Old 04-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX
Default Song Titles Thread

Welcome to the Song Titles Thread. Please read below. Or just enjoy some title trivia. =)

When claiming a title error:
Provide the current name
Provide the corrected name
Provide some sort of proof

When there are enough corroborations, Tasselfoot or jimerax may change the title name.

Note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
If the songcut is done by the song author him/herself, we'll consider it (in this case the author may name the version). If not, we aren't going to add the version name.

Fixed song names

Nanatsuropanda -> Nanairopanda
Garyo -> Garyoutensei -> Garyuutensei
Youkoso! Himitsu no Suzumebaraya -> Youkoso! Himitsu no Janbaraya
Hadazumi Rittou -> Hadazamui Rittou
Comptine D'un Autre Ete Techo Mix -> Comptine D'un Autre Ete Techno Mix
Tougenkyou -> Tougenkyou -H.E.Remix-
Love Coloured Master Spark -> Love Coloured Master Spark (LUV2 Remix)
Dr. Willy Theme -> Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Theme #1
Klung Kung -> KlungKung 2004
Dr. Willy Theme V2 -> Dr. Wily Theme V2
Sunny Star Carnival -> Sunny Starry Carnival
Bike Thief -> Bike Thief (Tubeway Remix)
Robot Army -> Robot Army --_--
Stormy -> Zelda Stormy
Grand Gallop Chromatique -> Grand Galop Chromatique
Idol (Aniko is Pojinju Mix) -> IDOL (Danpa with Posing Guys ver)
Sonata Quasi Una Fantasia -> Sonata Quasi Una Fantasia Movement 3
Otter's Dance (Hootroot Mix) -> Otter's Dance (Hotroot Mix)

Fixed Artist Names
x0000 -> X0-000

Remaining
(F) cranky -> bubbles [Xx{Midday}xX:bubbles is cranky and pico, CD name]
Elements -> The Elements [jump the bullet:CD jacket]
For FFR -> Expeditive Techno - For FFR

How to read Japanese on the internet
Control Panel -> (Categorical View) Date Time Language and Regional Options -> Add Other Languages -> Install Files for East Asian Languages -> Restart Computer

if it fails to read in programs:
Control Panel -> (Categorical View) Date Time Language and Regional Options -> Regional and Language Options -> Advanced -> select Japanese for nonUnicode programs

if it fails to read on Firefox:
View -> Character Encoding -> Auto Detect -> Japanese

How to write in Japanese on the Internet
Control Panel -> (Categorical View) Date Time Language and Regional Options -> Add Other Languages -> Details -> Add -> Japanese -> Apply -> select Japanese Microsoft IME for Default Input Language -> Apply

Keep Japanese default, because it has both Japanese and English in it. to switch between writing Japanese and English, simply click Alt+` and the language bar display should change from あto A and vice versa.

Translations/Explanations For Song Titles
Note: All Japanese ones are unstated as Japanese, but all other foreign languages will have theirs stated. Don't take it offensively. It's a matter of minority.
Note2: Some Touhou/dobuusagi songs have been shortened from their original titles. I have the full titles listed here.

* stands for a title that didn't undergo a title fixation due to the magnitude of the title change. As in, the change would've confused too many people.

Zephon -> Xephon = Rah Xephon, an Evangelion-like anime.

Youkoso! Himitsu no Janbaraya = ようこそ!ヒミツの雀バラや!? = Welcome! The Secret Gambling Arena!? (Note: Janbaraya describes a place where people play Mahjonng [not the crappy English misconception, but the intensely difficult gambling game])

Washamanoose's OP = Washamanoose is one of stargroup's (artist's) friend's internet name.

WAIWAI230 = わいわい230 = onomotopoeia for expressing YAY 230

*UNknown Girl -> 紅魔狂死曲 ~ Unknown Girl = Koumakyoushikyoku ~ Unknown Girl = Insane Requiem of the Scarlet Devil ~ Unknown Girl

Tsugaru 180 New Version = 津軽 180 New Version = Tsugaru is the north area of Honshuu 本州 (the main island of Japan) now known as Aomori-ken (prefecture) 青森県. This place gave birth to a special kind of Shamisen 三味線 , the instrument found in this song, close to a three string banjo.

