Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Closed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 00Razor00
    FFR Player
    • Jul 2006
    • 3530

    #286
    Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

    Moment of truth :333


    Originally posted by t-rogdor
    hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

    Comment

    • jimerax
      ★★★★★
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Nov 2003
      • 8185

      #287
      Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

      20/20 - 4
      19/20 - 10
      18/20 - 8
      (and 1 14/15).

      These ones will be accepted, if they don't have critical issues.

      We have like 10 16-17s/20 and files that contain <, those files will go to the 2nd stage.
      I'll review the accepted files and do final check.

      Comment

      • bmah
        shots FIRED
        Profile Moderator
        FFR Simfile Author
        Global Moderator
        • Oct 2003
        • 8448

        #288
        Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

        Notes are now posted!
        Last edited by bmah; 06-10-2011, 02:27 PM.

        Comment

        • bmah
          shots FIRED
          Profile Moderator
          FFR Simfile Author
          Global Moderator
          • Oct 2003
          • 8448

          #289
          Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

          p.s. personal opinion Niala, but I think you're missing the point on some songs when you say "undersaturated" or "underlayered"

          Comment

          • Niala
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2007
            • 1697

            #290
            Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

            I look at it like this: Simfiling should be about making arrows to music, if something has a lot of sounds to it and just a single arrow every quarter note you're not representing the music very well. idc if this is an easy batch if something's missing, then something's missing.

            P.s. bed time night

            Comment

            • Reshiram
              The Vast White Note
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2011
              • 1224

              #291
              Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

              Make sure we add a full list of the approved files if you could, please, once Jimerax makes the narrowing.

              And AJ, permission granted to fix the syncs on my songs wherever necessary. :3

              Comment

              • cry4eternity
                ~ added for cuteness
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2007
                • 979

                #292
                Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                Awww yeah 19 and 18 . The only non-pluses came from Gundam-Dude >_<.

                I'm retired

                Comment

                • TC_Halogen
                  Rhythm game specialist.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 19376

                  #293
                  Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                  Originally posted by Niala
                  I look at it like this: Simfiling should be about making arrows to music, if something has a lot of sounds to it and just a single arrow every quarter note you're not representing the music very well. idc if this is an easy batch if something's missing, then something's missing.

                  P.s. bed time night
                  I tend to look at it similarly to this, but not entirely at density. Basically, I want variation when the song calls for it. If the song doesn't make for much variation, then I look for subtle changes in patterns, or notable differences in pattern structure, etc.

                  Comment

                  • 00Razor00
                    FFR Player
                    • Jul 2006
                    • 3530

                    #294
                    Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                    Ooh nice. 18/20. Tbh, I thought Gundam-Dude was gonna wreck me rofl

                    Thanks for the notes judges.


                    Originally posted by t-rogdor
                    hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

                    Comment

                    • MaxGhost
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 2141

                      #295
                      Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                      17/20, 14/20, 12/20

                      :/

                      Comment

                      • bmah
                        shots FIRED
                        Profile Moderator
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        Global Moderator
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 8448

                        #296
                        Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                        Originally posted by MaxGhost
                        17/20, 14/20, 12/20

                        :/


                        good time to check this out!

                        Comment

                        • championanwar
                          Ask Nuro! x3
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Jun 2004
                          • 2588

                          #297
                          Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                          Another file queued for me! Wooo yeaaaah!

                          Originally posted by aperson
                          all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
                          aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
                          aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
                          Click Here

                          Comment

                          • Plan_Bsk81127
                            snooches
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 6420

                            #298
                            Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                            lol got 17/20, not bad I guess for a song I just found sitting on my SM stepped from who knows how long ago. XD


                            At least the other two songs I had people step got in, mainly all I cared about.

                            Comment

                            • OneHandNow
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 5305

                              #299
                              Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                              Funny

                              I guess my stepping skills went up..

                              Got 5/20, 5/20..

                              Then my last file got 19/20!

                              Awesome sauce!

                              Comment

                              • MarioNintendo
                                Expect delays.
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 4181

                                #300
                                Re: Easy Song Special Batch - Submission Open

                                19/20 and 19/20 for me, I wasn't expecting so much! 0_0

                                I noticed that comment from Niala which said: "I'm sad to say I expected a bit better from you (...)". I think you should not be biased upon my previous files and just judge the file as it is. This just begins to sound too subjective for a judge, in my opinion. My creations should be looked upon the same as everyone else, not with greater expectations or more forgiveness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at you for giving me a +. at all! That sentence just made me realize that. While my previous files might be great (21/20 comes to mind), it might also have been a strike of luck. I am not the perfect stepper, I constantly do my best to learn and find new ways of stepping!

                                tl;dr: I also have the right to submit crap and not get away with it, just like everyone else.

                                Still, thanks to every judge for the feedback, Niala included, of course!! I'll try my best to send fixes over the month of June.
                                Last edited by MarioNintendo; 06-10-2011, 07:54 AM.
                                Long live the arcade!

                                Comment

                                Working...