Old 08-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #241
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Permissions List and Information v8

Secured two additional permissions: The Brooklyn Duo and Elemer.

For The Brooklyn Duo, similar conditions apply with Emile Pandolfi:

For Elemer, I received permissions to step Adrenalina which will be submitted to the Sept/Oct 2020 batch.

Last edited by WirryWoo; 08-28-2020 at 08:45 AM..
WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2020, 01:00 PM   #242
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It seems that we are able to use Mitchie M's music for FFR. Mitchie M is a Vocaloid artist well-known for his works that tune Miku and other Vocaloids to generate singing that is quite realistic and human-like.

On the page for the inquiry form on his official website, it says the following:

This translates to:
Quote:
Regarding inquiries about song usage, if
1) the purpose is nonprofit
2) you receive no fees from the listeners or audience, and
3) no compensation is paid to the performers,
you may use the songs freely, and no inquiry through this form is necessary.

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
kjwkjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2020, 01:45 PM   #243
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwkjw View Post
It seems that we are able to use Mitchie M's music for FFR. Mitchie M is a Vocaloid artist well-known for his works that tune Miku and other Vocaloids to generate singing that is quite realistic and human-like.

On the page for the inquiry form on his official website, it says the following:

This translates to:
For reference on this, should we probably avoid the Project Mirai / Project Diva songs due to them having some sort of deal for the games they're in?

I know you're no expert but probably something that should be addressed sooner than later

Also awesome pick up regardless.

Last edited by XelNya; 09-7-2020 at 01:45 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2020, 08:50 PM   #244
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Secured another permission from Hedegaard. Awesome music. I redacted the download link containing all of his music which he kindly sent to me in the email. If you are interested in stepping one of his songs, feel free to ask me for the .mp3 file.

WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:18 AM   #245
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Rasmus Hedegaard makes excellent music but in my mind and probably many others, he is cursed forever to be "that guy with the Smoke Weed Everyday remix"

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-10-2020 at 11:18 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:35 AM   #246
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Geoxor Blanket Permissions!

Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 09-21-2020 at 09:36 AM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:00 PM   #247
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Blanket and Limited Artist Permissions (M-Z) v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
Rainbowdragoneyes [ Chiptune / Metal / Dance ] [Permission Revoked: 09/14/2020]
Quoted from the OP for visibility.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-5-2020, 11:20 AM   #248
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
idiot

hidden machine perms!

dibs on strength v1 <3
Old 10-21-2020, 02:04 AM   #249
RadiantVibe
PUNKTURE DERBY
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If anyone wants to use my music go for it

https://soundcloud.com/sspenst

Let me know if you want an mp3 for anything
RadiantVibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:06 PM   #250
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Currently making everything up-to-date and will update this post whenever something is missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post
I'm discussing with Toni Leys about a potential limited permission. [...]
As I understand it, the permission is not final, but keep us informed if you have any clearer response by Toni Leys about what is allowed to use. I've added Toni in the list with a mention to ask directly before using any songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
https://www.bmsoffighters.net/bofxvi/rule.html
Might be worth including with BMSofFighters 'open source' permission, to avoid another long 2-day discussion on validity of 'open source' permissions in the future.

Stuff sent into BMSofFighters isn't necessarily free to use via copyright, but it requires that the file uploaded can be redistributed by pretty much everyone without changes. It's still being discussed and trying to reach out to see what others think about BMS music and its validity in permissions as a whole.
Been wanting to add The BMS of Fighters but haven't been able to figure out where to find and how to explain the validity of the permission and I recall multiple conversations at some point about that. Gonna have to do some more research before adding.

edit : Was missing some earlier permissions in the thread (but not on the wiki), those were added. Everything is up to date as of now.

Last edited by noname219; 10-23-2020 at 06:08 PM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:04 PM   #251
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
As I understand it, the permission is not final, but keep us informed if you have any clearer response by Toni Leys about what is allowed to use. I've added Toni in the list with a mention to ask directly before using any songs.
The case for Toni Leys is currently "no reply" since the last screenshot, but I have sent a reminder email and am waiting for further info. Until then, I suggest not having it listed as "ask to use songs" since there is nothing confirmed.

Last edited by Ghost_Medley; 10-23-2020 at 09:04 PM..
Ghost_Medley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:53 PM   #252
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Been wanting to add The BMS of Fighters but haven't been able to figure out where to find and how to explain the validity of the permission and I recall multiple conversations at some point about that. Gonna have to do some more research before adding.
Keep it as-is. Although, it should be updated to reflect that it's not permissions based on the music being open source. I believe it's getting treated as the 'takedown' option atm. People can submit BMSofFighters-specific music still, but if the music authors ask FFR to take them down, then they come down. No different to if we have permissions already from someone currently, and they decide to revoke their own permissions later. This is why they're still treated as permission. If we take down BMSofFighters-related content completely, then it means hundreds of songs will become disabled.

