Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omeganitros
    auauauau
    • Jun 2003
    • 8897

    #16
    Re: RE: Hitchiker

    Originally posted by jewpinthethird
    Originally posted by Omeganitros
    Originally posted by chardish
    Bad news, bears.


    The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy movie is bad. Really bad. You just won't believe how vastly, staggeringly, jaw-droppingly bad it is. I mean, you might think that The Phantom Menace was a hopelessly misguided attempt to reinvent a much-loved franchise by people who, though well-intentioned, completely failed to understand what made the original popular - but that's just peanuts to the Hitchhiker's movie.
    http://www.planetmagrathea.com/shortreview.html
    There is such a thing as a fake review.
    There is such a thing as a rocketship.
    There is such a thing as a "Jewpin, I don't understand. What are you implying?"

    Comment

    • QreepyBORIS
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2003
      • 7454

      #17
      Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

      Originally posted by jcj64200031
      im taking a towel with me to the movie
      That, my friend, is an EXCELLENT IDEA.


      I want to see this. Badly. Bad reviews shall not faze me until I have seen the real thing for myself.

      Signature subject to change.

      THE ZERRRRRG.

      Comment

      • jewpinthethird
        (The Fat's Sabobah)
        FFR Music Producer
        • Nov 2002
        • 11711

        #18
        Re: RE: Hitchiker

        Originally posted by Omeganitros
        Originally posted by jewpinthethird
        Originally posted by Omeganitros
        Originally posted by chardish
        Bad news, bears.


        The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy movie is bad. Really bad. You just won't believe how vastly, staggeringly, jaw-droppingly bad it is. I mean, you might think that The Phantom Menace was a hopelessly misguided attempt to reinvent a much-loved franchise by people who, though well-intentioned, completely failed to understand what made the original popular - but that's just peanuts to the Hitchhiker's movie.
        http://www.planetmagrathea.com/shortreview.html
        There is such a thing as a fake review.
        There is such a thing as a rocketship.
        There is such a thing as a "Jewpin, I don't understand. What are you implying?"
        Shhhh...you'll ruin the mood. Just flow with it.

        Yeah, I am most definently going to go watch H2G2, I dont care what that review says.

        Comment

        • lightdarkness
          Summer!!
          • Jul 2003
          • 11310

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

          Just saw it

          It gets my seal of approval

          Comment

          • jewpinthethird
            (The Fat's Sabobah)
            FFR Music Producer
            • Nov 2002
            • 11711

            #20
            Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

            Originally posted by lightdarkness
            Just saw it

            It gets my seal of approval
            That's all? You dont want to elaborate a little?

            Comment

            • lightdarkness
              Summer!!
              • Jul 2003
              • 11310

              #21
              Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

              Originally posted by jewpinthethird
              Originally posted by lightdarkness
              Just saw it

              It gets my seal of approval
              That's all? You dont want to elaborate a little?
              Sure!

              The movie obviously couldn't touch on all parts of the book, due to time constraints, but it got the story across, and was funny in some parts.

              I'd have to say my only complaint is the fact that the ending came up super fast. Like... some movies you can tell it's gonna end in like, 10 minutes, but at the end of this one, they're just like "I'm hungry, lets go to the resturant at the end of the universe"

              Still go see it.

              Comment

              • Omeganitros
                auauauau
                • Jun 2003
                • 8897

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

                HA! Looks like I called the bluff.

                Comment

                • MalReynolds
                  CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 6571

                  #23
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hitchiker

                  MalReynolds came out of retirement to say:

                  Uh, this was one of the best movies I've seen this year. I walked with a towel, and walked out really glad I had it. The most useful tool in the Universe. I walked out of the theatre about thirty minutes ago, and in an hour, I'm walking back in to see it again.

                  Mal
                  "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                  "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                  My new novel:

                  Maledictions: The Offering.

                  Now in Paperback!

                  Comment

                  • Beat_Rush
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 1

                    #24
                    Right, I really don't care what the reviews say. Does any of you guys know Foamy the squirrel? He has the same opinion of movie critics as I do.

                    Also, I'm seeing it no matter what. And of course, don't forget your towel.

                    Comment

                    • jewpinthethird
                      (The Fat's Sabobah)
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Nov 2002
                      • 11711

                      #25
                      Yeah, I'm bringing a towel.

                      Not.

                      Comment

                      • lightdarkness
                        Summer!!
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 11310

                        #26
                        I wore my 42 shirt

                        Yea, i'm that cool

                        Comment

                        • MalReynolds
                          CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 6571

                          #27
                          On the second viewing, with a group of my friends (all toweled), we swung our towels around at important towel moments. And if anyone saw the trailer for "Serenity" they might recognize the face of my avatar.

                          Towels, man.

                          Mal
                          "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                          "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                          My new novel:

                          Maledictions: The Offering.

                          Now in Paperback!

                          Comment

                          • mead1
                            Cerebellumberjack
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 3960

                            #28
                            This movie won. It just won. I wasn't expecting anything really good, but it blew away my expectations. This will be the only movie this year I buy on DVD. The only thing I was a little put off by the lack of was the segment explaining how useful a towel is. Even missing that, I think this is about the best I could have hoped for. I was slightly put off by the arthur/trillian-ness, but that was pretty much the only "creative liberty" hollywood took that I disliked.

                            *Minor Spoilers from the movie*

                            Ford held back the vogons with a towel. Damn that rocks

                            Comment

                            • lightdarkness
                              Summer!!
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 11310

                              #29
                              Originally posted by mead1
                              *Minor Spoilers from the movie*

                              Ford held back the vogons with a towel. Damn that rocks
                              "Ahh, he has a towel, RUN AWAY!!!"

                              ***2 min later***

                              "Ahh, he locked the gate, go around!"

                              Comment

                              • ImEric12
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 1952

                                #30
                                This movie was pretty good.

                                But I think what made it even better was the fact that I almost threw up from how bad the previews for the other movies were..

                                I mean.. Shark Boy and Lava Girl? WHAT THE HELL?

                                Comment

                                Working...