Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • top
    Banned
    • Apr 2012
    • 1907

    #16
    Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

    i have the sympathy, but no empathy

    Comment

    • Ohaider
      FFR Veteran
      • Jun 2012
      • 2893

      #17
      Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?


      lul not surprised.

      Comment

      • Emanresu13
        FFR Veteran
        • Jun 2005
        • 642

        #18
        Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

        i have the regret, but no remorse


        dunno why it made me think of that
        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
        ^
        Originally posted by MrRubix
        ^

        Comment

        • Xx{Midnight}xX
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2007
          • 8548

          #19
          Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

          Originally posted by Ohaider

          lul not surprised.
          Up's intro is not nearly as tear jerking as the animes Clannad and Toradora. I mean I'm sure it is for others but it didn't strike me as a tearful thing, other than possibly the miscarriage it looked like she had a great life, there wasn't much to really be too sad about to me.

          Comment

          • bballa48
            FFR Veteran
            • Jan 2007
            • 1496

            #20
            Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

            Oh God, I lost it when I saw this in theaters. I am so freaking nostalgic when it comes to reflecting on the past, so this killed me.
            "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
            Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

            Comment

            • Sky Kitten
              meowmix
              Community Manager
              Profile Moderator
              Global Moderator
              • Aug 2007
              • 1089

              #21
              Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

              When I cried the first time, it certainly made me emotional.

              Watching this the second time, I felt sad and teary eyed, but I didn't cry. But like a few people already mentioned, it showed us they lived happy lives together.
              Last edited by Sky Kitten; 08-16-2012, 05:49 PM.


              FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace

              Comment

              • KrazyKitsune
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2010
                • 602

                #22
                Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

                Honestly, I'm a complete rock when it comes to emotions...

                Maybe that might change after I finish Clannad, lol

                Comment

                • Xx{Midnight}xX
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 8548

                  #23
                  Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

                  Originally posted by KrazyKitsune
                  Maybe that might change after I finish Clannad, lol
                  I'm a pretty solid guy with tear jerkers

                  but even I was no match for Clannad.

                  Comment

                  • iironiic
                    D6 FFR Legacy Player
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 4342

                    #24
                    Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

                    Originally posted by bballa48
                    Oh God, I lost it when I saw this in theaters. I am so freaking nostalgic when it comes to reflecting on the past, so this killed me.
                    I think a lot of emotions are understandable if you saw the movie. Personally I didn't see it, but had I seen it, I would probably get just as emotional as you. If not, more emotional haha.

                    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                    Up's intro is not nearly as tear jerking as the animes Clannad and Toradora. I mean I'm sure it is for others but it didn't strike me as a tearful thing, other than possibly the miscarriage it looked like she had a great life, there wasn't much to really be too sad about to me.
                    I don't find anything animated emotional since I can't really relate to the characters as well as real life scenarios. Usually for any animated clip/movie to be emotional for me, a lot of background must be set beforehand and understood well.

                    Scenes depicting actual people experiencing something just as beautiful is extremely emotional for me possibly because it is physically realistic in some sense. Also, a lot of times, these things don't happen in one's average life, but every once in a while, seeing someone in real life experiencing something remarkable is so inspiring and beautiful. I tend to respond to this with teary eyes in cases like this.

                    Comment

                    • demonllama6124
                      im your grandpa!!!
                      • Mar 2004
                      • 1440

                      #25
                      Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

                      in all honesty, i was more like a "well damn, thats gotta suck" type of emotion. I was going through a separation from my wife when i saw this the 1st time so i had no emotion at all. Now if you would have put up the scene from the lion king where mufasa died, id lost big time
                      Originally posted by nestlekwik
                      Blue is my favorite color. Thus, anyone in the chat with a blue name is super awesome and deserves to have Chinese food.
                      Originally posted by welsh_girl
                      OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

                      Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
                      Originally posted by Velocity
                      leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
                      Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
                      http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647

                      Comment

                      • Choofers
                        FFR Player
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 6205

                        #26
                        Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

                        Didn't cry, although I feel like the next time I'll cry is when my mom passes away. I have'nt cried since I was 12 or something rofl.

                        Comment

                        • UserNameGoesHere
                          FFR Veteran
                          • May 2008
                          • 1114

                          #27
                          Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

                          Nothing. No emotion on the Up thing.

                          For the video with the Korean guy who was previously homeless, I had a bit of a smile, but no tears or anything.

                          Only time I really cry is at funerals.
                          Originally posted by Crashfan3
                          Man, what would we do without bored rednecks?
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Arntonach
                            Owlbears Rock!
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 2494

                            #28
                            Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

                            Felt a little sad, but not the whole "OMG I"M CRYING" thing, just "Oh, that's sad."
                            pack of hard stuffs

                            pack of my stuffs

                            Comment

                            • DossarLX ODI
                              Batch Manager
                              Game Manager
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 15013

                              #29
                              Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

                              There are very very personal reasons why I didn't even feel bad at this at all, and I'm not going to bother getting into that. I'd offend too many people.
                              Originally posted by hi19hi19
                              oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                              Comment

                              • Choofers
                                FFR Player
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 6205

                                #30
                                Re: Serious question (random poll!): Can you watch the entire thing and not tear up?

                                ???

                                I don't think personal reasons would offend anyone, else it's something like "it's just a fucen movie lol get over it ya wimpmatron 3000s"

                                Comment

                                Working...