No form of mass media for 5 days

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tokzic
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 6878

    #31
    What a stupid assignment.

    It's too late to give advice as I see, but I think Jewpin can do it. We aren't as addicted as we may think. Though most of my free time is devoted to music, gaming, reading, and Internet, I also spend a lot of time doing other things. I could go five days with just drawing (though I wouldn't be much fun to talk to afterwards).

    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #32
      For people saying it's stupid: It's not. It's one of those things where you learn something important about yourself that you never knew before. Like jewpin said, nearly everyone is addicted to mass media in one form or another. To test your limits and prove to yourself that you can over come something like this is very good for you as a person.

      Comment

      • Cenright
        You thought I was a GUY?!
        • Sep 2003
        • 3139

        #33
        Are you kidding Tokzic? You are MORE addicted than you think, not less.
        http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...Cube_in_55.mpg

        Comment

        • lord_carbo
          FFR Player
          • Dec 2004
          • 6222

          #34
          RE: Re: RE: No form of mass media for 5 days

          WTF??? Crazy!

          I went on a mission trip for 5 days. That is practically the only way I can aviod mass media. It was 9 days, but I was reading a book in the car ride to and from. Come to think of it, I read that book during free time too. Holy shizzles! This is one hell of a stupid assignment!

          If he were still here, I'd tell him to listen to some OCR's or something. It basically isn't mass media. Noone even knows what the hell an OCR is. Haha but your teacher wouldn't buy it. Some nutcase who makes an assignment like this probably wouldn't know the difference between popular things in society and things noone gives a damn about.

          I just feel bad he has to go through the weekend without media. That's plain low of the teacher.
          last.fm

          Comment

          • Jam930
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2004
            • 1069

            #35
            RE: Re: RE: No form of mass media for 5 days

            Lying about the whole thing would definately prove the teacher's point...

            I don't think it's a stupid assignment. Doesn't have to be fun to not be stupid...
            -Jamie

            Comment

            • Cenright
              You thought I was a GUY?!
              • Sep 2003
              • 3139

              #36
              RE: Re: RE: No form of mass media for 5 days

              It always isn't that there is an addiction to it, but really, that it is everywhere, even those not addicted to it (Though this is rare) can not get away from it, because it has taken over most everything.
              http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...Cube_in_55.mpg

              Comment

              • NuclearShadow
                FFR Player
                • Jul 2005
                • 1971

                #37
                Originally posted by Afrobean
                For people saying it's stupid: It's not. It's one of those things where you learn something important about yourself that you never knew before. Like jewpin said, nearly everyone is addicted to mass media in one form or another. To test your limits and prove to yourself that you can over come something like this is very good for you as a person.
                Are you talking about doing it for bragging rights? "OMG I DIDNT DO CRAP FOR 5 DAYS" or are you saying people are gonna learn from this? And if you say they are gonna learn from it, how is it going to change their lives?
                Originally posted by Synthlight
                I am retiring from SM as of right now. I am sick of beating you all with my perfect triple hamstrings and AAAAAA's. I have nothing more to accomplish.

                Cheers,

                Synthlight

                Comment

                • mead1
                  Cerebellumberjack
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 3960

                  #38
                  I think this is an interesting idea in theory, even if it is rather useless. Think about it in these terms, If you go off mass media for five days, does that change anything about your life afterwards? I mean, even if you realize you are totally and utterly addicted to these forms of mass media, you will go back to them with open arms after the five days are up. So what will you have accomplished? Being really bored for five days? Yes. Learn some deep inner truths and become a better person? No.

                  Mass media is an integral part of people's lives if you define it in the way Jewp's teacher did. Everybody (except Squeek aparrently) does all of those things just as part of their daily routine. It's a part of modern life, not some evil to free ourselves from. Rejecting mass media isn't going to improve you, it's just living in the past when the future is sitting right in front of you.

                  Comment

                  • the_unda_doggz
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 643

                    #39
                    **Blue-balled at school**

                    I went to school blue-balled(no orgasms for a while) today....and I had to squeeze one out in the boy's bathroom cuz i was in so much pain.....lol
                    dont feel sorry for me....

                    Comment

                    • GuidoHunter
                      is against custom titles
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 7371

                      #40
                      RE: **Blue-balled at school**

                      I don't know what I would do. It wouldn't be nearly so bad if I could read books, because I love learning things and usually mass media gets in my way of doing that.

                      I can't really agree that books are mass media, anyway, but for the purpose of the experiment I don't know how I would pass the time.

                      --Guido


                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                      Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                      Comment

                      • tnyhwk900
                        FFR Player
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4106

                        #41
                        Re: **Blue-balled at school**

                        Originally posted by the_unda_doggz
                        I went to school blue-balled(no orgasms for a while) today....and I had to squeeze one out in the boy's bathroom cuz i was in so much pain.....lol
                        dont feel sorry for me....
                        what the fuck are you doing

                        Comment

                        • Vamps
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 64

                          #42
                          RE: Re: **Blue-balled at school**

                          I agree with the book thing, there is no way a fantasy book is mass media. We just finished doing media studies in class..(now we're doing poetry...really really really good poetry at that^^) anyways, the definition of media is actually.....*forgets and goes to find school bag* wow my school bag has alota books in it --_--. "Medium used, especially of the mass media: radio, television, magazines, newspapers; an agency of communicating news." So technically, to curl up with a good book wouldnt have been against the rules of the project!
                          Romans 10: 14-15a
                          \"How then can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent?

                          Comment

                          • NaOTa4231
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2004
                            • 743

                            #43
                            Re: **Blue-balled at school**

                            Originally posted by the_unda_doggz
                            I went to school blue-balled(no orgasms for a while) today....and I had to squeeze one out in the boy's bathroom cuz i was in so much pain.....lol
                            dont feel sorry for me....
                            no


                            http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=40490

                            1 Million Posts ^^^^^^^^^^ 8 )

                            Comment

                            • Tokzic
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2005
                              • 6878

                              #44
                              Re: **Blue-balled at school**

                              Originally posted by the_unda_doggz
                              I went to school blue-balled(no orgasms for a while) today....and I had to squeeze one out in the boy's bathroom cuz i was in so much pain.....lol
                              dont feel sorry for me....
                              Don't post anymore.

                              Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                              Comment

                              • mead1
                                Cerebellumberjack
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 3960

                                #45
                                Re: **Blue-balled at school**

                                Originally posted by Tokzic
                                Originally posted by the_unda_doggz
                                I went to school blue-balled(no orgasms for a while) today....and I had to squeeze one out in the boy's bathroom cuz i was in so much pain.....lol
                                dont feel sorry for me....
                                Don't post anymore.
                                QFE

                                Comment

                                Working...