Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would you

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zythus
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2007
    • 346

    #61
    Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

    I don't know if this was posted before in this thread, nor do I care. I'm posting it because it gives some insight to those posting on a whim.

    Critical Thinking : Acceptable Suicide?


    Read entirely before even thinking of posting in this thread. We do not appreciate people stating the obvious in Critical Thinking and bumping a relatively old thread.

    Comment

    • Godnick

      #62
      Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

      Hmmmm, Depends on what you mean.
      Like have I ever put a gun to my forehead,
      Or have I ever thought about putting a gun to my head.

      No & no, I love my life. It'd be wise not to forget that you only get 1 trip to this world.

      Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldo
      Drink red bull then jump off a bridge. :] have fun.
      Lol.

      Originally posted by Izzy
      That's pretty ****ed up. And what isn't the point of surviving?
      Exactly, Unless something is really messed up with you [Mentally], You should not commit suicide. There are alternatives for suicide. If your friend is actually stupid enough to kill himself over emotional problems, then he deserves to die. If everybody was like your friend, then the USA wouldn't be the land of the free, it would be the land of emotional problems. I myself am just happy to be alive, I feel fortunate to be here, the best country in the whole world.

      Here's a video of an interview on Marilyn Manson, it includes him talking about his thoughts on suicide, I think it's worth the watch.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2008, 02:36 PM.

      Comment

      • Commandersa1
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2006
        • 2344

        #63
        Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

        I have never felt suicidal, but if you have to question it then you know you should not do it. You can do so much with your life, but people take that for granted. I'm sorry that I do not know how it feels so I cannot give that great of advice, but find the real problems and talk to someone about it. I am sure a lot of people have already posted great advice, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in.

        Originally posted by Xx{Midday}xX
        Don't post if you have such a feeling, or better yet, fix it. =/ Learn English.
        Just ignore him, it seems like he is just trying to raise his post count.

        Comment

        • _Adrian_
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2007
          • 121

          #64
          Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

          lol.. idk what to say..
          # of AAA: 82
          Latest AAA: {Losing Touch}
          Most Impressive AAA: {Losing Touch}
          Full Combos: 360+

          Comment

          • Reach
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2003
            • 7471

            #65
            Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

            I've felt severely depressed at a point or two in my life, but never suicidal. Given how difficult that alone was to deal with, I can imagine what it would be like to have suicidal thoughts. I've helped a couple friends that were potentially suicidal through some rough patches, and getting help is definitely the key. The problem with many people that are depressed or have negative life attitudes is that the negativity often ends up becoming the source of the problem, and that continues to grow. Our thoughts of failure or inadequacy end up making the situation worse. It's a slippery slope - once you start getting pulled into the maelstrom of depression it's often incredibly difficult to get out without someone else to come to your aid, whether we want to admit that to ourselves or not. Many people do not, and in the process end up taking things into their own hands , and sometimes they go too far.

            Comment

            • Godnick

              #66
              Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

              Originally posted by Commandersa1
              I have never felt suicidal, but if you have to question it then you know you should not do it. You can do so much with your life, but people take that for granted. I'm sorry that I do not know how it feels so I cannot give that great of advice, but find the real problems and talk to someone about it. I am sure a lot of people have already posted great advice, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in.
              I agree with this, and slightly disagree. I think that talking with friends helps a lot, but some people don't always have that many friends to talk to/or just won't understand. I think that making new friends is a big step away from suicidal thoughts. really, just making new friends, does help out a lot with not only suicidal problems, but any emotional problem.

              Originally posted by _Adrian_
              lol.. idk what to say..
              Then why post?

              Originally posted by Reach
              I've felt severely depressed at a point or two in my life, but never suicidal. Given how difficult that alone was to deal with, I can imagine what it would be like to have suicidal thoughts. I've helped a couple friends that were potentially suicidal through some rough patches, and getting help is definitely the key. The problem with many people that are depressed or have negative life attitudes is that the negativity often ends up becoming the source of the problem, and that continues to grow. Our thoughts of failure or inadequacy end up making the situation worse. It's a slippery slope - once you start getting pulled into the maelstrom of depression it's often incredibly difficult to get out without someone else to come to your aid, whether we want to admit that to ourselves or not. Many people do not, and in the process end up taking things into their own hands , and sometimes they go too far.
              I completely agree with your post. This is the best example of how depression and suicide relate, and how it works. You speak with experience and intelligence, two key logical ingredients. Not only that but I was able to relate your post with my life, and how I think.

              Comment

              • ledwix
                Giant Pi Operator
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 2878

                #67
                Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

                "If everybody was like your friend, then the USA wouldn't be the land of the free, it would be the land of emotional problems. I myself am just happy to be alive, I feel fortunate to be here, the best country in the whole world."

