If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Keisha_Fabo
    Banned
    • Aug 2011
    • 4

    #31
    Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

    bluexoon wasn't that bad

    Comment

    • Sprite-
      HAVE ME WITH VODKA
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2005
      • 7317

      #32
      Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

      Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
      Yeah well from the current administrators that would result in a disaster - they aren't on enough to do all of that and whatever else they have to do, and if there were no forum mods, that Cosplay thread would STILL be alive. The only active admin I saw yesterday was Sprite- and he didn't come until much later.
      Most of the administrators have jobs and unfortunately cannot be on the site all the time. I wish I could, but it's not possible. Obviously, if there were no mods, there would be disaster.

      Comment

      • Keisha_Fabo
        Banned
        • Aug 2011
        • 4

        #33
        Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

        People also have to realize that modding is volunteer work for the love of the community


        this is why mods need to be coul
        Last edited by Keisha_Fabo; 08-11-2011, 12:45 PM.

        Comment

        • Bluearrowll
          ⊙▃⊙
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2007
          • 7376

          #34
          Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

          My stars go out to anyone who can put time into the site and knows how to separate bull shit from chat facilitation. Everyone in the below list in no particular order is someone who I could see doing a fine job.

          -iironiic
          -sky kitten
          -customstuff
          -tc_halogen
          -psychoangel691
          -leonid
          -bmah
          -bluearrowll
          -xayphon
          -i love you
          -_.spitfire._

          I included 11 because I inserted myself in there. I count as 0.
          1st in Kommisar's 2009 SM Tournament
          1st in I Love You`s 2009 New Year`s Tournament
          3rd in EnR's Mashfest '08 tournament
          5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
          9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
          10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
          10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

          FMO AAA Count: 71
          FGO AAA Count: 10

          Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
          PS: Cool AAA's Terry
          - I Love You


          An Alarm Clock's Haiku
          beep beep beep beep beep
          beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
          beep beep beep beep beep
          - ieatyourlvllol

          Comment

          • NekoGon
            щ(゚Д゚щ)
            • Jul 2008
            • 2709

            #35
            Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

            leonid for president



            Comment

            • Superfreak04
              D7 Elite Keymasher
              • Jan 2007
              • 2407

              #36
              Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

              Originally posted by NekoGon
              leonid for president
              +1

              Comment

              • Reincarnate
                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                • Nov 2010
                • 6332

                #37
                Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                I'm a mod over on Kongregate and I can tell you this: Doing your job will piss people off. Not doing your job will piss people off. Modding is a thankless job.

                But I do it because there's nothing more satisfying than silencing morons who clog up your chat

                Comment

                • Izzy
                  Snek
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 9195

                  #38
                  Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                  Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                  Izzy, those are admins, not moderators.

                  iironiic is talking about moderators.
                  I understand that. I don't feel like we should need so many moderators, just some people to take care of major spam or people posting porn.

                  Comment

                  • Reincarnate
                    x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 6332

                    #39
                    Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                    WITH THE RIGHT COMBINATION OF ALGORITHMSSss

                    Comment

                    • samurai7694
                      바보
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 4640

                      #40
                      Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                      Pretty much Dossar's choice, but I have my own reasons.

                      1. qqwref - This dude is smart, and he knows a lot about FFR, how it works, he would be a great mod.
                      2. i love you - Deserves to be mod, period. He's been around for a very long time and is an active member still to this day.
                      3. XXXsmittyXXX - He's been around FFR for a long time and he's a chill dude. He's nice to talk to and would definitely be lenient with his actions so the bans aren't apeshit stupid rofl. (copy-pasta'd from Dossar since it's pretty much what I had in mind)
                      4. Sky Kitten - She's a chat mod on DF and she's very nice, and keeps things in order.
                      5. TC_Halogen - How is he not mod? He's probably the most well-mannered and best all-around poster I know. He shows respect to others, and is active on the forums and prochat.

                      Comment

                      • foilman8805
                        smoke wheat hail satin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 5704

                        #41
                        Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                        foil 4 mod 2012 - change we can believe in (because i will ban everyone who sucks)

                        get out and vote
                        Last edited by foilman8805; 08-11-2011, 02:00 PM.

                        Comment

                        • TC_Halogen
                          Rhythm game specialist.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 19376

                          #42
                          Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                          those who were wondering: essentially - Kayla is a moderator and I'm acting as her scout (as a few people in MP did for Sprite-/Darkshark/other MP moderators) to let her know when things are happening. It works out perfectly alright because I don't have to get in anyone's faces or whatnot.

                          As far as the reason for me not being any sort of staff member; it's more than likely due to a poor attitude when it comes to being targeted, which I've had -huge- problems with in the past. The last major blow-up I think I've truly had was against i love you in the batch thread, when everyone was taking a stand on their thoughts of simfiling rhetoric.

                          Since then, I might have had one other blow-up, but I deleted it. I kinda figure now that there's really no point in arguing against other people anymore if it's going to turn nasty -- haters gon' hate and I'm not going to waste my precious keystrokes trying to validate an argument that no one will listen to.

                          Comment

                          • psychoangel691
                            Retired Staff
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 10438

                            #43
                            Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                            AJ has had his rage fits on the forum lol. I don't know who I'd pick 'cause there's a lot of factors. 1. They can't play favorites, I think we've all seen that happen before. 2. They need to be thick skinned and do their job, I've gotten tons of hate for moderation I didn't even do and after last night forget it I have people going nuts on me. 3. They need to be able to control their own temper wen dealing with users. Just a lot of things go into it that people don't think about.

                            Marcus said it best people hate you when you do your job and hate you when you don't. I'm just really glad to see some users appreciate what we do, especially after being bashed all morning.
                            Originally posted by Charu
                            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                            Comment

                            • foilman8805
                              smoke wheat hail satin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 5704

                              #44
                              Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                              Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                              I'm not going to waste my precious keystrokes trying to validate an argument that no one will listen to.
                              no one listens to your arguments on the internet because...

                              they read them

                              ba-dum pshhh

                              Comment

                              • Patricoo
                                FFR Player
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 432

                                #45
                                Re: If you were to nominate ten people for modship, who would they be and why?

                                So I've seen now three times about modding that "if you do your job, no one likes you" and have to protest the thought. I might not seem like I have a place to talk with my own jackassery. but in truth I've been staff in other places and held management positions in actual jobs and always keep good rating. (FFR is one of my secondary communities so I've kinda just let myself go more often.)

                                Using your authority isn't the problem, its predictability in the use of said authority. FFR, (along with many other websites and real life jobs) has problems keeping a standardized use of its punishment system. Its not unusual to find favoritism, lax punishments, overly random ones, or play a game of luck on which "officer" reads your stuff. I can't really form a perfect list here, but I'd have to say it'd need to be a list of people who can all act together as a unified unit. There are too many personalities going off at once atm. That said, I appreciate the mods wholly and glad they've surrendered time for the site, just wish they would hug it out sometimes.
                                Last edited by Patricoo; 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...