Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MalReynolds
    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
    • Sep 2003
    • 6571

    #31
    Douglas Adams, before he died, wrote the romance into the script to make the film more appealing and to add conflict that would make the movie more watchable.

    Mal
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


    My new novel:

    Maledictions: The Offering.

    Now in Paperback!

    Comment

    • The_Q
      FFR Player
      • May 2004
      • 4391

      #32
      RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

      Hitchhiker's Guide was, simply put, great for those who read the book and great for those who didn't. If you have a sense of humor, go see it. Then pray that the sequel comes soon.

      Q

      Comment

      • lightdarkness
        Summer!!
        • Jul 2003
        • 11310

        #33
        RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

        Some entertainment show said last night that if this does well, the others will go into production.

        Comment

        • The_Q
          FFR Player
          • May 2004
          • 4391

          #34
          RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

          They damn well better.

          Q

          Comment

          • jewpinthethird
            (The Fat's Sabobah)
            FFR Music Producer
            • Nov 2002
            • 11711

            #35
            RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

            I just got back from the watching it, and overall, it was grand. I was kind of disappointed at some of the omissions, such as pretty much the entire beginning of the book. And I wasnt a big fan of the Vogan-planet addition. But really, those were the only things I didnt like. Everything else was good.

            Of course the book will always be better. So, that set aside, it was a great movie, and I cant wait for the sequels.

            Comment

            • cristalrayn
              FFR Player
              • May 2004
              • 3

              #36
              I liked it...I saw it today. It has alot of satire in it for humor, though.

              Unfortunately, I can't compare it to the book, I've never read it.

              Comment

              • jewpinthethird
                (The Fat's Sabobah)
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2002
                • 11711

                #37
                I forgot to mention that the cast is absolutely superb. Everyone fit the part perfectly. And the actress who plays Trillian is insanely cute.

                Comment

                • lightdarkness
                  Summer!!
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 11310

                  #38
                  I love the voice of Martin

                  A+

                  Comment

                  • Brainmaster07
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 2891

                    #39
                    Martin was just plain awesome.

                    Great movie.

                    Comment

                    • User6773

                      #40
                      Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

                      Originally posted by lightdarkness
                      Some entertainment show said last night that if this does well, the others will go into production.
                      QFT about every movie ever made.

                      It's about money.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #41
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

                        I thought it was ok. Arthur and Trillian weren't that great (esp trillian), but Zaphod was awesome. The whole time I was watching I was going "It looks like Owen Wilson, it talks like Owen Wilson, but it isn't Owen Wilson ?!?" Mos Def was just ok.

                        It lost a lot of steam about midway towards the end and the song at the beginning with the dolphins was highly pretty gay.

                        The best part: when arthur and ford are sofas.

                        The worst part: they didn't do a voiceover for the bowl of petunias! It would have been much funnier if they had.

                        Comment

                        • The_Q
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2004
                          • 4391

                          #42
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

                          Ok. So I found something kickass. The last frame of the actual movie is a close up of Douglas Adam's face. I remembered it and checked later. Brilliance!

                          I've had "So Long and Thanks For All the Fish" stuck in my head all weekend.

                          Just got back from seeing it the third time. I brought my towel every time.

                          No, I don't know how I'm not still single. Yes, she brought her towel, too.

                          Q

                          Comment

                          • jewpinthethird
                            (The Fat's Sabobah)
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Nov 2002
                            • 11711

                            #43
                            Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

                            Originally posted by The_Q
                            Ok. So I found something kickass. The last frame of the actual movie is a close up of Douglas Adam's face. I remembered it and checked later. Brilliance!
                            Yeah I noticed that after I say the cover of Douglas Adam's biography at Border's 5 minutes after seeing the movie.

                            I got so pissed off at the end of the movie though. Not because of the film, but because of person sitting behind me. After the final scene, just before the credits when "For Douglas" is displayed, the dumbass behind me blurts out "For Douglas? Who's that?"

                            People are so stupid.

                            Comment

                            • mead1
                              Cerebellumberjack
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 3960

                              #44
                              Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

                              Originally posted by jewpinthethird
                              People are so stupid.
                              Agree'D

                              Comment

                              • blahblah18
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2004
                                • 1662

                                #45
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

                                you are all out of your minds... what an ridiculous piece of crap... alan Rickman (voice of martin) did what he coudl to make it a little enjoyable, and for what it was worth he did well... but seriously, the actress that played trillian should be shot and sent on a 1-way trip to the center of the earth. She may have single-handedly ruined any aspect of the movie. The first 1/3 of the movie was good. When it switched to the put in fake storylines, it tuirned to crap and made me want to cry. It removed EVERY SINGLE GOOD JOKE, and it wasn't even really for time constraints, they just took out all the amazing 1-liners. The only good joke they kept was the sperm whale. What happened to the entry on towers, the proof that god doesn't exist the italian restaurant driving improbability ... everything... now i'm not usualyl one of theose purists that demand everything in a movie that was in a book, but this movie cut EVERYTHING, and there was no real time constraint reason, its not like whole scenes, just great one-line quips that are removed with slightly different lines instead... like where are the infinite monkeys writing shakespeare?

                                Damn, this was so disappointing
                                but for now... postCount++

                                Comment

                                Working...