of my notes and make sure I don't make those same mistakes in the future :3 Thank you to the judges!

      Comment

      • Niala
        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2007
        • 1697

        #303
        Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

        Originally posted by MarioNintendo
        19/20 and 19/20 for me, I wasn't expecting so much! 0_0

        I noticed that comment from Niala which said: "I'm sad to say I expected a bit better from you (...)". I think you should not be biased upon my previous files and just judge the file as it is. This just begins to sound too subjective for a judge, in my opinion. My creations should be looked upon the same as everyone else, not with greater expectations or more forgiveness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at you for giving me a +. at all! That sentence just made me realize that. While my previous files might be great (21/20 comes to mind), it might also have been a strike of luck. I am not the perfect stepper, I constantly do my best to learn and find new ways of stepping!

        tl;dr: I also have the right to submit crap and not get away with it, just like everyone else.

        Still, thanks to every judge for the feedback, Niala included, of course!! I'll try my best to send fixes over the month of June.

        I don't look at whose files I'm judging until after I've completed the entire judging process (unless people leave their names ingame or something.) I added that after, the mark on the file would have been the same for anybody.

        g2g to work now !_! Q_Q
        Last edited by Niala; 06-10-2011, 09:31 AM.

        Comment

        • Thatskier
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2008
          • 613

          #304
          Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

          Where are the notes
          Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

          The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place



          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
          Let's put it this way: This file is fun.

          Comment

          • Xayphon
            sausage
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Nov 2008
            • 1630

            #305
            Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

            Originally posted by Thatskier
            Where are the notes

            Comment

            • Thatskier
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2008
              • 613

              #306
              Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open



              Song 1: -20/20

              Song 2: -20/20

              Song 3: -20/20

              Hours spent making: LOL 16.

              New accomplishment obtained... only person to recieve all [-]!




































              I got yoked!
              Last edited by Thatskier; 06-10-2011, 10:04 AM.
              Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

              The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place



              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              Let's put it this way: This file is fun.

              Comment

              • JSH
                FFR Veteran
                • Dec 2008
                • 104

                #307
                Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                lol one of my charts got four different scores
                +, +. , +? , and ?

                Edit: and AJ, what did you mean by using stop at the beginning rather than offset?
                I thought I used offset?
                And I wouldn't mind the accompaniment
                Last edited by JSH; 06-10-2011, 10:32 AM.

                Comment

                • emulord
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 778

                  #308
                  Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                  Aww, I got a little hate for my Eulogy for Nick Galvez file. I was inspired by stuff like Dendrite and secret zombie room. Have complicated files with simple charts. It at least makes it fun to listen to.
                  @TC_Halogen How do I make something more consistent and have more variation ?

                  For skate or die, blue note syndrome was an intentional choice. I did it because it looks pseudo legacy until the very end.

                  Thanks for judging guys!

                  Score for Eulogy for Nick Galvez: +, ?, +?, +?. Verdict: Cut the song and fill in chaos gaps with something.
                  Stake or Die (beginner): +, +. <, -, <
                  Skate or Die (beginner): +, +? <, -, <
                  Verdict: Blue notes were a problem? That was an intentional choice on my part. The only other complaint was the other Skate or Die was better, but I havn't seen it.
                  Last edited by emulord; 06-10-2011, 12:12 PM.

                  Comment

                  • leonid
                    I am leonid
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 8080

                    #309
                    Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                    It's hard to cater to the nubs !!



                    Proud member of Team No

                    Comment

                    • who_cares973
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 15407

                      #310
                      Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                      whats going on here...

                      Comment

                      • yo man im awesome
                        soleil ardent
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2007
                        • 6514

                        #311
                        Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                        Great. The offset completely F'd up the judging of my file. I heard what Niala through AIM, and GD's was good. I just can't stand that the sync completely destroyed it. This is really agitating.

                        Also, Psycho, -1.386 is the correct offset for SM. I don't have DDReam, so I can't tell what it would be there.

                        Originally posted by choof
                        you double dad loving dipshit
                        Originally posted by t-rogdor
                        dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                        Originally posted by smartdude1212
                        I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                        Comment

                        • emulord
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 778

                          #312
                          Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                          If it makes you feel better, I got a - and a < from the notes being blue :/

                          Comment

                          • yo man im awesome
                            soleil ardent
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2007
                            • 6514

                            #313
                            Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                            Well, I'm not angry that I didn't make it. I'm just angry I couldn't be properly judged. I want to hear what A.J and Kayla thought of the file, not the sync.

