World of Warcraft

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gano
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2006
    • 997

    #736
    Re: Who here plays WoW?

    Mage

    * Deep Freeze doesn't deal damage anymore. Now only stuns the target for 5 seconds.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that was such an easy 3k D:
    Well... I expected a frost nerf of some kind, it was good while it lasted hah

    * Evocation cooldown has been reduced from 8 minutes to 5 minutes.
    This makes me happy.

    doraemon bustin caps

    Comment

    • Tokzic
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 6878

      #737
      Re: Who here plays WoW?

      Originally posted by Gano
      Mage

      * Deep Freeze doesn't deal damage anymore. Now only stuns the target for 5 seconds.
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that was such an easy 3k D:
      Well... I expected a frost nerf of some kind, it was good while it lasted hah
      my first thought upon reading that talent was "are you ****ing serious that is overpowered as ****"

      They should have kept the damage and reduced the stun, if you ask me.

      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

      Comment

      • welsh_girl
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2004
        • 1366

        #738
        Re: Who here plays WoW?

        I tried playing WoW before but never really got it =/

        What exactly does ... happen in it, in a simple way.

        All I know is they keep adding expansion packs on so you keep paying to play.

        Comment

        • roundbox
          fhqwhgads
          • Feb 2005
          • 2086

          #739
          Re: Who here plays WoW?

          I see that Blizzard is really jumping into base mana
          Originally posted by the sun fan
          I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



          Comment

          • Grandiagod
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2004
            • 6122

            #740
            Re: Who here plays WoW?

            That's their new philosophy on mana cost now.
            He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

            Comment

            • Tokzic
              FFR Player
              • May 2005
              • 6878

              #741
              Re: Who here plays WoW?

              Originally posted by welsh_girl
              I tried playing WoW before but never really got it =/

              What exactly does ... happen in it, in a simple way.

              All I know is they keep adding expansion packs on so you keep paying to play.
              There's an extremely minimal story that barely clings together with enough coherence to be called a "story" - really, it's optional and better read on the internet as backstory than in-game, where the basic idea is "Army X sucks, go kill them."

              Anyway, you build your character up by doing quests, which gives you experience needed to increase your base level and items to increase your power. Rinse and repeat.

              Also, along the way you can work together with people in 5-player dungeons where you kill various powerful monsters for good items, or at the level limit, 10- or 25- player raids where you kill various powerful monsters for extremely good items. You can also PVP, where you work with a team to kill other players, which gives similar items to dungeons.

              You also have "professions" which let you create items out of things you'll find in the game world.

              Everyone has an aspect that they like and cling to.

              Typical MMO fare, but WoW does it better than the rest.

              Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

              Comment

              • roundbox
                fhqwhgads
                • Feb 2005
                • 2086

                #742
                Re: Who here plays WoW?

                Rule of thumb with MMOs

                Pick two:

                [ ] Good
                [ ] Free
                [ ] MMO


                Also I guess I've been too shallow to overcome the "x class is OP" barrier. I'm pretty sure everyone else hates warlocks equally.
                Last edited by roundbox; 10-1-2008, 11:43 PM.
                Originally posted by the sun fan
                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                Comment

                • Casull
                  Resident Squirrel
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 9

                  #743
                  Re: Who here plays WoW?

                  I play wow

                  70 warrior, terokkar-US alliance side.
                  main spec is tank though i change to arms/fury or plain fury for pvp/dps.

                  :3

                  oh and, edit: here's my armory. Gear sucks but, meh. I'm workin' on it.
                  Join thousands of mighty heroes in Azeroth, a world of magic and limitless adventure.
                  Last edited by Casull; 10-3-2008, 01:23 AM.
                  Have you ever walked through automatic doors and felt like a jedi...?

                  Comment

                  • roundbox
                    fhqwhgads
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 2086

                    #744
                    Re: Who here plays WoW?

                    Definitely going shaman if we make an FFR team.
                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                    Comment

                    • Grandiagod
                      FFR Player
                      • Jul 2004
                      • 6122

                      #745
                      Re: Who here plays WoW?

                      So far i've played every class but druid up to 30, and a druid is going to be my next character to lvl after my hunter. Either that or i'll finish my rogue.
                      He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

                      Comment

                      • Sullyman2007
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 1663

                        #746
                        Re: Who here plays WoW?

                        Pretty sure I've tried every class as well, favorite of course is priest. Not sure if I have a least favorite but I seem to enjoy caster classes more than melee classes.

                        Comment

                        • Grandiagod
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2004
                          • 6122

                          #747
                          Re: Who here plays WoW?

                          My least favorite is shaman truthfully. Maybe if they had a CC and their healing wasn't downranked Chain Heal I would be interested. They just need a way to spice up the play style of shamans. Enhancement is probably the only tree I would find interesting but it's pretty gimp at the moment.
                          He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

                          Comment

                          • roundbox
                            fhqwhgads
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 2086

                            #748
                            Re: Who here plays WoW?

                            Shaman will finally get a CC spell in WotLK. Hex!
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                            Comment

                            • Grandiagod
                              FFR Player
                              • Jul 2004
                              • 6122

                              #749
                              Re: Who here plays WoW?

                              last time I checked it had a 45 second cooldown, which is terrible. Considering it only lasts 30 seconds in pve and 10 seconds in pvp, definitely not comparable to any other CC. It also doesn't even cause loss of character control, it's basically a 10 second silence that can break on damage.
                              He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

                              Comment

                              • roundbox
                                fhqwhgads
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 2086

                                #750
                                Re: World of Warcraft

                                At least they get some improvement from being the only class without some form of CC.
                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                                Comment

                                Working...