TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afrobean
    Admiral in the Red Army
    • Dec 2003
    • 13262

    #76
    Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

    Originally posted by devonin
    An alibi for what? Did someone accuse you of something?
    YEAH EDU WHY SO DEFENSIVE ALL OF A SUDDEN

    Really, you're right. The idea I mentioned is probably just as likely for me being a wolf as you lmao

    You're probably right though. Probably just wolves being dumbasses.

    Comment

    • DarkManticoreX2
      TWG Overlord
      • Apr 2005
      • 7355

      #77
      Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

      Originally posted by Afrobean
      You're probably right though. Probably just wolves being dumbasses.
      I don't like this. The wolves are never dumbasses, and suggesting they are means that you're restricting higher level players from being wolves. With 5 or more players of such a caliber in the game I don't think you can make that assumption.

      Say the kill is stupid, thats fine. Say the players are stupid that made the kill and it makes it look like you're trying to distance yourself from it afro
      AAA's = 800

      Originally posted by V
      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #78
        Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

        oh sounds like a struck a nerve

        Don't like being called a dumbass? Is that it, manti?

        Comment

        • devonin
          Very Grave Indeed
          Community Manager
          Event Staff
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Apr 2004
          • 10120

          #79
          Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

          Well, on the one hand, coming out and suggesting that Afro is a wolf because he was highly critical of the wolves decision is a little out of nowhere, and could easily be a "Quick, everybody pay attention to HIM" attempt from a wolfy Manti.

          But, on the other hand, Afro's pretty much required to post this way now and forever since he's established it as his "I'm a human" posting style, and so making calls, and then wolfing his own calls so he can continue to be critical of wolves could easily be a wolfy Afro.

          Neither position has enough evidence at all to actually bold a name yet though.

          Comment

          • DarkManticoreX2
            TWG Overlord
            • Apr 2005
            • 7355

            #80
            Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

            Not at all afro. The people that are playing in this game are all capable of thinking for themselves. There isn't a single stupid or retarded player in this whole game.

            That said, suggesting that the wolves who killed freaky are all "stupid" seems like a ploy to me. It sounds like you're saying "Every player that could have been involved with that kill must be a bad player", thus focusing attention on other, more lesser skilled players.

            Seems to me like an attempt to divert eyes from yourself and onto others, and I don't get why you would be doing that so early in the game.
            AAA's = 800

            Originally posted by V
            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

            Comment

            • devonin
              Very Grave Indeed
              Community Manager
              Event Staff
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Apr 2004
              • 10120

              #81
              Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

              Because the same reason why it used to be the case that if you survived night one people thought you were a wolf, if Afro doesn't painstakingly overanalyze everything no matter what, people will think he's a wolf

              Comment

              • FictionJunction
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2006
                • 3843

                #82
                Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                Originally posted by devonin
                An alibi for what? Did someone accuse you of something?
                hey, nothing wrong with fending arfo away

                if you considered his theory only arfo and I would have been potential suspects as far as we know. If not him it's me. I think this game merits a little more defensiveness than would normally be expected of every player.
                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                wow

                Comment

                • DarkManticoreX2
                  TWG Overlord
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 7355

                  #83
                  Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                  The over analysis is normal and I've come to expect it from Afro. However I feel like he's giving off a subtle undertone of

                  "I'm not stupid, I can't have been involved with this wolving"

                  And i don't like it
                  AAA's = 800

                  Originally posted by V
                  Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                  Comment

                  • devonin
                    Very Grave Indeed
                    Community Manager
                    Event Staff
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 10120

                    #84
                    Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                    What I'm getting at, Manti, is that the undertones you're getting could possibly be "Since I -am- a wolf, but have to over-analyze to not blow my cover, I can only overanalyze what I've got, which isn't much"

                    Comment

                    • devonin
                      Very Grave Indeed
                      Community Manager
                      Event Staff
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 10120

                      #85
                      Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                      Not that I necessarily agree with you that Afro's giving off a wolfy undertone, just suggesting what could lead to him giving off such an undertone.

                      Comment

                      • devonin
                        Very Grave Indeed
                        Community Manager
                        Event Staff
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 10120

                        #86
                        Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                        Also, why do I always think of something else to add after posting, when I can't edit?

                        Comment

                        • iggymatrixcounter
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 1924

                          #87
                          Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                          viccia

                          This post screams out to me because I think she half jokingly said it to see if it would stick or not. She says that the night kill gives us more to talk about, but does not offer up anything to say. And she separates herself from having done the kill because she would have gone for "afro or iggy" which is clearly not the case because afro and I would have had a high chance of being guarded.

                          Couple that with my ever present theory that wolves are heard but not seen, stressing that every wolf knows he needs to post but has troubles posting because he has to be careful not to reveal anything.

                          Have at it.
                          lastfm
                          PANDORA

                          Comment

                          • Afrobean
                            Admiral in the Red Army
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 13262

                            #88
                            Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                            Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                            things
                            I'm not stupid, I can't have been involved with wolfing freaky.

                            I already wanted freaky killed and I was planning on getting him lynched today. Would be pretty stupid of me to wolf my lynch choice.

                            And I'm not stupid.

                            Manti, if you want me deaded, you'll have a better chance at going for me at night I think. I probably won't be guarded. The guardian will probably be too busy guarding you, because odds are that the person who got the role is one of the less confident players with a lot less experience.

                            Comment

                            • Viccica
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 702

                              #89
                              Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                              No I would go for afro or you because you, iggy, have been known to pretty much single-handedly win games for the humans. You'd be a reasonable threat to the wolf team alive so I'd think you'd be a very sensible kill being as how (no offense to the rest of you) I find you to be the best player here currently...

                              Afro because I left him alive as a human last game to hopefully cause problems for the humans and it backfired and he managed to pin nearly the entire wolf team (whether or not he realized it at the time).


                              I said that taking into the account that there's 1 guard a night and there's PLENTY of better options to try and kill than freaky. Regardless of whether or not you two are worth guarding only one of you can be. If I were a wolf I wouldn't waste a kill on someone who blatantly said they'd be inactive as opposed to a player of a higher caliber.




                              manti because I think he jumped the gun a bit without really having much reasoning behind it except to maybe throw some attention on someone else to be safe.
                              Dear sirs,
                              One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                              In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                              Sincerely,

                              Your Client
                              Eco Friendly
                              ♥~Chu

                              Comment

                              • Viccica
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 702

                                #90
                                Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                                There would be way more risks leaving one of you alive than starting to off you guys as a whole. That's my view on who I would wolf.




                                And yeah, it was me posting jokingly but I don't want to come right out and be like 'HEY BECAUSE OF THIS KILL I THINK MANTI IS A WOLF'. It'd draw attention to me to back up my theory and I really don't have one, it was just a hunch and until I was more sure about anything I didn't want to take any blind leap into the unknown and put a vote on him...
                                Dear sirs,
                                One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                                In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                                Sincerely,

                                Your Client
                                Eco Friendly
                                ♥~Chu

                                Comment

                                Working...