TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Syhto
    BuMP it
    • Mar 2006
    • 2466

    #61
    Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

    A simple way to prevent that would be holding off killing due to inactivity (or needing to be subbed) until the end of the day phase, and announce it with the lynching. If the person with the most votes happens to have asked to be killed, they will just die as usual.
    Originally posted by ~jrodd
    keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
    Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
    I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

    Comment

    • devonin
      Very Grave Indeed
      Community Manager
      Event Staff
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Apr 2004
      • 10120

      #62
      Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

      Kills for inactivity shouldn't happen until the phase is resolved anyway, so they'd be lynched, and then pointlessly rekilled for inactivity.

      As for asking to be subbed, the option should simply not exist. If you can't be active, you'll end up not voting and being killed anyway, what's the purpose in asking for a sub when "You can't be subbed" is part of the rules?

      Comment

      • Syhto
        BuMP it
        • Mar 2006
        • 2466

        #63
        Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

        Ending night a bit early because I need to go to bed.

        Twas the night before Day 1, when all through the town
        Three creatures were stirring, barely making a sound,
        Their teeth gleaming white in the dark misty air,
        Preluding the scythe and the grimreapers stare.


        Freakysnots has been killed.

        Players:
        1. fiction (fikshonjunkshon)
        2. freezinice (NEXGen33)
        3. a2p (awesome lamer)
        4. afrobean (afrobean16)
        5. litodude (litodude)
        6. freakysnots (freakysnots)
        7. devonin (danielruffolo18)
        8. tupac (tupacodaman)
        9. emerald (emerald3x0)
        10. manti (DarkManticoreX2)
        11. Gun92 (james92Hoffman)
        12. u84 (u84 77)
        13. IggyMatrixCounter (Iggy911mc)
        14. Makilaz (benderchan)
        15. Temote (Sumote)
        16. Viccica (MMViccica)

        The sun begins to rise. The shady creatures flee the scene before the rest wake. Pinks and purples light the bloody corpse of freakysnots, which is resting on his now red stoop. Who could have done this?

        Day 1 has started. Day 1 ends @ 11:59 PM CST Thursday, 19th.
        Originally posted by ~jrodd
        keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
        Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
        I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

        Comment

        • devonin
          Very Grave Indeed
          Community Manager
          Event Staff
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Apr 2004
          • 10120

          #64
          Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

          Guess he wasn't doing the same "inactivity bs" to avoid getting lynched this time.

          Comment

          • Temote
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2007
            • 748

            #65
            Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

            Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
            My gut says that temote will be wolfed tonight. XD
            Late post because I just got off work (two hours ago, but stuck walking home):

            What? No. >=(

            But seriously, why me? XD I can't figure any reason anyone would actually even notice me.

            (Hell, I don't even think half the players this game noticed me being here. x_x)

            Also, I refuse to go with gut feelings for wolf picks because my gut tells me that Fic is always a wolf. And that Afro is usually a wolfish yet misunderstood human.

            I'll get a more helpful post once I talk to a few people. (Huzzah, I have the next few days with no work at all. I can actually try to be useful.)

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #66
              Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

              Originally posted by FictionJunction
              we're talking. we're discussing. we're giving the wolves something to base their first kill off,
              That door swings both ways. It also gives the guardian a better insight as well, assuming he's able to keep up with the wolves' thought level.

              I mean, you're advocating inactivity here. You're saying activity helps the wolves and telling us to be inactive. Subtle attempt at guiding humanity away from their true goal, or misguided advice?

              Really, nothing changes between night 1 and day 1. The night 1 kill should almost NEVER magically spark relevant discussion. Guessing at who the wolves are based on who died is almost ALWAYS a fruitless endeavor. The only difference between night 1 and day 1 is that one of the 16 players can no longer add anything to the discussion.

              whether that be activity, attitude or whatever. We're not getting along and they'll know who to off to keep us having at each other.
              My activity and attitude aren't going to magically change when someone gets killed at daybreak. Me not getting along with people is important to my tactic, and if it'll help me not be wolfed night, then that's all for the better.

              Originally posted by devonin
              Guess he wasn't doing the same "inactivity bs" to avoid getting lynched this time.
              lol i know right

              What is up with these wolves lately. They seem to kill my suspects often and it just makes it all that much easier to find them.

              Comment

              • Temote
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2007
                • 748

                #67
                Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                Originally posted by Afrobean
                What is up with these wolves lately. They seem to kill my suspects often and it just makes it all that much easier to find them.
                Wouldn't they always kill your suspects if you suspect everyone, though?

                Assuming you still don't have a list until Day2/Night3 as you said.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #68
                  Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                  Originally posted by Temote
                  Wouldn't they always kill your suspects if you suspect everyone, though?
                  That's just it. I don't REALLY suspect everyone.

                  But they even are willing to kill my suspects who have openly attacked. Maybe this was just their tactic to avoid being guarded, but come on. They'd be better off leaving the people I'd attack alive if they're green. Knowing me, I'd do their legwork for them and work to get the guy killed during the day.

                  Comment

                  • Viccica
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 702

                    #69
                    Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                    I bet it was Manti getting revenge on freaky for always trying to get him killed.






                    But I'll have to disagree a bit, afro. While not a lot could be uncovered by who gets killed it DOES offer a little bit of insight on how the wolf play is going. Not much to go off of after night 1 sure, but for sure offers a bit more to talk about.




