Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2022, 04:00 PM   #1
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Global Leaderboard v3 Changes

General thread to discuss upcoming changes to the leaderboards.

Details here:
https://www.flashflashrevolution.com/?p=4890
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 05:07 PM   #2
sff_writer_dan
FFR Player

Default Re: Global Leaderboard v3 Changes

Huzzah!
sff_writer_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 05:12 PM   #3
Josemba
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hype
Josemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 05:30 PM   #4
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Cool changes. I'm curious if I get to keep my D7 forum group thing after the change as well as everyone else that is possibly getting bumped down a division from it.
Old 09-16-2022, 06:48 PM   #5
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Time to see how I compare to a couple friends/rivals. Very excited for october and these to come into effect!
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:44 PM   #6
Zlyice
Slightly unpronounceable
Lead Difficulty Consultant
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Time to see how I compare to a couple friends/rivals. Very excited for october and these to come into effect!
Old 09-16-2022, 08:37 PM   #7
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
In regards to a recently released song, Heartbreak Furry Fandom will be moving from a public file into a new token and have a song difficulty of 0. This token will be for achieving a AAA on a song with a difficulty of 102+.
Ah, it was indeed too early
RIP

As usual, all the files I put the most effort into hidden where nobody can play them. I'm not even surprised at this point.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-16-2022 at 08:37 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:45 PM   #8
hi19hi19
lol happy

"hi19hi19 please fix this file for us and make it a little harder we're going to put it in as a 120 and it will be perfect for a tournament release"
"haha you put 12 hours of extra work into it and it turns out it wasn't a perfect tournament release, we lied to you for fun about the difficulty we wanted and now the people you designed the file for hate it"
"at least it's cool that people can play a really hard file on downrates and enjoy the spectacle of how insane it is, right? yeah we're going to make sure only like 10 people can play it from now on, get fucked"

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-16-2022 at 08:57 PM..
Old 09-16-2022, 09:01 PM   #9
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
"hi19hi19 please fix this file for us we're going to put it in as a 120 and it will be perfect for a tournament release"
"haha you put 12 hours of extra work into it and it turns out it wasn't a perfect tournament release, we lied to you for fun about the difficulty we wanted and now the people you designed the file for hate it"
"at least it's cool that people can play a really hard file on downrates and enjoy the spectacle of how insane it is, right? yeah we're going to make sure only like 10 people can play it from now on, get fucked"
If I were you I'd be honored that people went up to me to try and design a novelty file that breaks the barriers of comfort FFR has been constrained to for so long. It's sad to read this from a well known and respected stepartist. While I understand that some people do not like their file being rewards for tokens (and that the batch's checkboxes for release types should be respected), I can't help but feel like it's a good step in the direction of encouraging more top end players to participate on FFR and have their own, non-trivial achievements to go for.

Your file may not have been the greatest 120 there could ever be, but I'd be very damn surprised if even a handful of other stepartists could have managed to pull off a chart of this difficulty that is actually thought through. Kudos to you cornman, and I hope this doesn't deter you from contributing more awesome content to this game.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:15 PM   #10
sff_writer_dan
FFR Player

Quote:
"hi19hi19 please fix this file for us and make it a little harder we're going to put it in as a 120 and it will be perfect for a tournament release"
#FreeHeartbreakFurryFandom
sff_writer_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:25 PM   #11
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
I hope this doesn't deter you from contributing more awesome content to this game.
If this were the only recent issue, or the first time I've had a file I was super excited about get token-ized, I could ignore it, but rest assured I have of late been quite thoroughly deterred.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:34 PM   #12
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

Quote:
If this were the only recent issue, or the first time I've had a file I was super excited about get token-ized, I could ignore it, but rest assured I have of late been quite thoroughly deterred.
While I'm not staff nor do I know the discussions you've had with staff, I'm honestly a bit confused as to how this file got tokenized if you're so against it to begin with. Have you not considered that this would possibly happen? If you did, have you explicitly told staff you didn't want it to happen (again)?

This whole situation is somewhat weird imo, especially since there's now explicit consent in batch submission for release type. You don't have to explain yourself, but I personally cannot understand your point if you don't.

