Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Closed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ziergdsx18
    ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Nov 2007
    • 2800

    #316
    Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

    So is there a list with all the accepted files/borderline files?


    | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

    Comment

    • yo man im awesome
      soleil ardent
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2007
      • 6514

      #317
      Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

      Originally posted by TC_Halogen
      Ok, this is getting irritating. First off, if the offset is ridiculously off in DDream, it will most certainly be off on SM. A 400 ms difference is not even close to plausible comparing DDream to SM, let alone a near 3000 ms change that I had to do in order for your file to play properly. If you think your file's offset is -1.386, then your entire chart is off by over a beat, which is grounds for rejection anyway. You can't sit here and say your chart wasn't properly judged, and to put it truthfully, as well as quite bluntly - I am a judge, but -you- are responsible for the content, and if it's off by that much, then I do reserve the right to reject the file for sync alone:
      Now see, I originally had it at -1.386. Then When I showed Niala, he said to change it to 2.0, so it would even out in the converter. Since this was my very first file, my only option was to really believe him.

      EDIT: or are you saying that -1.386 isn't the offset? Because I had confirmed it with Niala when I started stepping it.

      (Not hating on you Niala, still love you )
      Last edited by yo man im awesome; 06-10-2011, 03:23 PM.

      Originally posted by choof
      you double dad loving dipshit
      Originally posted by t-rogdor
      dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
      Originally posted by smartdude1212
      I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

      Comment

      • psychoangel691
        Retired Staff
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2004
        • 10438

        #318
        Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

        1st and foremost, JX asked for quick judgments this time not so much notes.
        Originally posted by jimerax
        Notes:

        - Quick judgements are needed this time, since we want to put some easy files in regular releases.
        - Detailed judgement notes are NOT needed this time, only simple ones are ok. If you don't have enough time, judgement notes are not needed (quicker is better).
        You all complain that you want to see if your files made it and can't stand waiting, but then if we do quick judgements or skip around to save time you all complain as well. Normal batches get 3 or 4 weeks to judge and since we're in teams its usually only around 25 files this was 53.


        Originally posted by yo man im awesome
        Well, I'm not angry that I didn't make it. I'm just angry I couldn't be properly judged. I want to hear what A.J and Kayla thought of the file, not the sync.
        Take a read of the OP of the queue batch discussion thread. Being that offsync is grounds for immed rejection. I don't have the time to sync up people's charts to judge them. I don't play favorites to anyone if I were to sync yours up for you to judge it then I'd have to do it for every person which could lead to a bunch of people sending in offsync files which we wouldn't have the time nor would want to fix the sync on to judge. It's different if it's a slight mistake this was like the notes were no where near the music at all.

        EDIT: I really don't know why niala would tell you to do that. I've gotten files from him several times and they've never been offsync like this.

        Originally posted by emulord
        If it makes you feel better, I got a - and a < from the notes being blue :/
        Regardless of bns I thought the other chart was better either way.
        Last edited by psychoangel691; 06-10-2011, 03:21 PM.
        Originally posted by Charu
        My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
        Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
        Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

        Comment

        • bmah
          shots FIRED
          Profile Moderator
          FFR Simfile Author
          Global Moderator
          • Oct 2003
          • 8448

          #319
          Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

          Colored arrow gimmicks are risky because you can't expect the person playing the song to appreciate them. hi19 originally stepped Pretty Green Onions all in green arrows and it was rejected.

          Comment

          • psychoangel691
            Retired Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2004
            • 10438

            #320
            Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

            I can appreciate color gimmicks but I did think the other file was better plus wasn't sure if the bns was intentional or a mistake.
            Originally posted by Charu
            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

            Comment

            • MaxGhost
              FFR Veteran
              • Feb 2008
              • 2141

              #321
              Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

              Originally posted by psychoangel691
              EDIT: I really don't know why niala would tell you to do that. I've gotten files from him several times and they've never been offsync like this.
              lol Niala sent me a file last week and it was intentionally 0.4s offsync. O_o

              Comment

              • nois-or-e
                SponCon Aficionado
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2007
                • 3250

                #322
                Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                what happens with the > judgements?