                Nice post, but I have an objection to this point. If the everyone in the world was like ANY single person you can think of, it wouldn't be able to function at all; not just if everyone was like a suicidal person you know. There is such a perfect bell curve in terms of our interests, attitudes, abilities, etc. that we stay in balance. If everyone was Emeril Lagassi, we might have great food but terrible crumbling infrastructure and poor resource allocation among a lot of products, along with millions of other problems. If everyone was Albert Einstein, we'd have great advances all the time in our undestanding of physics but have mental problems at the same time and get lost too much to function efficiently. If everyone was me, no one would want to do the working class jobs. We need people who are good, bad, and in the middle of every spectrum and metric, always.

                Comment

                • i_am_phenomenon
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 6

                  #68
                  Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

                  pillz...takes lots of them and just wait it out

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5403

                    #69
                    Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

                    Originally posted by i_am_phenomenon
                    pillz...takes lots of them and just wait it out
                    Dont do this no matter what. Unless the reason why you want to kill yourself is medical to begim with.
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • SalemZOMBIE
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 66

                      #70
                      Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

                      theres not really any point to suicide.
                      Ive had plenty of times when i have wanted to kill myself, and i realized, what would ending my life bring? Really, what would it bring to everyone else? What are you going to prove? Nothing, it might bring some attention to yourself and your family on the local news for a few days like some people on here said, but then what? I mean, im not saying that life isnt bad enough to want to kill yourself, but there really isnt any point to it. Lots of people love you and want you to live on, just think about that.
                      And like a lot of other people on here said, the people who tell everyone they know "ahhh oh my gosshh im gonna kill myself so you will all know what its like!" you just want attention, and thats what we call, an attention whore.
                      just think about the people whos lives youd completely screw over. There isnt any point to suicide, its just a way for people to get attention.
                      Some idiot stole the idea I had for my signature, so i have to use this gay one.

                      Comment

                      • Sir_Thomas
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 848

                        #71
                        Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

                        Originally posted by i_am_phenomenon
                        pillz...takes lots of them and just wait it out
                        Any pills that are strong enough to kill you without any pain are strong enough to keep you high to the point where you dont care about anything at all. Things like aspering; you will throw up before you OD while others will make you suffer, then die.


                        If you are gonna use pills though, anything else other than intoxicating drugs are retarded. It will be painful; mine as well jump off a cliff or something if you are going to do that. And if you do have anything strong enough to make yourself OD and hardly feel any pain, it would make more sense just to stay high, not care, and live on.

                        PS; totally not condoning suicide, just saying.


                        Originally posted by SalemZOMBIE
                        theres not really any point to suicide.
                        Ive had plenty of times when i have wanted to kill myself, and i realized, what would ending my life bring? Really, what would it bring to everyone else? What are you going to prove? Nothing, it might bring some attention to yourself and your family on the local news for a few days like some people on here said, but then what? I mean, im not saying that life isnt bad enough to want to kill yourself, but there really isnt any point to it. Lots of people love you and want you to live on, just think about that.
                        And like a lot of other people on here said, the people who tell everyone they know "ahhh oh my gosshh im gonna kill myself so you will all know what its like!" you just want attention, and thats what we call, an attention whore.
                        just think about the people whos lives youd completely screw over.
                        Yes, there is to some. When it gets to the point that you have no other way to cope, thats, then thats when most turn to suicide. If you were to sit alone in a room, in a depressed state, for days on end, with nothing to turn your mind to: you would probably try to kill yourself.

                        There isnt any point to suicide, its just a way for people to get attention.
                        No, suicide is the act of killing yourself. What you are talking about is a suicide threat.

                        How can you benefit from attention when you are too dead to recognise it?

                        I had an assumption, as I started reading your post; that you were under the mindset of "Suicide is for attention whores!" No. Suicide threats are for attention whores, and most of the time, they want attention so they can have somebody to help them cope.

                        Its easier to raise an alarm by saying "Man ive been thinking about killing myself." than to let your guard down than asking whoever you are crying out to; "Hey I need help.".

                        Obviously, those who are depressed have no one else to turn to or they find it hard to turn to someone else. If they could open up to someone, there is a good chance they wouldnt be depressed in the first place.

                        By stating you want to kill yourself, its testing the waters. The person is seeing if you really do care, and at the same time, is protecting him/herself. Its easier to jump right off and make an attention getting statement than to be confrontational and ask for help, when the person may just laugh at you and call you weak. Sure, you may think its a silly mindset; but such is the mindset of those who are in a depression.




                        Yes and... a bit off topic but:

                        Sadly; FFR is perfect breeding ground for depressed people.

                        The game just caters depression. From personal experience; while depressed -
                        anything that takes effort to do, even if you like doing it, you won't.


                        With FFR; you can open up a page, get in a few games, stop for a bit,
                        stare at things with a blank expression on your face, and repeat.

                        The game takes a LOT concentration so you think less (About the things you mind is usually focused on during depression..),
                        and due to the ammount of concentration it takes; the games go by really fast.
                        Whhile depressed, all you are looking to do is pass the time by until you can fall asleep
                        and get to the next day so you can, yet again, find something to do so you can get to the next day (Yep, paradox...).
                        FFR's time consuming gameplay helps A LOT.

