What if you woke up in a different body every day?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iironiic
    D6 FFR Legacy Player
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2009
    • 4342

    #16
    Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

    Honestly, I think such lifestyle would open up to so many things in the world, but at the same time, lose your identity. Your family and friends will be different each day which can be seen as a bad thing, but at least you will understand what is around you.

    Personally I would try and experience these things (speaking about culture) without switching my body, as this is probably the most effective way of understanding them.

    If I were to switch between bodies each day, I will simply take the time to learn/experience new things that I cannot do. Although it is fascinating to do this, I am expecting a very boring life.

    Comment

    • Coolboyrulez0
      VICES
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2006
      • 10042

      #17
      Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

      Obviously ruin their lifestyle like the parasite I am.
      Then move on to the next host.

      Perhaps, adversely, I'd try my best to help out people who are not as fortunate or have really unfortunate circumstances.
      https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
      https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

      Comment

      • Reincarnate
        x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
        • Nov 2010
        • 6332

        #18
        Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

        Most of the time you'd be waking up in Asia somewhere (China, India, etc). If you actually lived out each new day, you'd wake up in the USA maybe two weeks out of the year. Fun tropical places would take a few hundred years, etc.

        So I'd probably try to learn, ASAP, how to get myself back to sleep -- either through knocking myself out or figuring out how to self-sleeperhold (if that's even possible). Depending on whether or not I'm already sleepy when I wake up, this might not be hard to just do naturally. Killing yourself all the time would be painful and timeconsuming.

        Besides, I'd feel awful for getting someone killed or making them do something that significantly diminishes their quality of life. I mean, many people have families/friends/etc that would be devastated if something were to happen to them, so I'd probably see this as more of a curse than anything else. It'd also be annoying to have to deal with family/friends who recognize that I'm acting differently, since I wouldn't want to waste time telling them I'm a bodyjumper, and even if I did, they may not believe me, etc.

        Opening up a shared bank account probably wouldn't work, since the bank would notice that somehow a different person is accessing it every day. Different nations also handle finances differently, resulting in access/wealth-generation issues.

        But really, it becomes an extremely dull life. You're spending a great deal of time putting yourself back to sleep, rolling the dice, and hoping you wake up somewhere cool where you have fun people/enough money to do things/an interesting location to enjoy for just a single moment. Even trying to keep yourself awake would be an ordeal, since not everyone's body is capable of it and you may not have the necessary foods/drugs/chemicals/etc to help you do it, either.

        Flying to remote destinations takes time, money, and travel -- and you may not have any of those three, really.

        Establishing long-term goals would be very difficult, especially since many goals in life require the help of others and consistent progress over time. If I'm being interrupted all the time... agh.

        In order to make any real, personal progress, I'd have to create a security/trust system, by finding people with resources who I could convince I was a bodyjumper and would be willing to help me out.

        Unfortunately, proving this would be hard. My first thought was that I could tell someone to write a number on a piece of paper and then hold me hostage or something in a separate room, and I'd eventually fall asleep and respawn as someone else close enough to come back and tell them the number (meanwhile the hostage is screaming furiously, whoops). Or just tell them to follow me around and make sure I don't tell the number to anyone else until the new person shows up claiming to be me.

        Once initial trust is established, then we could develop a password of some sort.

        Gosh, there's so much to consider, here, lmfao. I'll add more later.
        Last edited by Reincarnate; 08-21-2012, 09:38 AM.

        Comment

        • SKG_Scintill
          Spun a twirly fruitcake,
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2009
          • 3877

          #19
          Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

          I'd wait till I'm in a host whom lives near my "real" self. Then I'd go and visit me.





          Originally posted by bluguerilla
          So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
          ___
          . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
          . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
          .

          Comment

          • rushyrulz
            Digital Dancing!
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2006
            • 12985

            #20
            Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

            nice paradox.