                Comment

                • Niala
                  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 1697

                  #323
                  Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                  Originally posted by MaxGhost
                  lol Niala sent me a file last week and it was intentionally 0.4s offsync. O_o
                  My offset is naturally 0.04s later than other players, that's where I find it more comfortable to play. I was working with YMIA on his chart before he submitted it, and it's possible that he didn't change the offset back to proper after having me play it. If so, I'll accept responsibility, I should have thought better of sending it over to him with my natural offset as opposed to the standard. However, I would like to note that I always make an effort to reset offsets before I send out files, so this might be completely irrelevant.
                  Last edited by Niala; 06-10-2011, 04:09 PM.

                  Comment

                  • psychoangel691
                    Retired Staff
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 10438

                    #324
                    Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                    0.04 is negligible where as Yo man I'm awesome's was 2.974 off. Big difference.
                    Originally posted by Charu
                    My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                    Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                    Comment

                    • bmah
                      shots FIRED
                      Profile Moderator
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      Global Moderator
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 8448

                      #325
                      Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                      Offsets slightly differ from one computer to another, or even within the same computer, depending on what setup you're using.

                      For instance, my laptop's offset is different from the old desktop I used to work on. But the offset is also different when I plug my earbuds/headphones into the laptop and work from there. Similarly, if you got a different keyboard that has thicker keys, that'll also affect the timing of the arrows you press - according to your fingers and reaction.

                      Nevertheless, if the timing is so far off that it's unplayable, that file can be rejected. I think it should be fairly obvious when the timing's blatantly incorrect, so it's your own responsibility to fix that. @yo man im awesome: use your own judgment

                      Comment

                      • nois-or-e
                        SponCon Aficionado
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 3250

                        #326
                        Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                        Originally posted by nois-or-e
                        what happens with the > judgements?

                        Comment

                        • bmah
                          shots FIRED
                          Profile Moderator
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          Global Moderator
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 8448

                          #327
                          Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                          The < and > judgments were deemed ineffective a while ago, and they're only used optionally now. Those symbols alone are not proper ratings anymore. Some reviews use them as an additional descriptor at most.

                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #328
                            Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                            Originally posted by bmah
                            Offsets slightly differ from one computer to another, or even within the same computer, depending on what setup you're using.

                            For instance, my laptop's offset is different from the old desktop I used to work on. But the offset is also different when I plug my earbuds/headphones into the laptop and work from there. Similarly, if you got a different keyboard that has thicker keys, that'll also affect the timing of the arrows you press - according to your fingers and reaction.

                            Nevertheless, if the timing is so far off that it's unplayable, that file can be rejected. I think it should be fairly obvious when the timing's blatantly incorrect, so it's your own responsibility to fix that. @yo man im awesome: use your own judgment
                            I used to have massive offset issues when trying to sync up to an ITG dedicab from SM (sometimes as much as 110ms), so I understand how bad it can be. That's why I've just started using DDream because it provides consistent sync since you are able to physically see waveforms of the song, and times in comparison to the line/waveforms that you want - these don't change between computers, either.

                            But yeah, in instances like that, it's just too much.

                            Originally posted by bmah
                            The < and > judgments were deemed ineffective a while ago, and they're only used optionally now. Those symbols alone are not proper ratings anymore. Some reviews use them as an additional descriptor at most.
                            Oh, I forgot about this; should I readjust my ratings as such? If so:

                            Above the Clouds
                            (nois-or-e)
                            Rating: [+.]

                            Skate or Die
                            (emulord)
                            Light - [+?]
                            Beginner - [+?]
                            Last edited by TC_Halogen; 06-10-2011, 04:26 PM.

                            Comment

                            • psychoangel691
                              Retired Staff
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2004
                              • 10438

                              #329
                              Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                              Originally posted by bmah
                              The < and > judgments were deemed ineffective a while ago, and they're only used optionally now. Those symbols alone are not proper ratings anymore. Some reviews use them as an additional descriptor at most.

                              I didn't know about this. They're still on the OP of the queue batch discussion thread.
                              Originally posted by Charu
                              My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                              Originally posted by DaBackpack
                              also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                              Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                              Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                              Comment

                              • nois-or-e
                                SponCon Aficionado
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Mar 2007
                                • 3250

                                #330
                                Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                                so my 15/NA/14 stands true, great...

                                still stumps me that all mine were perfect on sync (which is obv hard for others to do >_<)
                                would fixing the blue notes in the ending make any difference for 45, or am I wasting my time?

                                Comment

                                Working...