Currently, if you want music from other BMS-related venues, then you should provide proof that either the event host requires the submissions to be royalty free/CC permission'd/etc., or the venue host requires events to agree to something similar.

It's still heavily in the works however. We have permission from the person running BMSofFighters, but beyond actual exclaimers & some stuff that changes based on translation (It's in JP, not Eng), it's not a informed conclusion on the subject. I've contacted Synthlight about it, but not much on the table as of late.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:20 AM   #253
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Hey guys, I'm involved in two music projects, and you guys have full permission to use any current and upcoming songs from the following two handles (PM me if you need any mp3s):

Bligh (Indie Pop/Rock): https://www.blighband.com/
11:51 (Alternative/Ballad): https://www.facebook.com/1151official
Old 10-25-2020, 06:23 AM   #254
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Also, what are legalities surrounding artists we have permission for releasing cover songs of other artists that we don't?
Old 10-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #255
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
Also, what are legalities surrounding artists we have permission for releasing cover songs of other artists that we don't?
cover songs are someone's own interpretation of a previously existing work (like a remix), of which there are many in FFR whom we have permissions for, but not the original work.

As long as you're using the cover or remix, and not the original if we don't have permission for the original. Not to be mistaken with reproducing the original work.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 10-25-2020 at 09:47 AM..
Old 10-25-2020, 01:59 PM   #256
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
cover songs are someone's own interpretation of a previously existing work (like a remix), of which there are many in FFR whom we have permissions for, but not the original work.

As long as you're using the cover or remix, and not the original if we don't have permission for the original. Not to be mistaken with reproducing the original work.
There's of course an exception to this, the cover must keep the same lyrics. A translation for example while keeping the same arrangements would be deemed a substantial change (derivative work) and would require permission from the original copyright holder.

Remixes are something else, by law, you need to get permission from the copyright holder (and in our case, to use it in-game).
In the case of remixes, if we don't have permission from the original artist, *technically* we could receive cease and desist letters. There's some leeway since we are non-profit.

The key word here is "derivative work" :
a work based upon one or more preexisting works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed, or adapted. A work consisting of editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications which, as a whole, represent an original work of authorship, is a "derivative work.
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:41 AM   #257
gold stinger

Quote:
There's of course an exception to this, the cover must keep the same lyrics. A translation for example while keeping the same arrangements would be deemed a substantial change (derivative work) and would require permission from the original copyright holder.

Remixes are something else, by law, you need to get permission from the copyright holder (and in our case, to use it in-game).
In the case of remixes, if we don't have permission from the original artist, *technically* we could receive cease and desist letters. There's some leeway since we are non-profit.

The key word here is "derivative work" :
a work based upon one or more preexisting works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed, or adapted. A work consisting of editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications which, as a whole, represent an original work of authorship, is a "derivative work.
Was on the assumption that the person we had permissions for was blanket permission unless otherwise stated (as they usually do regarding stuff like this), but yes. This as well.

We can go down a crazy rabbit hole about what is / isn't 'derivative work' and what is fair game on 'remixes'. But without making the breakdown on what is / isn't usable complicated, it's ok as long as it's blanket permissions, or there's no restrictions on the content they've made. Creative Commons permissions are OK, as long as they don't have a ND (No Derivatives) extension to the license, unless the version of the license is 1.0. (99% of people use 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0 licenses now, because 1.0 is massively outdated due to a flaw, so good luck finding one.)

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 10-26-2020 at 02:26 PM..
Old 11-1-2020, 12:32 AM   #258
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
idiot

https://i.imgur.com/YJp7iWg.png

hidden machine perms!
Old 11-11-2020, 04:01 PM   #259
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Zeppy perms get ! (a creator from Clone Hero)
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:00 PM   #260
gold stinger

Minecraft asset (audio) permissions under these guidelines:

- NOT make people think that you or what you are doing is official; approved or endorsed by us; or associated or connected with us;
- NOT be unlawful, deceptive, obscene, harmful or disparaging;
- NOT take action that would harm or damage any of our Brands or any of our Assets;
- NOT include anything else around it that makes people think that you or what you are doing is official; approved or endorsed by us; or associated or connected with us;

- do so in a way that honestly and fairly describes those things or the purpose of them;
- ensure that the Name (which includes any confusingly similar name) is not the first word, doesn't use any - other aspect of any of our Brands or Assets as part of any related branding, including as or as part of any logo;
- make it clear that the product is unofficial and not from Minecraft or approved by Minecraft.

tl;dr
- credit the music author, not Minecraft
- can't promote the game as "having music from Minecraft" or implying partnership or official ties with Minecraft
- can't use their content as promotion for the game itself

Follow those, and you can technically use Minecraft's music in-game, since Minecraft is ok with its use in non-commercial ventures under these guidelines. Can read more about it here. https://account.mojang.com/documents/brand_guidelines

- Tosh 2014