            Comment

            • Aldentron
              Forum User
              • Jul 2007
              • 828

              #21
              Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

              i would masturbate so hard every day, no-brainer
              Originally posted by top
              what the hell happened to alden
              i remember a time when he wuz kewl

              like... wut

              Comment

              • Cavernio
                sunshine and rainbows
                • Feb 2006
                • 1987

                #22
                Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                Ya'll are shallow and horrible. Just wake up each day and enjoy or at least, experience, all that you can in that new day with a new body. I'd make a diary of every day and blog it when I have access to the internets. Doesn't matter if no one would read it or not. I'd probably still visit FFR, haha.
                It would suck not being able to die, if that's how this would work, and eventually I'd go crazy enough that I'd have to try and tell people about the experience.
                Aside from the never dying part, I think it would actually be really, really cool. For the first while, (not sure how long that would be), I would enjoy it immensely, that's for sure. Except for losing my fiance. I'd tell him about it, and he wouldn't believe me, but I'd message him everyday about my experiences regardless, probably long after he would have moved on too, right up until he's dead.
                I'm sure there'd be days when I just wouldn't have it in me to explore see etc. about where I was and I'd just want to stay in bed. It might also get super awkward/annoying having family of the body that I'd be occupying see how strangely I'd be acting.
                It'd be like a constant vacation really.

                Comment

                • Pseudo Enigma
                  ごめんなさい (/ω\)
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 2290

                  #23
                  Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                  lol if I had a new body every day I would seek to fix the problems the person was having. It would be the least I could do if I were borrowing their body for the day.

                  edit: girp
                  Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 08-23-2012, 08:46 AM.

                  Comment

                  • Emanresu13
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 642

                    #24
                    Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                    man, my first reaction was that this would be awesome as ****

                    i thought about it for a few minutes, and already i agree with Reincarnate

                    it would suck

                    to answer the question, i'd do what Pseudo Enigma said, and also try and meet whatever personal goals i could. there are a few things i could still work on, even while changing persons every day.

                    being immortal would be ****ing sweet, though
                    Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                    ^
                    Originally posted by MrRubix
                    ^

                    Comment

                    • Ohaider
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 2893

                      #25
                      Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                      Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
                      I wrote a short story about this before, only it was really depressing because the guy wanted to die but even if he killed himself he would wake up in another body again. I should try to find it and fix it up, it was aite.


                      I'd probably try something stupid and extreme every day
                      Last edited by Ohaider; 08-23-2012, 04:12 AM.

                      Comment

                      • Xx{Midnight}xX
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 8548

                        #26
                        Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                        Originally posted by Reincarnate
                        the more and more I assessed the situation, the more I realized just *how much* this would suck.
                        Pretty much.

                        But I guess then you'd have to think about if you actually are still you versus being that person. In terms of your personality and how you think.

                        If I kept my personality and own thought: This really would suck. Though the experience of living a day in the life of someone else could be kind of interesting I suppose. Assuming you remember each one ect.

                        If I was actually the other person: Wouldn't really matter much as I'd never be able to remember or know this is happening.

                        Comment

                        • 00Razor00
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2006
                          • 3530

                          #27
                          Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                          Originally posted by rushyrulz
                          I would masturbate sooo much.. every day.
                          Originally posted by Aldentron
                          i would masturbate so hard every day, no-brainer
                          oh god, these so much ^^^^^^^^^^


                          Originally posted by t-rogdor
                          hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

                          Comment

                          • Emanresu13
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 642

                            #28
                            Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                            if this were more like omikron that'd be great
                            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                            ^
                            Originally posted by MrRubix
                            ^

                            Comment

                            • LongGone
                              -
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 1679

                              #29
                              Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                              Such an interesting question, ....but I don't even know what I'd do lol

                              First time it happens though I'd smack myself in the face twice forehand backhand and ask myself if I'm dreaming
                              Last edited by LongGone; 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM.
                              My Solo Simfiles
                              My Solo Simfiles Part 2

                              Originally posted by Choofers
                              people age at a rate of about 1 year per year

                              Comment

                              • Crazyjayde
                                FFR Veteran
                                • May 2007
                                • 1169

                                #30
                                Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                                Frankly, I still don't understand the nuances of this experience. Would you wake up in a new body, influenced by the past memories of the host? Or would you even be attributed their mental condition (attributes) such as intellect and states of mind, or is it simply a change in physical and social traits? (All in all, would your mind be altered in any way?)

                                I think this makes for a more interesting or complicated dilemma.

                                Comment

                                Working...