GameFAQs Top 100 Games of all time.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • evilbutterfly
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2003
    • 5784

    #46
    RE: Re: RE: GameFAQs Top 100 Games of all time.

    Final Fantasy is on the list NINE FUCKING TIMES. Even one from the NES is on there. Everybody knows that pretty much all the NES RPGs sucked because there was no direction to the game whatsoever.

    And I don't see why BF1942 is on the list (low) but BF2 isn't on it at all. BF1942 like, created that whole subgenre of FPS games that I have come to know and love, and is definitely better than stupid FF1.

    And I hate how C&C: RA is on there, but C&C: TD isn't. TD had such a better system than RA, it just lacked the multiplayer/skirmish thing that RA was so awesome for. That and I don't think too many people played the original. =\

    EDIT (after having read all 3 pages of thread): Moogy, which games haven't you played?

    Most of you: Stop being idiots. Just because you like RPGs/FPSs/whatever the best does not mean they're the best kind of game. These are opinions, and you trying to act like other people's opinions are wrong makes you look like fu<u></u>cking idiots. Stop it.

    Person who said Halo2 should be higher: lol
    So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

    In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

    So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
    And I write the blog for their website.

    Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

    Comment

    • Moogy
      嗚呼
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2003
      • 10303

      #47
      RE: Re: RE: GameFAQs Top 100 Games of all time.

      EB: I haven't played any of the GTAs, KOTOR, that random NFL game, and one or two PC games.

      Also, I'm the only person on this site who has cultivated the ability to form an opinion about a game correctly. People, look at how well a game is made, not just how much you enjoy it.
      Plz visit my blog

      ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

      Comment

      • Varia
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2003
        • 1713

        #48
        RE: Re: RE: GameFAQs Top 100 Games of all time.

        I was kind of surprised DDR wasn't on the list, or any Bemani game for that matter. But this list was created by fans, so there is a huge amount of bias.

        I was also surprised at FF7 being #1.

        I'm glad there weren't really any flavor of the week games on the list. Except Madden. Madden being on the list should automatically void the list. That and Final Fantasy being on there however many times it was.

        Phantasy Star IV yeeesssss
        GB CHALLENGE IS HOMOSEXUAL

        ARE YOU HOMOSEXUAL?


        I THINK SO

        Comment

        • evilbutterfly
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2003
          • 5784

          #49
          RE: Re: RE: GameFAQs Top 100 Games of all time.

          Originally posted by Moogy
          I haven't played any of the GTAs
          Somehow this doesn't surprise me, and I'd say you should play them just to know what they're really like (the hype and what you hear isn't really what the game is actually like at all. I mean, you can be stupid and just rampage around, but the later ones actually have a story to them and it's coo~) but they are soooo not your style at all. I mean, they're 3D, and the only one even remotely like an RPG is San Andreas, and the RPG elements in that are new and not quite as honed and good as the other parts. *shrug* Oh well.

          And as for that last comment about how well a game is a made....whatever. Like, just today, my roommate was playing Day of Defeat (oldschool one, not the Source version) and I was like "Is it just me, or does DoD really not seem polished and professionally done?" and my roommate responded "No, it doesn't, but what's it matter? It works and it's fun." How well it's made is definitely part of the overall rating of a game, but the fun factor is a major part as well. After all, games are made mainly for pure entertainment. If a game is really well made but not entertaining, it basically sucks. On the other hand, a shoddily made game that is tons of fun to play is awesome. What you said works on a reviewing level, since those opinions need to be more generalized, since enjoyment of a game is very subjective and game reviews need to be more objective.

          However, Moogy, don't even try to act like you're not extremely biased in your video game opinions. And also don't try to act like other people don't respect the value in games they hate or notice the absolute lack of goodness in games they enjoy. You're kind of right, though. Most people judge things just on their enjoyment, and that's a problem in pretty much anything. Like people who say *insert musical genre here* sucks and refuse to recognize the talent it takes to make songs of that musical genre. Not to try and contradict your statement (oh wait, that is what I'm doing) but usually when people ask me opinions about songs I'll combine the talent-based opinion with the enjoyment-based opinion. There are plenty of shitty songs that I like, and plenty of talented people that I can't stand to listen to. I dunno how many times I've listened to some annoying songs and been like "oh man this song sucks but I love it so much!"

          [/rant]
          So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

          In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

          So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
          And I write the blog for their website.

          Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

          Comment

          • jewpinthethird
            (The Fat's Sabobah)
            FFR Music Producer
            • Nov 2002
            • 11711

            #50
            RE: Re: RE: GameFAQs Top 100 Games of all time.

            Comment

            • Sol_Solis
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2005
              • 661

              #51
              RE: Re: RE: GameFAQs Top 100 Games of all time.

              So many nintendo games near the top.

              Comment

              • jewpinthethird
                (The Fat's Sabobah)
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2002
                • 11711

                #52
                Re: RE: Re: RE: GameFAQs Top 100 Games of all time.

                Originally posted by Sol_Solis
                So many nintendo games near the top.
                Because Nintendo had a choke hold on the game industry for a good 12 years. Then all the third party developers ran to Sony once playstation game out.

                Comment

                Working...