Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DossarLX ODI
    Batch Manager
    Game Manager
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2008
    • 15013

    #601
    Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

    Pitch relevancy is overrated honestly. It has more of an effect on calmer files that are following the most prominent melody -- on harder files, it just makes patterns messy most of the time.

    Also, Turbo is a no-nonsense file. It's not one of those "jack difficulty spike" files; the jacks are everywhere.
    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

    Comment

    • MarioNintendo
      Expect delays.
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Mar 2008
      • 4181

      #602
      Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

      Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
      Pitch relevancy is overrated honestly. It has more of an effect on calmer files that are following the most prominent melody -- on harder files, it just makes patterns messy most of the time.
      I'm totally against that way of thinking and find this statement only to be an easy way out for those too lazy to figure out how to follow pitch in a dense chart. There is ALWAYS a way to step something relevant to your song's pitch without having to be "messy", it is only a matter of finding it and incorporating it to your chart.

      A song that follows PR while managing not to be obnoxious will always feel more relevant to the song than an "abstract-ish PR" or whatever you'd call it.
      Long live the arcade!

      Comment

      • James May
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2012
        • 3817

        #603
        Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        Turbo
        6/7/8/8/9 = 7.6
        Notes:
        MFW THIS GOT ACCEPTED LMFAO YOU ARE ALL FUCKED
        huzzah, a d6 file that plays to my strength \o/ now to hope that it does not get fucked by framers conversion once its on fiffer (rain)
        bananas


        Comment

        • One Winged Angel
          Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2007
          • 10837

          #604
          Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

          it's almost exactly 150bpm so all 16ths should be three frames apart

          lol I just played it (was curious), that [14][14][14][14] 222... section go fuck yourself hi19 lmao


          Originally posted by ilikexd
          i want to be cucked by cirno

          Comment

          • James May
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2012
            • 3817

            #605
            Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

            Originally posted by One Winged Angel
            it's almost exactly 150bpm so all 16ths should be three frames apart
            *whew* Anyhow, I should really get to fixing up mudkip before submitting

            which means having to readjust all the 32nd rolls (or bursts, they're not even long but w/e) & fix up the mini 1-handed trills because the're framerfucked as is @ 140 bpm & the holy batman colour notes intro... (worry)
            bananas


            Comment

            • Choofers
              FFR Player
              FFR Music Producer
              • Dec 2008
              • 6205

              #606
              Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

              Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
              Pitch relevancy is overrated honestly. It has more of an effect on calmer files that are following the most prominent melody -- on harder files, it just makes patterns messy most of the time.
              stay pleb

              Comment

              • Fission
                no
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2004
                • 1850

                #607
                Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

                i don't agree with what you say regarding pitch relevancy either dossar -- you just have to be careful about how you pattern things. it really isn't as hard as you make it seem to have good PR on hard files while still making them playable.
                Last edited by Fission; 09-30-2013, 12:27 PM.

                Comment

                • hi19hi19
                  lol happy
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 12194

                  #608
                  Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

                  Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                  it's almost exactly 150bpm so all 16ths should be three frames apart

                  lol I just played it (was curious), that [14][14][14][14] 222... section go fuck yourself hi19 lmao
                  Yo that is literally the only part with jump jacks dealwithit.gif
                  Honest question though, what would be preferable? I'm not making them 1-handed jacks because that's a huge fucking cop-out, but are [13][23] or [24] preferable to you?


                  Comment

                  • Fission
                    no
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 1850

                    #609
                    Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

                    Rob's Jimmies:
                    ☑ Rustled
                    ☐ Unrustled

                    Comment

                    • hi19hi19
                      lol happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 12194

                      #610
                      Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

                      They call me Jimmy Rustler


                      Comment

                      • One Winged Angel
                        Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 10837

                        #611
                        Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

                        [24] into a down jack is arguably harder to score on since that down jack is gonna last for fucking ever, I'd just keep it as is. I'm just salty because I suck at two handed jumpjacks


                        Originally posted by ilikexd
                        i want to be cucked by cirno

                        Comment

                        • Tidus810
                          slimy, yet ... satisfying
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2007
                          • 1244

                          #612
                          Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

                          fml... I don't really have the time to stay on and figure this out, but I have no idea why Prequel to the Sequel had a "colored" and improperly synced ending. I used ddream for the whole thing and did nothing different at any point, and had straight 16ths and triplets through to the end...... :\

                          ???
                          edit: this is what the very end of the file looks like on my end


                          Last edited by Tidus810; 09-30-2013, 04:31 PM.

                          Comment

                          • DossarLX ODI
                            Batch Manager
                            Game Manager
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 15013

                            #613
                            Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

                            Tidus I'm not sure what happened but this is what the ending looked like on the judges' end

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                            Comment

                            • mi40
                              ᅠ
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 3655

                              #614
                              Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

                              dossar i think your ddream has a slight problem as you seem to mention syncing errors on most of my files (being early by XX seconds) when on everyone else's end the syncs are totally fine

                              Comment

                              • Fission
                                no
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 1850

                                #615
                                Re: Hard Song Special Batch [Aug 2013] (Submissions Closed)

                                your files didn't have any sync errors from what i saw. i definitely would have pointed it out if they did.

                                if you are referring to the specific image he posted, i took that one actually. there was definitely something wrong with the submission for prequel.

                                Comment

                                Working...