Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 10-3-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
foop101
FFR Player

Default [Pad] Stamina Showcase 3 Simfile Tournament Announcement

Hey Everyone! Announcing Stamina Showcase 3, the third iteration of the stamina community's simfile competition with an opportunity for contestants to win real, monetary prizes.

Like the last two events, there are qualifiers as well as a final round. Details on how to submit as well as the NEW RULE SET SPECIFIC TO THIS EVENT can be found on the event's website: https://staminanation.com/stamina-showcase-2020/ Thanks Pluto for the art and thanks Archi for helping make the prize pool bigger!

The qualifying round ends 4 weeks from today, October 31st, so it's important to start thinking about what you want to step now if you plan on entering. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any of the event judges, Archi, Janus5k, Rems, and StoryTime. Looking forward to seeing some great stamina charts!
Old 10-4-2020, 05:39 AM   #2
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: [Pad] Stamina Showcase 3 Simfile Tournament Announcement

I literally fail at stepping pad/index. Here's hoping some others in the community here might look at it as an opportunity to progress their charting skills.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-4-2020, 06:19 AM   #3
CammyGoesRawr
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran

oh shit hi sam

i keep saying i'll do something for this, i'll see what i can whip up

CammyGoesRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #4
foop101
FFR Player

Hey all, just reminding people we are two weeks (aka halfway) out until the Stamina Showcase 3 submission deadline. If you wanted to submit and haven't started yet, now might be a good time to do so. Good luck and happy stepping!
Old 05-7-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
foop101
FFR Player

THE TIME IS FINALLY HERE:
Stamina Showcase 3 Judging is Finalized! We just need to place files to a name.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Here is a list of the submissions for the event. Please message in this thread or DM me directly which submission(s) were yours as well as what your tag is. You have 48 hours to claim your file, otherwise you will be disqualified from the event.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:27 PM   #6
foop101
FFR Player

Thank you everyone for your profound patience in waiting for the results for Stamina Showcase 3! Without further ado, here are the results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The final input for the results came at an awful time for me as I have a term paper for a graduate class due tomorrow, but I have done my best to compile the results and get them back to you. I will try to add things such as Trivia from the first round on the 2nd of December. I triple-checked everything, but please let me know if you encounter something on the document you feel is misrepresentative of the results.

As a reminder, for the final round, the stepartists created files in two separate buckets: 200+ BPM and and 199- BPM. Each of these buckets were then weighted by the top score in the bucket (i.e. if the top score for the upper division was 150, a 150 would be a 100, but if the top score for the lower division was 130, a 130 would be a 100), and then averaged to get a finals score. Like in the original rules, this finals score was then given a weight with the score the entrant got in the qualifiers at an 80/20 split (finals*0.8 + qualifiers*0.2). I like to think this approach led to a more interesting final round.

I want to congratulate ITGAlex, Tuuc, and Zaia for placing the top 3 in the event! Prizes will be sent out in a couple days when I am less busy.

I also want to especially thank our judges, Archi, Rems, StoryTime and Janus5k, as without them this event wouldn't be possible. Judging is more work and more thankless than people expect, so make sure to thank the judges as well.

Speaking of which, I want to single out feedbacker, who during the qualifying round donated !!!!!!1000!!!!!!! dollars to the efforts of the judges. That is insane generosity and I, along with the judges, can't thank him enough. They weren't the only person who donated to the judges' time and effort (thank you, everyone, we really appreciate it), but they deserve special recognition. Donations will be sent over to the judges in a couple of days.

The final pack will be released soon. I still have to compile any revisions and I have to ask finalists things regarding preview music + step artist fields and that'll take a couple of days. In the meantime, all files are fair game to be released.

I also want to talk about the event moving forward, but this will again have to wait until later in the week. In the meantime, enjoy!