Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Wineandbread
    Custom User Title
    • Oct 2007
    • 2105

    #31
    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

    I'm sure that a very great percent of the people watching the movie have already read the books so spoilers shouldn't be that surprising or anything (unless you haven't read them in a while)

    I thought that the movie was okay as a standalone but I thought some of the acting definitely could have been better with the trio during their Horcrux escapades (which makes up a lot of the movie so). This is really more of a stepping stone/setting-the-stage kind of movie for part 2 though imo. And I'm overall still kinda pissed that they made the movie into 2 parts. x(
    Originally posted by Gundam-Dude
    my semen is flying through the air as we speak
    We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

    Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017


    Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.


    Comment

    • ic0slay3r
      Falangel <3
      • Sep 2006
      • 2309

      #32
      Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

      I like that they divided the movie in 2 parts, that way they don't have to rush or skip mayor details of the book the only thing that i don't like about making it 2 parts is the wait between them.

      AAA:531
      Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
      Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
      # of BF: 42


      -------

      Comment

      • duddychuck@yahoo.com
        Retired
        • Sep 2009
        • 1111

        #33
        Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

        Originally posted by ic0slay3r
        I like that they divided the movie in 2 parts, that way they don't have to rush or skip mayor details of the book the only thing that i don't like about making it 2 parts is the wait between them.
        Exactly what I don't like about it.

        Comment

        • CMMTeddy
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2010
          • 17

          #34
          Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

          The last two movies kind of fell flat for me, so I wasn't really expecting much of this one either. But wow. I loved it, great production and they did well at capturing the book, maybe a few slips but all-in-all it was wonderful. I even got a bit teary when Dobby smurfed.


          Listen to and while watching .
          Congrats, you are now Internet Fancy.
          (Monocle and pipe optional)

          Comment

          • Rubin0
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2006
            • 1276

            #35
            Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

            One thing that bugged me was the lack of chemistry between Ron and Hermione, and the overload of sexual tension between Harry and Hermione. Anyone else?
            The weight of what I say depends on how you feel.

            Comment

            • welsh_girl
              FFR Player
              • Apr 2004
              • 1366

              #36
              Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

              I hate Harry Potter.

              No doubt I'll be dragged along to this soon and more than likely will fall asleep through it, again.

              Comment

              • HoneyMelonCalibrator
                Arrow Theory™
                • Feb 2009
                • 905

                #37
                Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                One day I'm going to devote an ENTIRE day to Harry Potter movie's and just watch all of them from the very beginning all the way to the end.
                Originally posted by ?
                祇園精舎の鐘の聲、
                諸行無常の響あり。
                娑羅雙樹の花の色、
                盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
                おごれる人も久しからず、
                唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
                たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
                偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

                Comment

                • rushyrulz
                  Digital Dancing!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 12985

                  #38
                  Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                  Originally posted by smartdude1212
                  That's a question for my bladder.
                  God help the person with a full bladder in the scene where the snake jumps out from the floor..

                  I nearly shat.

                  I LOVED the locket opening scene. Harry and Hermione looked like Xerxes luls
                  Last edited by rushyrulz; 11-22-2010, 10:36 AM.


                  Comment

                  • MrRubix
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2026
                    • 8340

                    #39
                    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                    I am not convinced that they needed two movies to tell this story effectively. Seems more like a money-squeeze effort.

                    It's the same sort of logic they used for making the final episode of LOST extra-long. "We wanted to make sure nothing was rushed and that we told the final part of the story properly, blahblahblah." If this were true, then omfg, why so much filler? I admit, I loved the movie on the whole, but holy ****, was that ever slow. I was dead-bored halfway in.

                    Now I have to wait for nearly another year to see the final half. Arghhh.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

                    Comment

                    • awein999
                      (ಠ⌣ಠ)
                      • Oct 2007
                      • 4647

                      #40
                      Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                      Originally posted by welsh_girl
                      I hate Harry Potter.

                      No doubt I'll be dragged along to this soon and more than likely will fall asleep through it, again.
                      Falling asleep watching harry potter is like falling asleep during sex...oh wait
                      Originally posted by Staiain
                      i am super purple hippo

                      Comment

                      • rushyrulz
                        Digital Dancing!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 12985

                        #41
                        Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                        Originally posted by MrRubix
                        Now I have to wait for nearly another year to see the final half. Arghhh.
                        I would have preferred that they released both movies at the same time in June instead of them teasing us with 1 movie 6 months before the next one is out. I guess I'll just have to bite my fingernails til then :/


                        Comment

                        • welsh_girl
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 1366

                          #42
                          Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                          Originally posted by awein999
                          Falling asleep watching harry potter is like falling asleep during sex...oh wait
                          How dare you compare HP to sex D:

                          Comment

                          • Cold Kitten
                            i love (purple things)
                            • May 2009
                            • 1341

                            #43
                            Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                            Am I the ONLY one that didn't like this movie...? I adore Harry Potter, I've read all the books, seen all the movies. I just personally DIDN'T like it. I thought that they missed a lot, and changed so much stuff that it didn't do the book justice. I figured that since it was almost 2 and a half hours dedicated to only the first part, that it would be better. But it just wasn't to me.

                            There were some parts that were spot on with the books. There were others that I was completely pissed off about, because they were nothing like the books, or they weren't even there.

                            Also, I was kind of mad at my theatre of people. Someone was laughing during (what has already been said, so there's no point in making a spoiler of it) Dobby's death.


                            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                            it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom

                            Comment

                            • duddychuck@yahoo.com
                              Retired
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 1111

                              #44
                              Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                              Originally posted by Cold Kitten
                              Am I the ONLY one that didn't like this movie...? I adore Harry Potter, I've read all the books, seen all the movies. I just personally DIDN'T like it. I thought that they missed a lot, and changed so much stuff that it didn't do the book justice. I figured that since it was almost 2 and a half hours dedicated to only the first part, that it would be better. But it just wasn't to me.

                              There were some parts that were spot on with the books. There were others that I was completely pissed off about, because they were nothing like the books, or they weren't even there.

                              Also, I was kind of mad at my theatre of people. Someone was laughing during (what has already been said, so there's no point in making a spoiler of it) Dobby's death.
                              Honestly what do you expect? its not like they could copy the book exactly, and if they did it would be boring because people like you would know EXACTLY what will happen each and every scene. It throws in the element of surprise as well. And its been the same people whining about the same thing "ITS NOT EXACTLY FROM THE BOOK OH **** ITS LIKE THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!11!" so if you were a real Harry Potter fan just deal with it and love the movies no matter what....and sit outside the theater from 8 am on Thursday to 12:01 on Friday when they showed it like I did.

                              Comment

                              • robertsona
                                missa in h-moll
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 4000

                                #45
                                Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                                i liked the slow and methodical pace idk

                                Comment

                                Working...