Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • madmatt621
    Banned
    • Dec 2006
    • 3000

    #91
    Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

    Originally posted by jellygod
    wow im surprised this isnt locked yet..... racist? people that like naruto are a race now? i guess im in the gantz race of anime because i like that show..... is anybody else in that race we can mate and make babies!
    Don't talk about threads that need to be locked unless you want to be like evilcowgod.

    Comment

    • Squeek
      let it snow~
      • Jan 2004
      • 14444

      #92
      Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

      Originally posted by jellygod
      wow im surprised this isnt locked yet..... racist? people that like naruto are a race now? i guess im in the gantz race of anime because i like that show..... is anybody else in that race we can mate and make babies!
      It's not that they like Naruto.

      It's that they love Naruto. It's that they whore Naruto out as if it's the greatest thing EVER MADE. It's that anyone who thinks otherwise must be WRONG. It's that they write fanfiction about the characters and roleplay stuff from the show all the time.

      All of this is, of course, written in broken English with smilies and "lololololololol" everywhere.

      Comment

      • rade0110
        FFR Player
        • Dec 2004
        • 1253

        #93
        Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

        Originally posted by Squeek
        It's not that they like Naruto.

        It's that they love Naruto. It's that they whore Naruto out as if it's the greatest thing EVER MADE. It's that anyone who thinks otherwise must be WRONG. It's that they write fanfiction about the characters and roleplay stuff from the show all the time.

        All of this is, of course, written in broken English with smilies and "lololololololol" everywhere.
        Roleplay for Naruto Fans/Sex Addicts

        Person 1: "Hey baby I'm Naruto, the greatest ninja ever LOLOLOL"
        Person 2: "Wow you sure are impressive "
        Person 1: "Watch how I use my 'Love Jutsu' to take your blouse off "
        Person 2: "Oh Naruto, you're just so powerful!!!11! Please fill with your chakra!"
        Originally posted by Synthlight
        Everyone uses quotes from Synthlight in their signature. So I'm making this one up to fit in.

        Cheers,

        Synthlight

        Comment

        • FishFishRevolution
          GotR Creator
          • Nov 2003
          • 7251

          #94
          Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

          Man I need to start reading chit chat more often. I can't believe I missed this thread in its prime.

          ps if naruto-fans were a race I would vote for its genocide

          Comment

          • Lamoc
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2006
            • 551

            #95
            Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

            I've been missing alot of narutos newest episodes.

            Comment

            • Kinspin
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2006
              • 120

              #96
              Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

              I dislike naruto, as I do every other anime now. I used to like anime until I realized that japan was just giving us **** and calling it anime, and knowing that we would like it. After I realized this, I stopped liking anime.
              The only anime I can stand to watch is dbz and thats because I grew up with it.

              Comment

              • purebloodtexan
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2006
                • 2845

                #97
                Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

                Hey, Kinspin, I didn't know you were here. This is LoS from VGDC.

                Originally posted by Squeek
                This thread was awesome for a while. Then it started sucking.

                Go back to discussing how Naruto is a race and we're all persecuting it.
                Fine.

                We'll carry out our final solution, assuming Judd Hirsch delivers with the goods.


                Comment

                • .sugar.plum.
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 3

                  #98
                  Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

                  actually, i dont think its that racist. i mean, its a book. i hate naruto (no offense) but just because your getting made fun of for liking a book, just ignore it. most people just do it to have something to do. just like when you sometimes pick fights with brothers or sisters because your bored and want to get in trouble. just ignore all that. its not a big thing worth fighting about.
                  .SuGaR.PlUm.

                  Comment

                  • purebloodtexan
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 2845

                    #99
                    Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

                    Originally posted by .sugar.plum.
                    actually, i dont think its that racist. i mean, its a book. i hate naruto (no offense) but just because your getting made fun of for liking a book, just ignore it. most people just do it to have something to do. just like when you sometimes pick fights with brothers or sisters because your bored and want to get in trouble. just ignore all that. its not a big thing worth fighting about.
                    No, some people actually want to take the book and burn it.


                    Comment

                    • .sugar.plum.
                      FFR Player
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 3

                      #100
                      Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

                      Originally posted by purebloodtexan
                      No, some people actually want to take the book and burn it.
                      well, then thats there problem. but i find it rather stupid that people are going to whine and complain over a book. the only book i would really kill someone for making fun of is the Bible and Book of Mormon or any scripture. but, i would never complain over a stupid fantasy book.
                      .SuGaR.PlUm.

                      Comment

                      • muffin-warrior
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 6

                        #101
                        Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

                        What? No! Just because someone dislikes naruto and insults others for liking it isn't something racist. Racisim is a certain race of people discriminating other races. Meaning, I know it's rude and impolite but something like making fun of hard-core naruto fans isn't rasist.

                        Comment

                        • purebloodtexan
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 2845

                          #102
                          Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

                          Originally posted by .sugar.plum.
                          well, then thats there problem. but i find it rather stupid that people are going to whine and complain over a book. the only book i would really kill someone for making fun of is the Bible and Book of Mormon or any scripture. but, i would never complain over a stupid fantasy book.
                          I was obviously exaggerating about the whole burning thing, but people don't make fun of Naruto just for kicks, but because they have extreme dislike toward this series, and considering the crowd it's drawing, I haven't even see then series, and I don't blame them. The flaw that I've heard the most is the back-to-back filler episodes.


                          Comment

                          • OrganisM
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 2644

                            #103
                            Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

                            What carnage!

                            I find the topic poster's stupidity insulting.

                            Stop posting.
                            .

                            Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
                            "If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
                            because the venom gets into the blood stream which
                            spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
                            changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

                            Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."


                            Originally Posted by
                            MrRubix[link]:
                            "Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

                            Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
                            "My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."

                            Comment

                            • Nyokou
                              ( ̄ー ̄)
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 4247

                              #104
                              Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

                              Originally posted by Chromer
                              I stick by my decision that the Dubbed version of Sailor Moon sucks. You want to know why?

                              1. No Magical Girl transformation nudity.

                              2. No lesbians, only "cousins."


                              Good job America. =P
                              Well, I sort of agree with you there, it does suck real bad, but it was also how I got introduced to Sailor Moon. I didn't actually watch any fansubs until about 2 years ago, and I've been a fan for at least 10 years now, haha. I love it.. but.. erm.. anyway..

                              I noticed that the whole Naruto bs got gradually worse when it aired in the U.S. I mean, at first, yeah, I went around places and noticed a few Narutards here and there, and then.. the show aired on Cartoon Network and about 1 or 2 months later, there are like thousands of kids like ages 12 and under all over the internet spamming about how cool Naruto is, etc.

                              Horrible. But then again, I was the same way with Sailor Moon when I was that age. However, I would still argue that it's the best thing to ever come into my life. :>
                              Snapchat: icequeenilse

                              Comment

                              • g4z33b0
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2006
                                • 2618

                                #105
                                Re: Dissing people for liking Naruto - Isn't that racist?

                                I used to watch the American Sailor Moon, way better then Naruto. Any day. I'll have to check out the originals.

                                Comment

                                Working...