I do too many portraits.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LongGone
    -
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2008
    • 1679

    #46
    Re: I do too many portraits.

    This is much better than your previous works, awesome improvement

    Only comment would be that, the skin looks like it has a clay-like texture to it (notably around the lips); idk I'll let the professionals give feedback on that
    Last edited by LongGone; 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM.
    My Solo Simfiles
    My Solo Simfiles Part 2

    Originally posted by Choofers
    people age at a rate of about 1 year per year

    Comment

    • Renevatia
      FFR Veteran
      • Feb 2006
      • 555

      #47
      Re: I do too many portraits.

      you sir, learn impressively fast.
      nice ambiance and very nice choice of tone.
      I think the fact that you do 3D helps a lot since you got those edge-defining glows dead on. I have much to learn on this one lol.
      Last edited by Renevatia; 02-22-2011, 03:54 AM.
      Reminder for self to make new sig.

      Comment

      • darkshark
        Nothing.
        • Nov 2004
        • 4189

        #48
        Re: I do too many portraits.

        I was just thinking the same thing about the 3D comment. I think that knowing how lighting affects textures in a 3d/realworld space really does help a lot with drawing as well, especially when working with sub-surface scattering materials, which give multi-layered texture/lighting, like for when you can see the pink tones of blood underneath skin. I'd love to see you try your hand at some more photorealism Renevatia, I'm sure you've improved as well.

        Also I'd like to note, I'm drawing cedoload's gf picture first, you other people will have to wait lol. (Also, really great quality and perfect picture to draw, cedo)

        Comment

        • cedolad
          moonchild~
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2007
          • 6879

          #49
          Re: I do too many portraits.

          Thanks DS, I tried to find something suitable. I read over the thread and saw you were talking about headshots, and she had ones that weren't that great, and ones with a lot of environment, so I figured that'd be a fun thing for you to draw.

          Comment

          • Renevatia
            FFR Veteran
            • Feb 2006
            • 555

            #50
            Re: I do too many portraits.

            personally i find back light attractive in a portrait, or actually anything with a clear focused subject in the picture. I know where backlight reflections go, the only problem is texture and their effect to the light reflected back. I imagine it would be very helpful to see some realistic rendering and getting use to what it is 'suppose' to look like.
            This one definitely has a lot of flesh feel too it, more often than not, my drawings don't. I have to blame the fact that I started on anime themed drawing and fanboying over some dev fanartist earlier in my learning for that. Getting there though.

            On a separate thought, I am thinking of doing a 2D texture/lighting practice dump on here (after seeing this). Drop by so i can steal... learn a few tricks from you?
            Reminder for self to make new sig.

            Comment

            • darkshark
              Nothing.
              • Nov 2004
              • 4189

              #51
              Re: I do too many portraits.

              Gladly. You still working on that Cintiq?

              When you post up your dumpthread, I might try and draw from the same reference photo as you, seems like that would be the best way to go as far as advice goes, as I'm sure there's still some tricks I could learn from you as well.

              Comment

              • Renevatia
                FFR Veteran
                • Feb 2006
                • 555

                #52
                Re: I do too many portraits.

                lol i have no tricks, just brute force, and yeah I am still working on the cintiq, gotten fairly use to it. Though, I could use a bit more practice will all the short cut stuff built in on it.

                Now its all technique problems and just how well i can perceive a ref. I try to picture it three dimensionally(when it applies) but sometimes it is just not enough. I haven't really touched 3D rendering (will get to it when I have more time), I think it would really help when and if I do.

                As for texture practice, I might not be doing full ref, maybe just like texture with lighting. At least as a start to get a hang of it. I rarely put any texture in my drawings.
                Reminder for self to make new sig.

                Comment

                • darkshark
                  Nothing.
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 4189

                  #53
                  Re: I do too many portraits.

                  Well get on it! I don't know if you're like me or not, but when I feel artistically motivated, I HAVE TO CREATE RIGHT THAT SECOND, otherwise I lose it for a while.

                  I vote Renevatia draw something right now.

                  Comment

                  • Mythix
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 1045

                    #54
                    Re: I do too many portraits.

                    GG WP

                    Comment

                    Working...