NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tasselfoot
    Retired BOSS
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2003
    • 25185

    #31
    Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II

    I have all of that data, stated round by round and seed vs seed, for the past 21 years (since the tournament expanded to 64 teams).

    Also, your calculations are only for the 1st scenario I presented... The 2nd that I offered, using historical data, would drastically reduce the number of brackets... as per my calculations (but I was much more certain that my 1st was correct than the 2nd. Your answer and mine are merely a factor of 2 different.)

    If you'd like to look over all the data, I'd be happy to post it for you. It comes complete with trends to pick even more presice winners, but most are only 75-80% accruate, and are quite specific.
    RIP

    Comment

    • drummerlsu
      Geaux Tigers
      • Apr 2004
      • 105

      #32
      Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II

      For the second scenario, if I understand it correctly, we are giving the 1-6 seeds auto first round wins and 1-2 seeds auto second round wins. It's actually as simple as just subtracting those games from the total of 63. That's 8 games per regional or 32 total. 2^(63-32) = 2^31 = 2.1 billion.

      It doesn't matter that the 7-10 and 8-9 game winners are assumed losers in the second round; each 7-10/8-9 game still affects the variations by a factor of 2.

      Now that im in this gear, I wouldn't mind taking a look at your historical data and examine the possibilities further.

      Comment

      • Tasselfoot
        Retired BOSS
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2003
        • 25185

        #33
        Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II

        Meh... it seems too much data, so I uploaded it.

        The data:
        RIP

        Comment

        • Tasselfoot
          Retired BOSS
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2003
          • 25185

          #34
          Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

          13 hours and 9 minutes until the 1st tip-off.... HURRY to get your entries in!

          We have 32 entries in our FFR group so far... 5 from Tass, Banditcom, Naota, and Talisman. 2 from TPS. 1 from everyone else, INCLUDING Tass' dad!

          Over 2.3 million brackets filled out on ESPN.com so far.
          RIP

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #35
            Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

            And Paul Miller scores the 1st points, and 2 point mid-range jumper, for Wichita State (the Shockers).

            We have the Shockers and the Golden Flashers in this year's dance. The only thing that would have made it better was if South Carolina had upset Florida to win the SEC Tourney. Then the Gamecocks would have made it in too.
            RIP

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #36
              Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

              So while it was a score, BC pulled out the win over Pacific in 2OT.

              People who are 3/3:

              Kilga
              Naota in 1 bracket / 5
              drummerlsu in 1 bracket / 3
              banditcom in 1 bracket / 5
              talisman in 2 brackets / 5
              tass in THREE brackets / 5 (although I only consider my 1st 4 real brackets. The 5th is almost all upsets and a "joke" bracket).

              I'm happy to say that I picked Wichita St in all 4 of my serious brackets and UW-Milw in 3/4. BC, of course, in all 4.
              RIP

              Comment

              • esupin
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2003
                • 1756

                #37
                Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

                I almost peed my pants watching the BC/Pacific game. I go home from school when it was 59-55 BC.

                http://www.youtube.com/esupin

                Comment

                • NaOTa4231
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 743

                  #38
                  Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

                  Okay, If BC would've lost I might have cried. Good game though.


                  http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

                  1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

                  Comment

                  • esupin
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 1756

                    #39
                    Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

                    Sean Williams is my hero.

                    http://www.youtube.com/esupin

                    Comment

                    • Tasselfoot
                      Retired BOSS
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 25185

                      #40
                      Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

                      chickendude's bracket is definately the most interesting of the people with 1 bracket.

                      naota also has a few very interesting ones.
                      RIP

                      Comment

                      • HansSky
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 1925

                        #41
                        Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

                        I uh...whoops.
                        hi

                        Comment

                        • Tps222
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 6169

                          #42
                          Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

                          Damn you novak, make 3's all game, you're wide open, and choke. **** you, and **** marquette, losers.

                          Gonna need a lot of luck for any shot at this.

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #43
                            Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

                            aw... man xavier. So close. That would have been money.

                            Comment

                            • Tps222
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 6169

                              #44
                              Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

                              Xavier in the elite 8....

                              Comment

                              • talisman
                                Resident Penguin
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2003
                                • 4598

                                #45
                                Re: NCAA Tournament Contest II - Brackets MUST be filled out by Thurs @ 12:20pm EST!!!

                                I'm kinda from Cincinnati, so yeah.

                                Comment

                                Working...