Tougenkyou -H.E. Remix- = 桃源郷 = Chinese Heaven

Torinouta = 鳥の詩 = Song of the Bird (OP to the anime, AIR, by Visual Key)

Toono Youkai Zensen = 遠野妖怪前線 = Farfield Phantom Front Lines (not sure, may have some Touhou reference here)

*The Lunatic Princess -> 竹取飛翔 ~ the Lunatic Princess = Taketori Hishou ~ Lunatic Princess = Bamboo Flyer ~ Lunatic Princess

*The Brain of the Moon -> 千年幻想郷 ~ the Brain of the Moon = Sennen Gensoukyou = Millenium Gensoukyou ~ the Brain of the Moon (Gensoukyou is the world of Touhou)

Szerencsétlen = ['sɛrɛntʃe:tlɛn] = Unlucky (Hungarian)

Szamár Madár = ['sɑma:r 'mɑda:r] = Donkey Bird (Hungarian)

Syage = ? = ?

Song for the Nihonjins = Song for the 日本人 = Song for the Japanese People

Sicilian Sun = シチリアの太陽 = Shichiria no Taiyou (Song title is originally in Japanese)

Shanghai Girl of Meiji 17 = 明治17年の上海アリス(Note: Meiji is a Japanese era. Meiji 17 would probably be 1884 BCE)

Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran! = 切情!百花繚乱!= Longing Emotions! Flowers Blooming in Profusion! (Note: Hyakka Ryouran literally translates into a mesmerizing bloom of a hundred flowers, but the term can be taken as a gathering of beautiful women as well.) (2nd OP to Sumomo mo momomo)

Samurai Road = サムライロード = Probably refers to Bushido 武士道, commonly known here as the "way of the samurai (Japanese warrior/knight from Kamakura Era to Edo Era. Wiki the rest.)"

Sakura no Kenshi = 桜の剣士 = Knight of Cherry Blossoms (or just Knight of Sakura. Many people know what sakura is already.)

Saikyou OX Keikaku = 最強OX計画 = The Strongest Plan (OX is just there for show. 1st OP to Sumomo mo momomo)

Rumia, Sealed Youkai of the Night = ルミア、夜の封印されし妖怪 = Rumia (touhou character, catch phrase So- Nano- Ka-), Sealed Demon of the Night

Radius ~Hacker no Yabou~ = Radius ハッカーの野望 = Radius ~A Hacker's Ambition~

*Pure in Asia -> 無何有浄化 ~ Pure in Asia = Mukau Jouka ~ Pure in Asia = Absolute Purification ~ Pure in Asia (literal = Purification to the Point of Inexistence ~ Pure in Asia)

*Pupil of Frenzy -> 不可視隠月 ~ Pupil of Frenzy = Fukashiingetsu ~ Pupil of Frenzy = Invisible Hidden Moon ~ Pupil of Frenzy

Otaku Speedvibe = お宅スピードバイブ = Otaku is a term that refers to maniac, in this case, anime.

Okusenman -Hardcore Remix- = 億千万 -Hardcore Remix- = Million Thousand Tenthousand (Original lyrics by Shiki: Never Graffiti) (Note: Original melody: Dr. Wily Theme) (Note: The song resembles flashbacks to nostalgic childhood memories with the realization of how boring the current grown up life is, but the fact that we have to deal with it.)

Nippon Zenkoku GABA Ondo = 日本全国GABA音頭 = Japanese Nationwide Gabba Tune Leader

Ninjitsu (or Ninjyutsu) = 忍術 = Ninja Skill

Nanairopanda = ナナイロパンダ = Seven Colored Panda (or Rainbow Panda)

Naisyaodakunyan = 奶小的姑娘 = Nai Xiao De Gu Niang = A Girl With Small Tits

Mou Uta Shika Kikoenai = もう歌しか聞こえない = Only Music Can be Heard Now (Original by ZUN (from th09): もう歌しか聞こえない ~ Flower Mix) (Album: 夢幻夜想曲 ~ Eternal Nocturne)

Megane De Ne! = めがねでねっ!= With Glasses! (Note: Glasses are a strongly founded moe. Don't know moe? Learn your hentai XD.)

*Love Coloured Master Spark (LUV2 Remix) -> Koiiro! Shissou Mahchin! = 恋色!疾走まーちん = Love Coloured! Marchin' to Go Missing!

Kyuin = キュイン = Onomotopoeia for drill in a dentist office.

Kire Kire Mayoi = キレ斬レマヨイ = ? (IOSYS remix of Hare Hare Yukai, ED to Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu aka Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) (No idea what they're saying, but is related to cutting without hesistation)

Kétsarkú Mozgalom = ['ke:tʃɑrku: 'mozgɑlom] = Bipolar Movement (Hungarian)

Kamonene100% = かもねネ100% = ?