Again though, you have lots of excellent files ingame, and I'd very much love to see more of them.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:53 PM   #13
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

FFR Staff as a whole discussed on generally what they'd like to see happen with HFF, and recapped our thoughts in-part of a 5 and a half hour long staff meeting. TL;DR the thoughts of it were:

Quote:
in terms of difficulty:
40% of people say it's 0.
20% of people say it's 120 (based on the system provided, where we won't be making stuff harder than 120 to make room for HFF).
40% of people say it's 130-140 and room should be made.

in terms of what to do:
45%-ish of people would like it as D8 token.
25%-ish of people would like it removed from the game.
30% of people would like to keep it as-is.
Considering we have no plans to move out of a 120 system and would like to keep the file in-game, 0 difficulty as D8 token was the highest rated general answer.

It wasn't majority for either one though, and is a divisive topic. There is no pleasing everyone in this.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:56 PM   #14
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
FFR Staff as a whole discussed on generally what they'd like to see happen with HFF, and recapped our thoughts in-part of a 5 and a half hour long staff meeting. TL;DR the thoughts of it were:

[numbers...]

Considering we have no plans to move out of a 120 system and would like to keep the file in-game, 0 difficulty as D8 token was the highest rated general answer.

It wasn't majority for either one though, and is a divisive topic. There is no pleasing everyone in this.
And how many of these voting staff members were aware of Hi19's explicit past disappointment of his charts being tokenized?

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 09-16-2022 at 09:57 PM..
Old 09-16-2022, 10:02 PM   #15
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
And how many of these voting staff members were aware of Hi19's explicit past disappointment of his charts being tokenized?
I don't think that was even a factor in deciding on it or discussing it, as it was never brought up during discussion, and doing so would probably introduce selective bias/treatment bias comparative to songs that undergo the same process.

This was a general 'across all staff' weigh-in. Not just judges or anybody whom could've known about that concern.

Personally if I had my say in it, I argued hard to keep it as 120 and in-game as-is, but I was the unpopular vote.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-16-2022 at 10:04 PM..
Old 09-16-2022, 10:09 PM   #16
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

Tbqh, this saddens me quite a bit. Sounds like 1-way cooperation between the stepartist, who dedicated significant effort to help provide a D8 finals chart, and staff, who then did what they wanted with said chart on a vote based off of what, 15 or so people?

Really seems like the least that could've been done is let Hi19's opinion on the matter be heard by staff. It's not bias, it's respecting one of the greatest stepartists FFR has had, who's put in extra effort when asked to do so.

EDIT: Unless somehow someone manages to get any equiv from it (which literally only includes Kane mayyybe in the foreseeable future), there's absolutely no objective issue in keeping the file public. Especially when the stepartist didn't give consent for it.

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 09-16-2022 at 10:12 PM..
Old 09-16-2022, 11:18 PM   #17
hi19hi19
lol happy

To be clear, nobody would have even had to ask me what I preferred for the file, because I made it VERY clear from the start in my submission that I wanted it to be a public file:
https://www.flashflashrevolution.com.../batch/?id=718
The words "token," "secret," and "purchased" are very intentionally missing from that page.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-16-2022 at 11:19 PM..
Old 09-16-2022, 11:37 PM   #18
Josemba
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

#FreeHeartbreakFurryFandom
Josemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 11:55 PM   #19
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
To be clear, nobody would have even had to ask me what I preferred for the file, because I made it VERY clear from the start in my submission that I wanted it to be a public file:
https://www.flashflashrevolution.com.../batch/?id=718
The words "token," "secret," and "purchased" are very intentionally missing from that page.
The tags you selected wasn't something that was mentioned during our staff meeting which was a failure on our part. Given that you don't want the file locked behind a token I'll converse with staff about what to do given as a token won't be an option.

For the time being I'll remove mention of the HFF changes from the post.
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 11:58 PM   #20
gold stinger

The other option is to remove the song completely, which seems like that might be a viable option if the file can't be used as a token.

- Tosh 2014