Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Reincarnate
    x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
    • Nov 2010
    • 6332

    #16
    Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

    Anyone get that Super Jacket or whatever it was without cheating? Can't remember if that's what it was called -- you had to successfully pull off a crazy number of jumps in battle mode with Mario to win the thing

    Comment

    • ReikonKeiri
      i wanna be ur pop star
      • Jun 2006
      • 2388

      #17
      Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

      best snes game all time, but on my 2nd playthrough i randomly found the lazy shell and it ruined the game for me. made mario able to solo culex. fuckin dumb...


      FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
      Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

      It's Only Natural BF
      Southern Cross BF
      Minute Waltz v2 BF
      Novo Mundo BF
      Stark Raving Mad BF
      Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
      Choprite 2 clean
      Rottel 2 clean
      J&C 2 clean
      Chronograph 2-1-0-1
      BB Evo 3 clean
      Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
      Epilogue 3-0-0-1
      Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
      World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
      Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
      Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
      Gravity Blast 4 clean
      Just Why 4 clean
      Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
      300 4-0-0-1
      Pure Ruby 5 clean
      Destination of the Heart 5 clean
      Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
      Oni 6 clean
      Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
      Ambient Angels 6 clean
      Colorful Course 6 clean
      Hajnal 6 clean
      Arsonist 7-0-0-1
      Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
      Face in the Gutter 8 clean
      Kanon Medley 8 clean
      Colibri 8 clean
      Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
      Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
      Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
      Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
      Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean


      Originally posted by Moogle-master
      To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.

      Comment

      • DragonIIDX
        Not dragon, but dinosaur
        • Aug 2008
        • 916

        #18
        Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

        Originally posted by intensez
        this is the best mario rpg game ever made and youll agree when you complete it
        Originally posted by MarioNintendo
        That honor goes to Mario Superstar Saga :F
        I think they're both great. :> If I had to make a list...

        1. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
        2. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
        3. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
        4. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
        5. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

        It's a tough call for me since I love both games so much... but I think that either Super Paper Mario or Paper Mario: Sticker Star has to be the worst Mario RPG game. SPM completely removed the battle system, and Sticker Star was too happy-go-lucky in my opinion. I like that the Mario & Luigi series keeps the same battle system. Excited for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team too. Hopefully it won't change things too much.


        Originally posted by clasko1000
        banned for having an affair with peach
        Originally posted by dAnceguy117
        d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
        Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

        Comment

        • Hateandhatred
          "The Quebec Steparatist."
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2011
          • 1974

          #19
          Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

          Originally posted by MarioNintendo
          You own 3 copies because you don't understand hoe eBay sworks, lol

          A fantastic game indeed, I payed $60 for it a while ago, but it's still worth it. That game is PK Rockin.
          Bullshit LOL I just got ass bad luck.
          Forgot where I put my old sig lol

          Comment

          • demonllama6124
            im your grandpa!!!
            • Mar 2004
            • 1440

            #20
            Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

            Originally posted by Reincarnate
            Anyone get that Super Jacket or whatever it was without cheating? Can't remember if that's what it was called -- you had to successfully pull off a crazy number of jumps in battle mode with Mario to win the thing
            you had to do a 100 jump combo with the super jump, and yes i did ;P
            the ONLY thing that stopped me from 100% was getting that stupid piece of sh!t hidden box in the main hallway of the mushroom castle.

            Also, be sure to buy fireworks and trade it for a shiny stone. the stone will open the way for a very special surprise
            Originally posted by nestlekwik
            Blue is my favorite color. Thus, anyone in the chat with a blue name is super awesome and deserves to have Chinese food.
            Originally posted by welsh_girl
            OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

            Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
            Originally posted by Velocity
            leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
            Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
            http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647

            Comment

            • Dynam0
              The Dominator
              • Sep 2005
              • 8987

              #21
              Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

              Cypher (sp?) did the 99 jump thing at AGDQ pretty easily. Like 90% of the boss fights in a speed-run are beaten using a huge super jump so I guess you'd have to get pretty good at timing them

              Love this game though, I really want to see a sequel/remake or w.e

              Comment

              • Reincarnate
                x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                • Nov 2010
                • 6332

                #22
                Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                Originally posted by demonllama6124
                you had to do a 100 jump combo with the super jump, and yes i did ;P
                the ONLY thing that stopped me from 100% was getting that stupid piece of sh!t hidden box in the main hallway of the mushroom castle.

                Also, be sure to buy fireworks and trade it for a shiny stone. the stone will open the way for a very special surprise
                While I didn't get the jacket (legitimately, that is), I totally got that treasure box -- one of the few things I remember reading from Nintendo Power magazine back in the day.

                The jump timings start to change a bit partway in and I couldn't be fucked to keep track of the offsets.

                Comment

                • One Winged Angel
                  Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 10837

                  #23
                  Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                  That first frog coin hidden box is such a troll for people that don't know it's there lmao

                  Also yeah I've done the 100 super jump twice, cyghfer and 0xwas tru kings of dat shiat though (rip cyghfer)


                  Originally posted by ilikexd
                  i want to be cucked by cirno

                  Comment

                  • demonllama6124
                    im your grandpa!!!
                    • Mar 2004
                    • 1440

                    #24
                    Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                    Originally posted by nestlekwik
                    Blue is my favorite color. Thus, anyone in the chat with a blue name is super awesome and deserves to have Chinese food.
                    Originally posted by welsh_girl
                    OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

                    Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
                    Originally posted by Velocity
                    leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
                    Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
                    http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647

                    Comment

                    • V-Ormix
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 4677

                      #25
                      Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                      yeah this game is a masterpiece.

                      Comment

                      • Claire Diviner
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2013
                        • 9

                        #26
                        Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                        Probably one of the best and polished RPGs on the SNES - let alone Mario games. So many easter eggs and references to both Nintendo and Final Fantasy (mostly Nintendo though), and this was the first time I've heard game music by Yoko Shimomura, who has gone on to do music for Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana, and - more famously - the Kingdom Hearts series. A joint effort between Nintendo and Square. Never before; never again... but then that's what they also said about this:

                        Comment

                        • Reincarnate
                          x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 6332

                          #27
                          Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                          pink? really?

                          Comment

                          • HalfStep
                            Can't AAA anything
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 1391

                            #28
                            Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                            Yep

                            4th Official Tournament - D1 34th Place
                            5th Official Tournament - D3 Last Place
                            8th Official Tournament - D3 3rd Place
                            TSR's Summer Golf Tournament - D4 2nd Place
                            FFR Multiplayer Tournament 2013 - D5 12th Place
                            YoshL's Tournament of Mediocrity - 2nd Place
                            TSR's Rates Tournament - Standard 2nd Place
                            DRG's Team Tournament - Intermediate 1st Place
                            9th Official FFR Tournament - D5 35th Place

                            Comment

                            • DragonIIDX
                              Not dragon, but dinosaur
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 916

                              #29
                              Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                              Welp. I don't know if I can finish it now since whenever I go into the Valentina battle, the game freezes. It worked perfectly up until this point. Tried it a few times after and still kept freezing... and now the game won't turn on at all. Might have to get it cleaned somewhere. :/ Cause I have to beat it!


                              Originally posted by clasko1000
                              banned for having an affair with peach
                              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                              d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
                              Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

                              Comment

                              • Doug31
                                Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2004
                                • 6811

                                #30
                                Re: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

                                You should finish it, and yeah, very good game with so many interesting things to try to do other than just beat the game. I find it too hard to jump 100 times in a row though. I thought I'd be able to do it after playing FFR so much but my best is still only 43.

                                Comment

                                Working...