What if you woke up in a different body every day?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • top
    Banned
    • Apr 2012
    • 1907

    #46
    Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

    Originally posted by Reincarnate
    Far from perfect.
    I assumed I had a major flaw in my theory, but I was close-minded with my opinion. Thanks for pointing out the flaws and actually giving in depth statistics, etc.

    I guess you really would be stuck forever, or at least until humanity died out through natural selection.

    Comment

    • Emanresu13
      FFR Veteran
      • Jun 2005
      • 642

      #47
      Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

      Originally posted by Reincarnate
      I guess the one upside is that you'll get to see the fate of the human race and all the cool shit science brings us.
      this is why i would love to be immortal

      within the context of this topic, however, being unable to keep relationships would be incredibly sucky
      Originally posted by dAnceguy117
      ^
      Originally posted by MrRubix
      ^

      Comment

      • Herogashix
        D7 Dating Sim Player
        FFR Music Producer
        • Apr 2009
        • 2183

        #48
        Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

        Originally posted by PrawnSkunk
        Short term & long term ... What would you do?
        I'd piss myself in anger that I'd never be able to keep a solid skill level.

        If I woke up in Dossar's body, I'd get him perma'd here. (jokes buddy, that would be retarded)

        Comment

        • Crazyjayde
          FFR Veteran
          • May 2007
          • 1169

          #49
          Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

          Why kill yourself? Let's put the immorality to the limit and kill everyone around yourself. I guess, you could wait until you can enter the body of somebody that has access to a greater weapon of mass destruction. Being realistic, you could probably launch a few missiles here and there (strategically) to engage a global war. People would blame you for this, but it would not matter since you could re-enter someone else's mind.

          Repeating this process through the course of several months would cause chaos and disorder on the entire planet. Upon that, you could also spread a propaganda of fear, eventually leading to paranoia, suicides or even mass genocide. I mean, it would be fair to say that every individual you would take over has the potential to create a certain madness around himself, and could be amplified in synch with other's actions. Say, a prison guard could unleash prisoners into the wilderness. Or a scientific could insert a virus in our daily life. Even a businessman could go around, killing people with staplers. (let's be creative in immortality shall we?)

          In sum, the population of the earth would diminish drastically. And with years of effort, it would be possible to say that you could reach a few millions, maybe less. People would then realize the situation, and face the fact that everybody could lose control of their actions (not knowing you are the cause). Humans would lose trust to each other = people would kill each other. (human nature eh...)

          The result? After decades, probably more, one person would be left on this planet. Since your mind is not influenced by his mental state, you would then enter his body, undergoing no change in perception. Of course, you would have no one else but him to transport, so it's really a dead-end.

          BUT ONLY THEN, you could start living like a normal person.
          And that brings us back to the beginning.




          But then again, it would probably be best to kill yourself.
          Last edited by Crazyjayde; 08-23-2012, 07:52 PM.

          Comment

          • Emanresu13
            FFR Veteran
            • Jun 2005
            • 642

            #50
            Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

            2 all u killrs:

            i hope u r da last persoun evar but than u kill urself & bcum a snail
            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
            ^
            Originally posted by MrRubix
            ^

            Comment

            • Crazyjayde
              FFR Veteran
              • May 2007
              • 1169

              #51
              Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

              Btw, just to clarify, this is not my opinion. But just another approach to the dilemma which reveals other reflections: If you want to die, you'll have to kill everyone. So is it worth it? If you want to live normally, you'll have to kill everyone. So is it worth it?

              No matter what, it is really a curse.
              Redundancy is a curse.

              Comment

              • Reincarnate
                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                • Nov 2010
                • 6332

                #52
                Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                I posted above explaining why trying to kill everyone off is not a feasible idea. The growth rate is too high (and in reality, it will rise due to exponential reproduction and longer lifespan).

                Comment

                • Izzy
                  Snek
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 9195

                  #53
                  Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                  So we are assuming we could wake up as a baby?