Kakke Ecko = かっけ えっこ (i never seen DJ Sharpnel's song title in Japanese) = Is an awkward way of saying the Japanese phrase for a running race (kakekko) かけっこ.

Kagami = 鏡 (probably, not sure) = mirror (and the name of my favorite anime character of all time with different kanji.)

Johto Wild Pokemon Battle Remix = 城東 Wild Pokemon Battle Remix = East Side of world in Gold/Silver Version

IDOL (Danpa with Posing Guys ver) = IDOL (兄貴がポージングでダンパver) = IDOL (Posing Guys Dance Party version)

*Holy Orders -> Guilty Gear - Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)

Hiszékeny = ['hise:kɛɲ] = Gullible (Hungarian)

Haruka = 遥か = Far/in the distance

Hanabi = 花火 = Fireworks (literally translates to fire flower lol)

Hajnal = ['hɑjnɑl] = Hungarian female name or Dawn

Garyuutensei = 画竜点睛 = When the legendary artist drew the pupil of the eye in the painting of the dragon, the dragon became real and flew off to heaven.
Note: I realized again that Garyoutensei was the usual irregular pronouciation after all, and that I didn't feel anything wrong with it when I first mentioned Garyoutensei to Tasselfoot. Just to not annoy Tass with my stupidity any further, I'll leave it as is, because Garyuutensei isn't wrong either... just a bit uncommon.

Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio = ガチャガチャへるつ・ふぃぎゅ@ラジオ = (ditto Mate)

Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate = ガチャガチャきゅ~と・ふぃぎゅ@メイト = (It has to do with otaku figurines coming out from the Gacha slots in Japan (put in a coin, and turn the knob, it makes a gacha gacha sound, and out comes a figurine) I've never played the h-game, so I don't know anything else.)

*For FFR -> Expeditive Techno - For FFR

Eien Meikyuu = 永遠迷宮 = Eternal Labyrinth

Dokodemo Kawaii = どこでもかわいい = Cute Anywhere

Dokudenpa = 毒電波 = Poisonous Electromagnetic Wave (Note: This is a Fruits Basket remix. The first Japanese phrase in this song is from the denpa girl, Saki Hanajima. Therefore, denpa may just as well as mean psychic wave.)

*Dazzling Destiny -> Dazzling Destiny (Advanced Soul)

*CRASH the BEAT -> Atlach=Nacha "CRASH the BEAT!" (Note: Alice Soft Game remix)

*Border of Maximum -> 極限領域~Border of Maximum = Kyoukgen Ryouiki~Border of Maximum = Border of Maximum~Border of Maximum (yeah, redundancy)

*Ascii Art Core -> /^o^\ (Ascii Art Core is the genre)

Amefuri Koneko = 雨降り仔猫 = Kittens in the Rain (The artist, Nekomimi Mahoutsukai = 猫耳魔法使い = Cat-Eared Magician)

4 Chord Touhou = 4 Chord 東方 = 4 Chord Eastern Style (Note: Touhou, the game, means Eastern Style)

Trademarks Symbols: ___ represents the title without the trademark.
{___} = Cornandbeans
___ --_-- = Zenon

Anything that can be added, including songs in other languages (Venetian Snares songs perhaps), anything that is wrong with this list, any comments at all, please post. XD. I'm here to help, that's all.

Credits:
Tasselfoot: for changing incorrectly named song titles on FFR.
jimerax: for changing incorrectly named song titles on FFR, for corroborating on the Japanese translations.
qqwref: for providing the Venetian Snares Hungarian translations from wikipedia.
to every user: who points out a song title error.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 10-23-2008 at 03:23 PM..
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
omgitznpv
cohoooooon
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv
Default Re: Rename song please.

Name them. It doesn't hurt to, and it can only make things better,

Choose the latter, by the way. The u is important hehe
omgitznpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
behanjc
stargroup & me are <3'ers

Send a message via MSN to behanjc

Yea, I'm no good with Wapanese. Sorry
And yes, list them here.

From now on I'll PM either you, npv, or JX regarding unsure titles.

Last edited by behanjc; 04-21-2008 at 07:52 PM..
behanjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behanjc View Post
Yea, I'm no good with Wapanese. Sorry
And yes, list them here.