                        On top of that, and the worst of all; FFR is an ego driven game. A mega trait of many who are depressed -
                        is the lack of self-confidence/ having low self-esteem altogether. Due to the time and effort it takes to become
                        skilled at this game, high scores are looked upon quite highly. The game is an ego booster. Anyone who is depressed is looking
                        for a boost in their already low ego.

                        Mix that with the fact that a lot those who are dedicated the most time to this game are people who have low self-esteem and/or are depressed in the first place, and
                        you have a perfect circle. They will get better because they play non stop to pass the time away, and they will keep coming back because they like the attention they
                        get as a top player.

                        Seriously, people wonder why this place has a bunch of nut jobs. Besides the 4Chan wannabes who act like the rest of the meme world, this place has a lot of
                        fked up people (This ones for you smitty! ).
                        Last edited by Sir_Thomas; 06-11-2008, 11:24 AM.

                        Comment

                        • sameoldbloodrush!
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 205

                          #72
                          Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

                          Suicide isn't something to take lightly, and it's not just something you should do to get out of petty problems or disputes. Not only will suicide (obviously) hurt you, it will hurt everyone in your family, your friends, and your boyfriend or girlfriend if you have one.
                          There are alternatives to wanting to kill yourself. Such as- As I've seen below- therapy, medication if required, or simply just finding someone to talk to. Should you try to talk about it through FFR forums? If that is the way that you need to find someone to talk to, then by all means- do it this way. But, it's important to have someone to talk to in real life, also. As easy as it may be to find online, having someone to be with and comfort you is important.
                          Originally posted by Patashu
                          Small is fine, but not TOO small.
                          Originally posted by Sprite-
                          That's what she said.
                          Originally posted by knuckles2224
                          They sentenced him 300 years cause this is sparta.

                          Comment

                          • Xx{Midday}xX
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 3518

                            #73
                            Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

                            Originally posted by sameoldbloodrush!
                            But, it's important to have someone to talk to in real life, also. As easy as it may be to find online, having someone to be with and comfort you is important.
                            This is my reality. I find comfort almost nowhere else.
                            Any FFR song title discrepancies? List them here.
                            Willing to accurately translate Japanese for free
                            Accumulating all playstyles here!


                            つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

                            Comment

                            • thesmiley
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 51

                              #74
                              Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

                              Ah Suicide, the easiest way out. Being one who is going throught a depressive/suicidal state right now (but slowly getting out of it) let me offer you my limited advice.

                              1. Really consider what your thinking. Basically, your'e considering ending your life, and that is the single biggest desicison you can possibly make. Consider all the people that will miss you, that love and cherish you. One thing that really helped me was someone saying to me "If you were gone i would kill myself" and that is exactly the kind of thing you need to start boosting yourself up. You need to start living for someone else before you start living for yourself

                              2. Ask yourself why you are killing yourself. What has driven you the point where self-destruction seems to be the only option? For me, I had found my girlfriend making out with another guy, this is the third girl in a row who has cheated on me. Afterwards, I started taking a very deep look at myself. Am i really that ugly that no girl wants to be with me except for the excuse of sucking money? Am I dumb? Am I werid? Am I failure? Am I wrong in every single way? I kept on answering yes to all of these questions and i kept getting more and more miserable (silently of course, i figured no one wanted to listen to me bitch and moan about how much my life sucks.) I started watching all the beautiful girls and the "hottie" boys, and wondering why they get to be so happy when I am so pathetically sad. That when suicide became an option to me. I figured that I was a mistake and didn't deserve to live. I cried alot (I know guys aren't aloud to cry, say what you want i don't care) and I got sick and tired of everyday being called all the things I called myself eveyday, and slowly it got to my head. I wrote out a plan, and as a matter of fact i still have it but i never acted it out. I'm not scared, i just started wondering "what if things get better"? Which brings me to my final peice of advice

                              3. Look at your memories. Do you have any photos, scrapbooks, really important objects that remind you of something? If so (I highly doubt you don't) go find them. Start looking at them and think back to all those happy, adventerous times and you know what you'll get/see. A smiling face and that is exactly what you need to remeber. That if you do keep working at it you will become happy again (not that can really speak, i have yet to get to this stage)

                              And that's my two cents. Live for someone else, work at what makes you happy and get your life back on track. Me personally, slowly I'm building my trust back in the female gender (no offence ladies, but ive been hurt and it isnt getting any better, nor have i have ever had a good experince). But my friends and family keep me happy and one day, I'll find a girl that really does love me, and you too will find your true happiness if you work hard enough.

                              That said, if you do really think that you can't handle anymore, I wont tell you not to but please, think about the fact that a huge amount of people have posted (that you probably dont even know) with there advice to get you through this difficult time, and your friends and family care 2378384797 times more for you. So in conclusion, think about it, really, really think about it

                              Peace N love

                              Thesmiley (ironic name for this post huh?)

                              Comment

                              • Izzy
                                Snek
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jan 2003
                                • 9195

                                #75
                                Re: Have you ever felt suicidal? If so, how did you get over it? If not, how would yo

                                Nostalgic memories can be depressing. I'd rather look more at the future then at the past. But really i think you should just look at now and what to do.

                                Comment

                                Working...