Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • V-Ormix
    Banned
    • Aug 2008
    • 4677

    #46
    Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

    Originally posted by The_Toymaker
    i died

    Comment

    • darkshark
      Nothing.
      • Nov 2004
      • 4189

      #47
      Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

      Single yet still using this day to spend with a female I'm interested in. Heading up to Lake Tahoe at a private cabin and going snowboarding for a few days.

      Comment

      • TheThong
        ♩♪♫♬♭♮♯
        • May 2009
        • 520

        #48
        Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?



        All us forever alone people should get together and partay.

        Comment

        • wildfireskunk
          Purveyor of tea
          • Sep 2004
          • 1247

          #49
          Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

          Originally posted by i love you
          Me and my girlfriend both think that Valentines Day is a dumb holiday
          This. Except I won't be seeing her due to work schedules.

          My valentines day will consist of an hour at the gym, and another female friend coming to visit for the day to play SNES games and train for an upcoming marathon. Take that Valentine's Day.
          ITG guru, FFR noob, wants to hug every cat.

          Comment

          • Choofers
            FFR Player
            FFR Music Producer
            • Dec 2008
            • 6205

            #50
            Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

            Originally posted by TheThong


            All us forever alone people should get together and partay.
            ;~;
            Last edited by Choofers; 02-12-2012, 06:05 AM. Reason: ;~;

            Comment

            • dragon890x
              ☆Ξ Phantasy Star Legend Ξ☆
              • Jun 2005
              • 565

              #51
              Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

              Valentine's Day is a gimmick holiday.
              I'm going to spend quality time at the gym gettin' mah squats on, rather than gorging on chocolates.

              Fatties gonna fat.

              [ Link ]

              Comment

              • devonin
                Very Grave Indeed
                Community Manager
                Event Staff
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Apr 2004
                • 10120

                #52
                Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

                My girlfriend is 4300km away

                Probably it'll just be "Tuesday" since the 13th is our anniversary and thus more special anyhow.

                Comment

                • Syhto
                  BuMP it
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 2466

                  #53
                  Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

                  i am above using a sentimental holiday as an opportunity to be romantic, because like giving gifts who DOES THAT and RELATIONS man its just all so pointless and Dumb
                  i blame the world
                  Originally posted by ~jrodd
                  keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                  Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                  I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                  Comment

                  • DossarLX ODI
                    Batch Manager
                    Game Manager
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 15013

                    #54
                    Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

                    Anyone know why Valentines Day is about "love"? The thing about Saint Valentine is confusing because it's about being martyred/executed and I don't really see the connection. And why specifically this guy?

                    ps. Expecting trolling from this post, so don't waste time writing pish posh
                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                    Comment

                    • Choofers
                      FFR Player
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 6205

                      #55
                      Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

                      pish posh

                      posting after dossar in a valentine's day thread

                      Comment

                      • DossarLX ODI
                        Batch Manager
                        Game Manager
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 15013

                        #56
                        Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

                        Haha

                        But it would be nice to actually have an explanation :monkey:
                        Originally posted by hi19hi19
                        oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                        Comment

                        • Emithith
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 1784

                          #57
                          Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

                          Since Legenda Aurea still provided no connections whatsoever with sentimental love, appropriate lore has been embroidered in modern times to portray Valentine as a priest who refused an unattested law attributed to Roman Emperor Claudius II, allegedly ordering that young men remain single. The Emperor supposedly did this to grow his army, believing that married men did not make for good soldiers. The priest Valentine, however, secretly performed marriage ceremonies for young men. When Claudius found out about this, he had Valentine arrested and thrown in jail.
                          last two sentences are probably why the day is about love. :\

                          Comment

                          • Choofers
                            FFR Player
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 6205

                            #58
                            Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

                            Reading the wiki, it seems it came from a purely religious thing.


                            This is from the Saint Valentine page:
                            Attributes birds; roses; bishop with a crippled or a child with epilepsy at his feet; bishop with a rooster nearby; bishop refusing to adore an idol; bishop being beheaded; priest bearing a sword; priest holding a sun; priest giving sight to a blind girl
                            Pretty weird attributes. Let's get rid of everything except birds and roses, because they're awesome.

                            Comment

                            • DossarLX ODI
                              Batch Manager
                              Game Manager
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 15013

                              #59
                              Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

                              lol, looks more like a religious story about execution (gearing more towards Choofers)

                              But anyways, going to enjoy the day like any other.
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                              Comment

                              • .Gazelle.
                                Mr. Skeltal
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 1506

                                #60
                                Re: Do you have anything planned for Valentine's Day?

                                I'll be spending it with this lovely stomach bug~
                                FOREVER ALONE


                                Originally posted by LeKrispyKreme
                                Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.

                                Comment

                                Working...