From now on I'll PM either you, npv, or JX regarding unsure titles.
No problem. As long as it is fixed. Nanairopanda was fixed right? XD

Creating list of all songs currently on FFR that I know are named wrong. There may be others, but I may not know their real names.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 04-21-2008 at 08:48 PM..
Old 04-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
Frozen Beat
coLSBMidday, zerg sc2 pro
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Beat Send a message via MSN to Frozen Beat

Wow, I really wish I new Japanese...yeah, go rename them, it'll only make things better.

Feel several different pains, before they're colored pure red
Make a little chance! Start connecting us into to tomorrow, ready and go!
No matter how many times I keep going down, in these unending rounds
I'm gonna keep up! We can create hope, it's our story!
Frozen Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
danny53x
AKA Yotipo
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to danny53x

I remember seeing this comment on the front page blog response.

I think lots of songs should not only be renamed for accuracy, but renamed for order. Songs like Absolute Zero appear on the bottom of the alphabetical list, and cornandbeans songs are all clustered together. Is it necessary to have those signs in front of the name?
Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Beat View Post
I really wish I new Japanese
learn English first.

and there's a ton of songs on here that are illegally named. I don't think we even have permission from MOSAIC.WAV...

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Flandre Scarlet
Death
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Flandre Scarlet

There are songs that are mis-named, probably won't get corrected unless brought up, or people don't really care if it's named wrong.

I'm pretty sure that Love-coloured Master Spark is mis-named, should be something else, as I have a SM file for it, and it doesn't sound like the song on FFR at all. But another touhou song I have is the song.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
there's a ton of songs on here that are illegally named. I don't think we even have permission from MOSAIC.WAV...
lmao illegally named? We do indeed have MOSAIC.WAV permission.
omgitznpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #10
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitznpv View Post
lmao illegally named? We do indeed have MOSAIC.WAV permission.
Scared. If we did have no permission from MOSAIC, we'd lose our only source of pure unremixed jpop. IOSYS OS is remixed. DJ Sharpnel is remixed. DX

Damn, I did find the correct names for the MOSAIC.WAV songs, but I don't have too many mp3s. DX

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 04-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #11
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Songs like Absolute Zero appear on the bottom of the alphabetical list, and cornandbeans songs are all clustered together. Is it necessary to have those signs in front of the name?

If the song is -called- {Blaze} changing it would be the wrong thing to do, and that just happens to be where the { character falls in alphabetizaion.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #12
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flandre Scarlet View Post
There are songs that are mis-named, probably won't get corrected unless brought up, or people don't really care if it's named wrong.

I'm pretty sure that Love-coloured Master Spark is mis-named, should be something else, as I have a SM file for it, and it doesn't sound like the song on FFR at all. But another touhou song I have is the song.
Love Coloured Master Spark is a remix of the original song Love Coloured Final Spark (I think Final is the original.) In other words, this song has numerous remixes with almost the same name. I'm sure that yours is by the same case.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 04-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #13
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

CnB has told me that i CAN remove the { } from his song names... he did that to the majority of his songs purely so they'd appear at the front of lists. but i like them, and that is their technical name.

about the japanese stuff... it's so damn confusing. and generally, if jx (my resident japanese master) doesn't tell me to fix it, i don't.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #14
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
about the japanese stuff... it's so damn confusing. and generally, if jx (my resident japanese master) doesn't tell me to fix it, i don't.
Thank you for fixing at least Garyoutensei then.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 04-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Well if we're getting nitpicky, you should change Szerencsetlen to Szerencsétlen... although I suppose the game probably won't support the é, will it.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #16
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
Well if we're getting nitpicky, you should change Szerencsetlen to Szerencsétlen... although I suppose the game probably won't support the é, will it.
I don't think the game allows the é symbol. The title of the song Hiszekény appears just as Hiszekeny in the game.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #17
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
generally, if jx (my resident japanese master) doesn't tell me to fix it, i don't.
I think I remember jx saying something a while ago about the correct title indeed being Janbaraya for the MOSAIC.WAV song.
MeaCulpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #18
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaCulpa View Post
I think I remember jx saying something a while ago about the correct title indeed being Janbaraya for the MOSAIC.WAV song.
I sent a pm to Jimerax. Hopefully he will see this thread. Jimerax is Japanese? Didn't know.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 04-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa

Oh, you PM'd him...well, I found what he said:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...93&postcount=5
MeaCulpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #20
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

jx is japanese, yes.

and, uh... i just today removed the accent from the e in Hiszekeny. Flash doesn't show the accented e, so i figured it was better to make it a normal e. same in this case.