                  Comment

                  • Emanresu13
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 642

                    #54
                    Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                    haha wow. yeah wake up as a baby with full language capability. i wonder if you'd need better muscle memory/development to speak properly.
                    Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                    ^
                    Originally posted by MrRubix
                    ^

                    Comment

                    • Crazyjayde
                      FFR Veteran
                      • May 2007
                      • 1169

                      #55
                      Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                      I didn't say killing people by yourself. I said, what if you could influence people to kill each other. It's a different matter and this is a factor that can be raised exponentially since it is not of your control but can be multiplied by your actions.

                      The idea that one man can create the end of the world is easily feasible. I'm not pessimistic when I say that, but think of our humanity as it is right now.
                      Isn't it fragile?

                      Edit: And seriously. You're pretty hardcore if you're able to give birth and raise your child while fighting for your life. I'm not even a imagining a worldwide war right now, it's a planetary killing spree.

                      Sorry for the negative thinking, this is really just to experiment our morals.
                      Last edited by Crazyjayde; 08-23-2012, 08:27 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Reincarnate
                        x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 6332

                        #56
                        Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                        Originally posted by Crazyjayde
                        I didn't say killing people by yourself. I said, what if you could influence people to kill each other. It's a different matter and this is a factor that can be raised exponentially since it is not of your control but can be multiplied by your actions.

                        The idea that one man can create the end of the world is easily feasible. I'm not pessimistic when I say that, but think of our humanity as it is right now.
                        Isn't it fragile?
                        Not that fragile. Starting genocides like that is oftentimes a rather long-term endeavor in terms of amassing resources and power. You aren't going to get people to kill each other by just causing chaos unless you live in a movie and constantly ask people if they know how you got-these-scars.

                        Besides, such a thing would be shortlived and probably STILL wouldn't offset the longterm deathrate requirement.

                        Comment

                        • top
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 1907

                          #57
                          Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                          I think it's definitely a plausible idea to consider, Reincarnate. Think about it, you have years and years to plan it out and set off a series of events that would gradually lead to a possible World War 3. If you killed enough people in the right places, killed the RIGHT people, and had some luck on your side, I think it's a pretty feasible achievement.

                          Like Crazyjayde said, once you influence enough people, then you wouldn't be alone in your endeavor. It could hasten things up quite quickly.

                          Of course, that's not to say it would be easy by any means. Just that by influence, you could make it easier.

                          Comment

                          • Crazyjayde
                            FFR Veteran
                            • May 2007
                            • 1169

                            #58
                            Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                            I agree on this. When statistics are gathered, you're facing a wall of improbability.
                            Though I'm still relying on the fact that such an enterprise really is just a matter of being in the right body at the right time, and in the end has to depend on luck.
                            It's plausible, there's no denying it. But there's also no denying the fact of success is among the billions.

                            Though, my statement really firstly consisted as a philosophical dilemma, facts were of minor importance.

                            Comment

                            • Pseudo Enigma
                              ごめんなさい (/ω\)
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 2290

                              #59
                              Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                              Originally posted by Reincarnate
                              I posted above explaining why trying to kill everyone off is not a feasible idea. The growth rate is too high (and in reality, it will rise due to exponential reproduction and longer lifespan).
                              That's why I added chaos and madness to it because then there is people killing people, you killing people, you killing yourself, and people killing themselves.

                              Basically cause the biggest panic ever.

                              Ever.

                              edit: hop until you get to be one of the people in control of nuclear weapons, nuke near Korea, start war with Korea. WW3. Make sure you can keep it going as long as possible. I win this thread in terms of nihilism.

                              edit2: oops top said that already, except with less racism. Damn subconscious reading powers.

                              edit3 because I don't want to post again: Technically something that is infinite will always be greater than anything that is finite. Therefore, no matter how high the birth rate exceeds your killing rate, you will always win because your killrate is over infinite time, whereas the birthrate is over a finite amount of time. Because face it, we're stupid enough to accidentally kill ourselves off anyway.

                              But then again, it's not infinite if our jumping capabilities are what we are trying to kill, but that still means you will succeed in the end.
                              Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 08-23-2012, 10:40 PM.

                              Comment

                              • Choofers
                                FFR Player
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 6205

                                #60
                                Re: What if you woke up in a different body every day?

                                wake up in gokus body

                                spirit bomb the life force out of everyone

                                Comment

                                Working...