Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DragonIIDX
    Not dragon, but dinosaur
    • Aug 2008
    • 916

    #31
    Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

    Bump. So I finally got this game cleaned today and it works now. Unfortunately, my data got erased, and I was in Nimbus Land, so I was far(?) But since this is an awesome game and I haven't played it in a month, I don't mind too much about starting over since I know what to do for the most part now. The part it got messed up on was the battle with Valentina, so hopefully it'll work now, cause I have to beat this game!


    Originally posted by clasko1000
    banned for having an affair with peach
    Originally posted by dAnceguy117
    d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
    Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

    Comment

    • intensez
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2007
      • 944

      #32
      Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

      Originally posted by DragonIIDX
      Bump. So I finally got this game cleaned today and it works now. Unfortunately, my data got erased, and I was in Nimbus Land, so I was far(?) But since this is an awesome game and I haven't played it in a month, I don't mind too much about starting over since I know what to do for the most part now. The part it got messed up on was the battle with Valentina, so hopefully it'll work now, cause I have to beat this game!
      nimbus land was pretty close or nearly to the end.. maybe 2 hours away in-game time if you knew where you were going haha

      Comment

      • Doug31
        Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jun 2004
        • 6811

        #33
        Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

        I think it's a bit more than 2 hours. I don't want to spoil too much by talking about what makes the next few areas take so long though, but they do. Also have you beaten Culex yet? If not, you should be sure to beat him sometime it's a very memorable battle with awesome music.

        Comment

        • intensez
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2007
          • 944

          #34
          Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

          Originally posted by Doug31
          I think it's a bit more than 2 hours. I don't want to spoil too much by talking about what makes the next few areas take so long though, but they do. Also have you beaten Culex yet? If not, you should be sure to beat him sometime it's a very memorable battle with awesome music.
          meh i'm thinking of the speeddemoarchive run lol probably more time than i said. but yes and make sure you look into the side things you can do before you rush to the ending

          Comment

          • DragonIIDX
            Not dragon, but dinosaur
            • Aug 2008
            • 916

            #35
            Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

            Originally posted by Doug31
            Also have you beaten Culex yet? If not, you should be sure to beat him sometime it's a very memorable battle with awesome music.
            Hmm... don't remember the boss names. I'm not sure. I'll make sure to though.

            Originally posted by intensez
            but yes and make sure you look into the side things you can do before you rush to the ending
            I always do sidequests in any game. I'm in no rush to beat this game.


            Originally posted by clasko1000
            banned for having an affair with peach
            Originally posted by dAnceguy117
            d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
            Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

            Comment

            • Doug31
              Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jun 2004
              • 6811

              #36
              Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

              Culex is an optional boss and you'll know when it's him. You must not have faced him. You'll be in for a nice surprise.

              Comment

              • DragonIIDX
                Not dragon, but dinosaur
                • Aug 2008
                • 916

                #37
                Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                Oh... it's one of THOSE bosses. I think I know what you mean.


                Originally posted by clasko1000
                banned for having an affair with peach
                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
                Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

                Comment

                • Elmerz
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Apr 2012
                  • 606

                  #38
                  Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                  Beaten SM RPG so many times. If you're a fan of it you'll most likely enjoy Chrono Trigger as well, it's just a very hard game to get your hands on now a days.

                  Comment

                  • kommisar
                    Dark Chancellor
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 7328

                    #39
                    Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                    ps one of the most wanted sequels of all time (paper mario was fine but not what we were expecting)


                    imagine an rpg on today's consoles starring mario. and I don't mean mario & luigi superstar saga shiet I wasn't a huge fan of those.

                    maybe square enix could help renew its brand by making a must have game like this on the wii u. I don't want to fanboy over it but I think both companies could benefit from a must-have game that gamers have wanted for over a decade
                    Last edited by kommisar; 07-11-2013, 02:38 AM.

                    Comment

                    • Crashfan3
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 2937

                      #40
                      Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                      Easily one of the best games on the SNES and one of the most innovative RPGs of the 90s.

                      I finally bought it for (gasp!) $4.99 last year. I remember I was hunting for video games in a different thrift store in the next town over when my friend calls me and tells me he found SMRPG in a thrift store for five bucks. I bolted out of that store so fast and drove the 15 miles to the other store like my ass was on fire.

                      I got close to halfway through the game when the saves suddenly disappeared... I think the battery is dead. I have about a dozen or so games that need new save batteries and I will replace them... eventually. Until then, this game just sits on the shelf.

                      Comment

                      • Doug31
                        Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 6811

                        #41
                        Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                        Just beat it without turning it off. If you're good it doesn't take all that long.

                        Comment

                        • Elmerz
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 606

                          #42
                          Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                          If you want to do everything, it'll take more than a day. Yoshi racing, the casinos, and of course the lazy shell sidequest and stuff. Etc etc

                          Comment

                          • Crashfan3
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 2937

                            #43
                            Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                            I'm not that good... and I'm one of those people who is slow and meticulous when it comes to playing games, especially RPGs. Not only do I like to try to get 100% but I also take in everything the game has to offer as an experience. Games that take most people 50 hours, I usually spend 70-80 in them...

                            Comment

                            • Doug31
                              Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jun 2004
                              • 6811

                              #44
                              Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                              The lazy shell sidequest barely takes any time and makes the game way too easy. But most of the optional stuff takes a long time.

                              Comment

                              • Elmerz
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Apr 2012
                                • 606

                                #45
                                Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                                It takes a lot of time if you don't do it right. Because you can mess it up.

                                Comment

                                Working...