                    I think it's kind of strange freaky got killed, actually. After he all but said he was gonna be kind of inactive seems like a useless kill a little unless there was some kind of reason behind it. Sure, he's one of the more experienced players but if I were a wolf I'd have gone for iggy or afro... Not freaky. o.O
                    Dear sirs,
                    One of my checks was returned marked "insufficient funds".

                    In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

                    Sincerely,

                    Your Client
                    Eco Friendly
                    ♥~Chu

                    Comment

                    • FictionJunction
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3843

                      #70
                      Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                      As for me advocating inactivity.

                      I'm not advocating inactivity, I'm asking you to not rag on everyone for every trivial detail of their posts. If you're really concerned about something on night one then talk to them via AIM instead of keeping that sort of thing public. Sure, it works both ways but then we have to act upon that and I don't expect us to do so efficiently - especially on night one when the wolves have the upper hand of killing someone that just might get us to continue going off at each other.

                      But whatever, right? Maybe I overestimate the wolves.
                      The freakysnots kill was, well, stupid. Especially after arfo said he was suspicious of him and my post claiming that he was acting defensive - all things that could easily be spun into a lynch everyone is ok with.
                      Originally posted by j-rodd123
                      wow

                      Comment

                      • devonin
                        Very Grave Indeed
                        Community Manager
                        Event Staff
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 10120

                        #71
                        Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                        Don't underestimate the possibility that a wolf or wolves fired off their PM very early into night phase either. They didn't necessarily decide to kill freaky -after- the issues were suggested. Plus, one of Afro's/Fic's suspicious people getting offed also casts doubt onto all of their other suggestions. Perhaps Afro was closer to getting everyone than we thought, and by killing one of his possibles, they hope to draw attention away from his other possibles?

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #72
                          Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                          Originally posted by FictionJunction
                          especially on night one when the wolves have the upper hand of killing someone that just might get us to continue going off at each other.
                          Wolves always have the upper hand. Through the entire game. They are the informed minority picking us off one-by-one. That is what the game is. The whole game is the uninformed majority trying their best to overcome their lack of information to win against this force which has power over them.

                          But whatever, right? Maybe I overestimate the wolves. The freakysnots kill was, well, stupid. Especially after arfo said he was suspicious of him and my post claiming that he was acting defensive - all things that could easily be spun into a lynch everyone is ok with.
                          Yeah, if I had been asked who would be day 1 lynch yesterday, I would have guessed freaky. Seems to me like they were doing their best to not get guarded, but MAJORLY overshot the target and went to far off-center. It's not hard to make a wolf kill and not be guarded. You don't need to kill a suspected wolf to avoid the guardian's gaze.

                          But then again, perhaps the wolves are playing on a higher level too. Maybe they knew this was a "poor choice", and they intentionally made this poor choice not only to ensure they'd avoid the guardian, but also to provide a misleading profile. Even though I say clearly that the wolf kills shouldn't be useful for finding wolves, I often consider them when building a profile of the sort of personality the wolves, as a whole, possess. For example, if they went after manti last night, I would have considered them a cunning and daring bunch, albeit with misguided values of the game, perhaps bold but stupid. But going after someone who was potentially going to be on the chopping block just seems like such a patently bad choice. The profile would seem to indicate that these wolves are stupid.

                          I think it might actually be more likely that they're not. I think it is more likely that they were trying to throw us off. I think they might have even done it to toy with us, to make the game more challenging or more interesting.

                          What do you think about this concept, fiction? No offense bro, but I feel like this is something you might do.

                          ps dev, it is possible, but any wolf worth their weight would have sent a new PM after **** went down. Freaky wasn't even a good kill choice to begin with anyway due to his knack for inactivity. As for killing one of my suspects to cast doubt on my list of suspects, I don't think this is very likely. It's too subtle. Either way, it's not like my list of suspects hinged on any one of them. Just because one of them was wrong doesn't mean they all are. You should know this.

                          Comment

                          • FictionJunction
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3843

                            #73
                            Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                            Yes, it's something I would do.

                            It's definitely not happening. Consider the time you posted your suspicions, the time I told you that freaky came to me, the time we both made our suspicions public and who's sly enough to do something like that for the reasons you've stated. I don't think it's a matter of them thinking on a higher level as much as it was a randomly selected choice. The people who killed freaky wouldn't have killed him to set themselves apart from him, the only people we know he had any contact with are me and you and I anyway. You're only casting suspicion on me and yourself. The decision to kill freakysnots is questionable only because keeping him alive would have worked for the better.

                            If it's anything to you, I went to bed yesterday at 5:30pm and woke up at 8am this morning. I have a weak alibi, but an alibi nonetheless.
                            Originally posted by j-rodd123
                            wow

                            Comment

                            • devonin
                              Very Grave Indeed
                              Community Manager
                              Event Staff
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Apr 2004
                              • 10120

                              #74
                              Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                              An alibi for what? Did someone accuse you of something?

                              Comment

                              • devonin
                                Very Grave Indeed
                                Community Manager
                                Event Staff
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Apr 2004
                                • 10120

                                #75
                                Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

                                I thought night ended because Syhto wanted to go to bed. That means she already had all the needed PMs to end the phase, but didn't end it early.

                                Comment

                                Working...