                            Originally posted by choof
                            you double dad loving dipshit
                            Originally posted by t-rogdor
                            dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
                            Originally posted by smartdude1212
                            I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

                            Comment

                            • Ziergdsx18
                              ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 2800

                              #314
                              Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                              bitmapstar = [+][.+][+][.+]



                              p.s O-SE is a new artist yay! ;3
                              Last edited by Ziergdsx18; 06-10-2011, 03:07 PM.


                              | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

                              Comment

                              • TC_Halogen
                                Rhythm game specialist.
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 19376

                                #315
                                Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                                Originally posted by JSH
                                lol one of my charts got four different scores
                                +, +. , +? , and ?

                                Edit: and AJ, what did you mean by using stop at the beginning rather than offset?
                                I thought I used offset?
                                And I wouldn't mind the accompaniment
                                Darling:
                                Code:
                                [...]
                                #OFFSET:-0.007;
                                #SAMPLESTART:100.026;
                                #SAMPLELENGTH:12.000;
                                #SELECTABLE:YES;
                                #BPMS:0.000=121.220;
                                #STOPS:0.000=0.140
                                ;
                                Pastel Candy:
                                Code:
                                [...]
                                #OFFSET:-0.089;
                                #SAMPLESTART:100.020;
                                #SAMPLELENGTH:12.000;
                                #SELECTABLE:YES;
                                #BPMS:0.000=120.700,8.000=120.700,14.000=120.700;
                                #STOPS:0.000=0.040
                                ;
                                (these are the untouched syncs straight out of the archive, but I had fixed them when judging - these weren't a huge factor in scoring, though)

                                Originally posted by emulord
                                Aww, I got a little hate for my Eulogy for Nick Galvez file. I was inspired by stuff like Dendrite and secret zombie room. Have complicated files with simple charts. It at least makes it fun to listen to.
                                @TC_Halogen How do I make something more consistent and have more variation ?

                                For skate or die, blue note syndrome was an intentional choice. I did it because it looks pseudo legacy until the very end.

                                Thanks for judging guys!

                                Score for Eulogy for Nick Galvez: +, ?, +?, +?. Verdict: Cut the song and fill in chaos gaps with something.
                                Stake or Die (beginner): +, +. <, -, <
                                Skate or Die (beginner): +, +? <, -, <
                                Verdict: Blue notes were a problem? That was an intentional choice on my part. The only other complaint was the other Skate or Die was better, but I havn't seen it.
                                It was a really risky stylistic choice; I happen to be one of the people who thinks offsetting charts to a blue note is just awkward and makes it seem like a poor offset. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

                                Your beginner chart for Skate or Die was really boring, just really spaced out notes. The light chart actually wasn't too bad, but it could have been a little bit more stepped than just the occasional quarter notes - some jumps for the change in the synth melody probably could have been enough to add a little more variation.

                                Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                                Great. The offset completely F'd up the judging of my file. I heard what Niala through AIM, and GD's was good. I just can't stand that the sync completely destroyed it. This is really agitating.

                                Also, Psycho, -1.386 is the correct offset for SM. I don't have DDReam, so I can't tell what it would be there.
                                Originally posted by yo man im awesome
                                Well, I'm not angry that I didn't make it. I'm just angry I couldn't be properly judged. I want to hear what A.J and Kayla thought of the file, not the sync.
                                ok, this is getting irritating. First off, if the offset is ridiculously off in DDream, it will most certainly be off on SM. A 400 ms difference is not even close to plausible comparing DDream to SM, let alone a near 3000 ms change that I had to do in order for your file to play properly. If you think your file's offset is -1.386, then your entire chart is off by over a beat, which is grounds for rejection anyway. You can't sit here and say your chart wasn't properly judged, and to put it truthfully, as well as quite bluntly - I am a judge, but -you- are responsible for the content, and if it's off by that much, then I do reserve the right to reject the file for sync alone:

                                12. It should be a simfile that is fun to play for you and others, goes well to the song and captures all its themes and variations and has been confirmed to be on sync on a low music rate.

                                Comment

                                Working...