Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smartdude1212
    2 is poo
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2005
    • 6687

    #16
    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

    It's also a good idea in terms of producing the movie. After all, with two movies there are two budgets.

    Comment

    • awein999
      (ಠ⌣ಠ)
      • Oct 2007
      • 4647

      #17
      Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

      I actually think it's better this way. The movie actually seemed to fit the book for once because it's spread out into 5 hours to cover all the plot. It moved at a pace that made sense. And it's better for their "finances" as well. Everyone wins (well not really lol)
      Originally posted by Staiain
      i am super purple hippo

      Comment

      • duddychuck@yahoo.com
        Retired
        • Sep 2009
        • 1111

        #18
        Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

        Now here's the question. Would you rather have had them combine the parts and have a 6 hour epic movie? or keep it with the 2 parts

        Comment

        • smartdude1212
          2 is poo
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2005
          • 6687

          #19
          Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

          That's a question for my bladder.

          Comment

          • awein999
            (ಠ⌣ಠ)
            • Oct 2007
            • 4647

            #20
            Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

            I'd personally rather it be a 6 hour epicly long movie but I can see the problems posed with that. But I'm a hardcore Harry Potter fan, for me personally it would be awesome. In fact I'll probably watch part 1 and part 2 back to back like it's one movie in the future anyway.
            Originally posted by Staiain
            i am super purple hippo

            Comment

            • duddychuck@yahoo.com
              Retired
              • Sep 2009
              • 1111

              #21
              Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

              Well what they could do is have an intermission half way through, or after where part 1 would end

              Comment

              • radxmad
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2007
                • 50

                #22
                Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                Best one so far I suppose
                But I still feel like although they got about 95% of the events in the book correct they're still missing the air of the book
                It's not all dark and dreary and Harry breathing heavily in the book... there are actual funny bits which they just don't include in the movies.

                Comment

                • RobertsonaIsBack
                  FFR Player
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 201

                  #23
                  Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                  loved the movie. this sounds lame but i love the utilization of a sort of opaque palette; i always thought this series was unusually well-shot and it's getting even better. was a little slow i guess but i still thought it was awesome.

                  coffee shop scene was the best
                  Originally posted by bender5
                  I literally could get ANY job if I wanted to
                  Originally posted by customstuff
                  BUMP with our first ever Dubstep permission!!

                  Comment

                  • Himeko Makimachi
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 1

                    #24
                    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                    Great representation of the book. I actually started crying [spoiler:]when Dobby died, and I looked around and I'm pretty sure nobody else was crying, definitely not anybody from my group of friends. So, that was kinda embarrassing. But they made it so sad...

                    Comment

                    • Quigly
                      nah
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 3506

                      #25
                      Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                      Originally posted by RobertsonaIsBack
                      loved the movie. this sounds lame but i love the utilization of a sort of opaque palette; i always thought this series was unusually well-shot and it's getting even better. was a little slow i guess but i still thought it was awesome.

                      coffee shop scene was the best
                      Yeah I noticed this too, especially with all the scenery shots.

                      I saw it at the midnight release, and I thought it was absolutely spectacular. Not only because that it was an actually good production, but that this series has been a big part of my life.

                      I grew up reading all those books. Even when I was too young to really understand them, my family would read them together. It's always been a big part of myself and my family. We read all the books, saw all the movies. We even went to all the books openings at Borders. Some of my best childhood memories are associated with that book, and watching this movie made me relive all of those memories.
                      nah

                      Comment

                      • krunkykai22
                        <3 Jumpstream <3
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 5436

                        #26
                        Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                        Awein I never knew you were a "Die Hard" harry potter fan I LOVE harry potter lol

                        I haven't seen it yet though I've read the books. But I hear its great and can't wait to go see it

                        Comment

                        • Brycexx
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 438

                          #27
                          Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                          my favorite out of the bunch so far wish I didn't have to wait so long till the next one
                          Very Challenging AAA'S
                          Turbulence

                          Comment

                          • duddychuck@yahoo.com
                            Retired
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 1111

                            #28
                            Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                            Originally posted by the life of a noob
                            when dobby died
                            I was waiting for this to happen lmfao. Good thing I already saw it or I might has to be mad

                            Comment

                            • samurai7694
                              바보
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 4640

                              #29
                              Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                              good movie, I really enjoyed it, even though the drama to action ratio was "lol", I still loved it. I'm sure part 2 will be a lot better though.

                              Comment

                              • Sullyman2007
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 1663

                                #30
                                Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie Part 1

                                i was very pleased. except for going to see it in IMAX lmao what a rip off. $15 for them to make it a bit louder was totally not worth $15 but the movie was still pretty awesome.

                                Comment

                                Working...