If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Reincarnate
    x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
    • Nov 2010
    • 6332

    #46
    Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

    I should clarify what I mean by "people will hate you" for doing your job: Only retarded spammers/trolls will hate you for doing your job. Normal users will hate you if you're overly pedantic with the rules, as opposed to merely making sure the forum/chat is a fun place to hang out without having disruptions from douchenozzles.

    In other words, it's a lot like that old quote by Supreme Court justice Potter Stewart, "I know it when I see it." It's not hard to determine when someone's being a disturbance.

    Case in point: http://www.kongregate.com/pages/conduct
    It's pretty simple: Don't be a jerk. Don't harass others. Don't do illegal shit. Don't be vulgar/abusive/annoying. Don't spam. I think the guidelines as described in http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?f=14&a=52 are pretty pedantic, in all honesty.
    Last edited by Reincarnate; 08-11-2011, 02:57 PM.

    Comment

    • ddr_f4n
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2005
      • 3807

      #47
      Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

      I don't hate many mods in MotK, hell they're all good. Because they did their job well and treat the members just as well. Only hated staff member there is the main admin because she's a huge drama-whore, etc.

      So when comparing them to here it's obvious as to what's going on.
      Out Now!


      Older Releases:
      Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
      Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
      東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

      Comment

      • Patricoo
        FFR Player
        • Dec 2003
        • 432

        #48
        Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

        Originally posted by Reincarnate
        I should clarify what I mean by "people will hate you" for doing your job: Only retarded spammers/trolls will hate you for doing your job. Normal users will hate you if you're overly pedantic with the rules, as opposed to merely making sure the forum/chat is a fun place to hang out without having disruptions from douchenozzles.
        Oh yea of course. Screw those trolls and I totally believe everyone modded here is trying to do their best. I'm just saying, there are pros and cons to being the 'rules are strict' guy or the 'rules are guideline/common sense' guy. More problems created when when each mod becomes a slightly different person on the spectrum.

        Comment

        • psychoangel691
          Retired Staff
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2004
          • 10438

          #49
          Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

          I acted on something that was taken way out of control, I don't feel I did the wrong thing but I'm the bad guy because some people got a 3 day slap on the wrist ban for instigating the situation. Before last night I mainly gave warnings and think I had done maybe two bans.
          Originally posted by Charu
          My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
          Originally posted by DaBackpack
          also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
          Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
          Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

          Originally posted by hi19hi19
          yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

          Comment

          • Rebirth0
            FFR Originalbro
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2003
            • 8751

            #50
            Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

            aw damn I'm only on one nomination list

            Guess I've been gone for too long to be remembered

            Comment

            • 00Razor00
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2006
              • 3530

              #51
              Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

              Rebirth should've had his forum powers reinstated. Just sayin'.


              Originally posted by t-rogdor
              hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

              Comment

              • MrGiggles
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2005
                • 2846

                #52
                Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                Originally posted by Izzy
                I understand that. I don't feel like we should need so many moderators, just some people to take care of major spam or people posting porn.
                Those three aren't active enough to cover the place 24/7 or even half that, lol.

                There's no way I'm going to think of ten users.
                random order
                1 reincarnate
                2 iironiic
                3 leonid
                4 dev
                5 ap
                6 sprite
                7 halogen
                8 chaz
                9 uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maybe wc though i'm really reaching here
                10 lol half my list is current mods
                11 kilga

                ps the only modship I would ever consider is tgb mod because that place really needs a tgb user as mod
                Last edited by MrGiggles; 08-11-2011, 05:09 PM.

                Comment

                • rodrone
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 4

                  #53
                  Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                  I don't get why people are nominating Hammy, he's a pleeb.

                  Comment

                  • Spooler
                    FFR Player
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 8

                    #54
                    Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                    Originally posted by foilman8805
                    foil 4 mod 2012 - change we can believe in (because i will ban everyone who sucks)

                    get out and vote
                    i'm surprised you're not a moderator, your as interesting as they are

                    Comment

                    • Coolboyrulez0
                      VICES
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 10042

                      #55
                      Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                      most of these mod choices are great people but would be awful mods, lets be honest
                      https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                      https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                      Comment

                      • Dr Tran
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 1134

                        #56
                        Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                        Hey I'd be a great mod giggles

                        Kinda seems pointless to name people that are mods now

                        Comment

                        • devonin
                          Very Grave Indeed
                          Community Manager
                          Event Staff
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 10120

                          #57
                          Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                          Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                          Yeah well from the current administrators that would result in a disaster - they aren't on enough to do all of that and whatever else they have to do, and if there were no forum mods, that Cosplay thread would STILL be alive. The only active admin I saw yesterday was Sprite- and he didn't come until much later.
                          I'm on the site every day, I just happen to have put in enough of a coverage of mods to handle the day to day moderation that I don't -need- to be putting in 5 or 6 hours a day on top of my existing 10 hour a day real job.

                          The cosplay thread was open for one hour before it was deleted and bans were handed out. When things are up for -days- I'd start to get concerned about coverage.

                          Comment

                          • Reincarnate
                            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 6332

                            #58
                            Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                            What happened in that cosplay thread? I was always too lazy to click it but now I feel like I missed out

                            Comment

                            • i love you
                              Live a wonderful life~
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 7315

                              #59
                              Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                              Kommisar randomly posts a picture of some touhou girl next to a big ass penis. Got banned for a year and then later gets permabanned for constant ban evasion. After that, certain people got upset that kommi got banned and started making threads such as "FREEKOMMI" or "FREEKIWI" and from there, the cosplay thread went nuts posting pictures of real life dicks, child porn, hentai you name it. It was just a crazy moment lmao
                              Last edited by i love you; 08-11-2011, 07:39 PM.
                              ===============================
                              The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
                              ===============================

                              Comment

                              • YoshL
                                Celestial Harbor
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Aug 2008
                                • 6156

                                #60
                                Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                                Well, Halogen is a new forum mod.

                                gratz, hehe


                                Originally posted by Charu
                                Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                                Comment

                                Working...